Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Watt sucks.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

The biggest problem is that there is virtually no help on the OL in FA. Not to mention the biggest problem on the OL last year was Franklin and he isn't going anywhere for cap reasons.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        The biggest problem is that there is virtually no help on the OL in FA. Not to mention the biggest problem on the OL last year was Franklin and he isn't going anywhere for cap reasons.
        what are your thoughts on trying to land Vasquez if he comes at a reasonable price? I think I'm most concerned about finding a Blue Chip starting OC with little/no learning curve and security at LT if Dunlap continues missing games with more concussions and missing games with injuries.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

If you sign Vasquez, what do you do with Fluker?

And I didn't know we hadn't resigned Hairston. He wasn't great, but I was glad we had him as a reserve last year. We got a lot of decent snaps from him.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Hairston is visiting Pittsburgh...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Watt is a smart kid. Im not ready to throw him out yet. I think in time he will be a solid backup. I wouldn't have drafted him where we did. I was bummed we took him a couple rounds early. But i think with good coaching he will have a role for us as a back up. I like to give drafted players 3 years before i consider them a bust. But i dont like using 3rd rounders on depth players.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

And I didn't know we hadn't resigned Hairston. He wasn't great, but I was glad we had him as a reserve last year. We got a lot of decent snaps from him.
                I dunno, but I think you just let it play out between now and preseason games. Many people complain about Fluker not being good enough at OT or OG- and Franklin was underwhelming even when not hurt last year. Let the 3 battle in camp to find the 2 best starting OGs and go from there. I think Fluker is still on his rookie deal? So not costing a ton if he became a backup for the year. He can also backup at RT if Barksdale needs to switch to LT when Dunlap can't play. I'm not thinking our injury problems will be any better this year than the last 2 either. Some possibilities there for moving pieces to get the best 5 nailed early in TC.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  I dunno, but I think you just let it play out between now and preseason games. Many people complain about Fluker not being good enough at OT or OG- and Franklin was underwhelming even when not hurt last year. Let the 3 battle in camp to find the 2 best starting OGs and go from there. I think Fluker is still on his rookie deal? So not costing a ton if he became a backup for the year. He can also backup at RT if Barksdale needs to switch to LT when Dunlap can't play. I'm not thinking our injury problems will be any better this year than the last 2 either. Some possibilities there for moving pieces to get the best 5 nailed early in TC.
                  I expect Dunlap to retire after his next concussion, so yeah, Barksdale to LT and Fluker to RT is a possibility.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I put Fluker Vasquez and Franklin in a 3 way battle for 2 spots. Best 2 play. Right now I would bet on Fluker and Vasquez. Hopefully, Franklin will come back and play better, but he was awful. He had been a pretty good player in Denver.

The thing to note with Hariston is that no one else has either. I am not against the idea of bringing him back, but if we have a better talent base to compete for the spots, then do we really need him?

Watt is a nice option to compete for a spot, but we still need at least one other player to be in the mix at C.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Im not so down on Franklin. He played to well in Denver to think his bad year with us wasn't injury related or just a fluke. I expect him to rebound.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I expect Dunlap to retire after his next concussion, so yeah, Barksdale to LT and Fluker to RT is a possibility.
                        Didn't Franklin start at RT for Denver his 1st couple years before they switched him to OG? If I'm remembering that correctly; he could also go to RT and open up a spot for Watt at LG and see
                        ?wat? he can really do with extended starting time in a familiar position. And that's again assuming Barksdale had to flip to LT to replace Dunlap for some reason- not as THE preferred starting line up.

Speaking of Dunlap, it's been a long time since I heard/read anything on his status going forward....

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I herd talk that Franklin did not like Joe D's oline scheme or Riechs offence AT all. Had sideline verbal bouts with Joe D at the end of the season. I new OC and Oline coach should help.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X