• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

They rolled protection to Mack all year with Bosa out.
    Mack was coming off ankle surgery and wasn't able to run as much in '22 offseason.
    He's faster now. So is Bosa and Fox.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Mack was coming off ankle surgery and wasn't able to run as much in '22 offseason.
      He's faster now. So is Bosa and Fox.
      If everyone can just stay healthy! This D would be beastly. We have only seen glimpses of Mack/Bosa attack.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

If everyone can just stay healthy! This D would be beastly. We have only seen glimpses of Mack/Bosa attack.
        I was thrilled when we signed Mack. Just an awesome player. Having to wait to see him & Bosa at full strength has raised my anticipation.
        Tuli and Rumph have been getting good reviews. Fox and DL look good. LB and S blitz look good.
        As always, nothing guaranteed. That said, QB pressure and pass D should be very good.
        Run D TBD. I think we have the players and the plan to be better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Mack is not just a great player, he is a great leader, great person, great factor in the lockerroom. He is able to connect with all the different personalities and positions on the team. Successful teams need Macks to become elite teams.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Mack is not just a great player, he is a great leader, great person, great factor in the lockerroom. He is able to connect with all the different personalities and positions on the team. Successful teams need Macks to become elite teams.

TG
            i like him good guy GIF by Kim's Convenience
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

That’s a great show, Dmac. Kind of like a Korean Office. I love the interaction between the mother and father.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Boltjolt richpjr DerwinBosa dmac_bolt

We argued about this all summer. I held the position that Derwin is overrated and not deserving of his contract, the highest paid safety in the NFL. You all argued that was preposterous, that Derwin was an elite player and worth every penny he was being paid. All of our posts are in this thread. I think my point of view has proven to be accurate. Derwin is more hype than substance, and he has proven that fact this season. Derwin is not elite, he's proving to be a low-IQ player, and he is vastly overrated and overpaid. Do you still disagree? Do any of you still hold the position that Derwin is an elite safety?

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

We argued about this all summer. I held the position that Derwin is overrated and not deserving of his contract, the highest paid safety in the NFL. You all argued that was preposterous, that Derwin was an elite player and worth every penny he was being paid. All of our posts are in this thread. I think my point of view has proven to be accurate. Derwin is more hype than substance, and he has proven that fact this season. Derwin is not elite, he's proving to be a low-IQ player, and he is vastly overrated and overpaid. Do you still disagree? Do any of you still hold the position that Derwin is an elite safety?
                  I disagree with the way the coaching staff is using him.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I disagree with the way the coaching staff is using him.
                    You believe Derwin is an elite player, but his poor performance stems from how the coaches use him? What about his persistent propensity to commit 15 yard fouls? Is that the coaches' fault too?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

You believe Derwin is an elite player, but his poor performance stems from how the coaches use him? What about his persistent propensity to commit 15 yard fouls? Is that the coaches' fault too?
                      Where did I say any of that? I said I disagree with how the coaches are using him, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Where did I say any of that? I said I disagree with how the coaches are using him, nothing more, nothing less.
                        You no longer assert that he is an elite player then?

Comment

• Air Coryell
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2021
                          • Carlsbad, CA
                          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                          • Send PM

100% Derwin is a SS. That poition is done in modern football. He can't play FS or CB. Low IQ. WAY over drafted and paid. Only thing we can do is beef him up and move him move him to LB.

Comment

Working...
                          X