• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I still don't see any tangible difference between Tunsil and Stanley. I have issues with both, but that is a draft value thing, they are both good players.

I wouldn't care what Dunlap did. He isn't the guy I would be replacing anyway. Dunlap struggled some last year, but overall he was one of best OL.

If we draft one of the two OT, I would either let them start out at RT, moving Barksdale inside, or:

Move Dunlap to RT (he played RT in philly and in college), and let the rookie play LT.

Franklin is another Fluker at RT. Both have some speed and change of direction problems with super fast/quick edge rushers like Demarcus Ware, Von Miller, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Dee Ford, Kalil Mack, and Bruce Irvin. The significance of those players is they are the key edge rushers for the rest of the division. Both can get better in terms of technique and that would help more than anything, but the speed and quickness off the edge is pretty unforgiving for both of them right now.

It also proves beyond a doubt, if we want to win this season, we have to improve the running game, because even if the OL plays great, we don't want to let the rest of the division tee off on Rivers. Those edge rushers will beat any OL if we can't control the down and distance, as well as run to wear them down.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Probably depth replacement.
      My guess is they'll be signing an ILB type, with both Butler and Conner gone.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
        My guess is they'll be signing an ILB type, with both Butler and Conner gone.
        Ghelkin did let it slip that they were interested in Shea McClellin from the Bears. Heard something over the weekend that they are still interested.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Ghelkin did let it slip that they were interested in Shea McClellin from the Bears. Heard something over the weekend that they are still interested.
          I'd like to see this Boise State guy in SD. He's good when he's healthy and has a nose for the ball but has missed some games and had concussion problems in college.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            McClellin signed elsewhere. Jets, I think.

A lot of the guys drafted with Ingram have not reached their potential. Nick Perry, McClellin, etc. Shows how inexact all of this is.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              I'd still draft Tunsil or Stanley.

I like Dunlap when he can play. But, that's not often. And he's about a concussion away from being done forever.
              Agree 100%. With all due respect to Dunlap, because I appreciate his play here, but he has been just as much of the problem (health-wise) with this OL as anything else.

If Tunsil is there I draft him no questions asked. For fuck's sake, give Rivers something up front in these last few years of his career.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Agree 100%. With all due respect to Dunlap, because I appreciate his play here, but he has been just as much of the problem (health-wise) with this OL as anything else.

If Tunsil is there I draft him no questions asked. For fuck's sake, give Rivers something up front in these last few years of his career.
                Agree but I don't see Tennessee passing on Tunsil. Titans got a RB in Demarco Murray, they need a WR, but there is no WR warranted of being the #1 pick of the draft. Titans need help on D for sure so the only player #1 worthy of the pick would be Jalen Ramsey. What team would trade up to #1 to change the dynamics of the draft?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

SF could swap picks to move the #1 to grab Goff ahead of Cleveland, who picks Wentz. Tennessee then picks Stanley as their OT.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    SF could swap picks to move the #1 to grab Goff ahead of Cleveland, who picks Wentz. Tennessee then picks Stanley as their OT.

Under this scenario I assume SF has traded Kapernack and he isn't going to Cleveland, because if he goes to Cleveland then they would be looking at Tunsil to replace Schwart (T) who signed with KC, and Joe Thomas the other Tackle is going into his 11th season.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      McClellin signed elsewhere. Jets, I think.

A lot of the guys drafted with Ingram have not reached their potential. Nick Perry, McClellin, etc. Shows how inexact all of this is.

TG
                      McLelin visited the Jets, but has not signed anywhere yet. I honestly don't know anything about him, other than a few comments we were interested in him.

Comment

Working...
                      X