OT: Are you Right handed or Left Handed - What Pets Do You Have?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

They just brought back the enchirito. I stopped doing taco bell when they dropped the Mexican Pizza and the enchirito. Now that their back I now have a reason to stop in every now and then.
    Eh, maybe I'll try the enchirito. Liked them way back when but Roberto's is closer to me than TB. Del Taco is as well.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Meat eater here...for my sanity! LOL!
      ( I do try to eat a more balanced meal though)

I used to eat meat in a balanced diet. I wish I had started checking my cholesterol levels at an early age and taken tests to see how much plaque build-up there was in my arteries. It would've saved me a lot of hassle as I got older. If you have a family history of heart disease, it's never too early to start monitoring these things. The number one killer in the United States is coronary artery disease. And the number one cause of coronary artery disease is the meat-centric American diet.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Eh, maybe I'll try the enchirito. Liked them way back when but Roberto's is closer to me than TB. Del Taco is as well.
        I liked them better as well...but alas my new town does not have them. Fond memories.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I used to eat meat in a balanced diet. I wish I had started checking my cholesterol levels at an early age and taken tests to see how much plaque build-up there was in my arteries. It would've saved me a lot of hassle as I got older. If you have a family history of heart disease, it's never too early to start monitoring these things. The number one killer in the United States is coronary artery disease. And the number one cause of coronary artery disease is the meat-centric American diet.
          https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350613

Nope.
          it's a condition called atherosclerosis. A condition in which the arteries are damaged. The controversy is on how they become damaged. Plant based advocates such as yourself with point to the cholesterol build up from meat as the culprit. Meat based advocates like myself with argue it's mainly the seed oils found in essentially every food that ISN'T meat.
          grains, vegetables and fruits to a lesser degree are harmful to a carnivorous digestive system which is precisely what humans have evolved to. Natural people such as the Intuits and Massi tribe have thrived for thousands of years on an exclusively meat, cooked but mostly raw. Blood, organs are prioritized. The cholesterol builds up because the body is sending its more valuable resource (cholesterol) to fix the damaged in the arteries. Cholesterol is what most of your brain is made of and a scarce resource in the wild, only found in animals. There has never been a natural civilization who has ever survived off plants alone, none, not 1. While every surviving culture has had access to meat and cholesterol. The ones that didn't have much, grow very small, weak and were peasants. Rice and beans based cultures (I'm from both FYI). even vegans today are using supplements in their insufficient diets.

Edit: we agree that the american diet is horrible, but it's hardly meat centric. Simply look at the standard food pyramid. Most meals are grain (plant) based. With man made, oxalate filled vegetables with sauces made up of indigestible seed oils.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350613

Nope.
            it's a condition called atherosclerosis. A condition in which the arteries are damaged. The controversy is on how they become damaged. Plant based advocates such as yourself with point to the cholesterol build up from meat as the culprit. Meat based advocates like myself with argue it's mainly the seed oils found in essentially every food that ISN'T meat.
            grains, vegetables and fruits to a lesser degree are harmful to a carnivorous digestive system which is precisely what humans have evolved to. Natural people such as the Intuits and Massi tribe have thrived for thousands of years on an exclusively meat, cooked but mostly raw. Blood, organs are prioritized. The cholesterol builds up because the body is sending its more valuable resource (cholesterol) to fix the damaged in the arteries. Cholesterol is what most of your brain is made of and a scarce resource in the wild, only found in animals. There has never been a natural civilization who has ever survived off plants alone, none, not 1. While every surviving culture has had access to meat and cholesterol. The ones that didn't have much, grow very small, weak and were peasants. Rice and beans based cultures (I'm from both FYI). even vegans today are using supplements in their insufficient diets.

Edit: we agree that the american diet is horrible, but it's hardly meat centric. Simply look at the standard food pyramid. Most meals are grain (plant) based. With man made, oxalate filled vegetables with sauces made up of indigestible seed oils.
            CAD is atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries. And it kills more Americans than anything else. These are undisputed facts.

As for the link between meat consumption and atherosclerosis, well the studies are pretty clear about that. The danger becomes particularly acute as we age. https://newsroom.heart.org/news/incr...e-to-digestion

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Left handed but golf right handed.

Ambidextrous throwing and batting.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Right handed however my son and wife are lefties and it really helped my son in baseball as left handed pitchers that throw strikes usually make the team. I can hit pretty good from the left side although it’s been awhile and it’s a completely different stance and swing compared to the right side.

We have a black cat with at least thirty confirmed kills and I stopped burying them.

On my fifth black lab and he is the best one yet.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

CAD is atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries. And it kills more Americans than anything else. These are undisputed facts.

As for the link between meat consumption and atherosclerosis, well the studies are pretty clear about that. The danger becomes particularly acute as we age. https://newsroom.heart.org/news/incr...e-to-digestion

Far from undisputed.
                  We can swap studies all day long, but it's futile, I've been down this road many times before, so has anyone who had debated any issue online through social media.

the only reason I replied is because bad information should never go unchallenged.
                  Velo, I appreciate you, your general story as I understand it and your genuinely good motive behind your plant based promoting posts, but they are harmful to any impressionable reader/lurker.
                  I just want to encourage any reader of these OT/nonCharger related posts to please don their own research, keep an open mind and incorporate a historical and evolutionary context to the matter before they start eating leaves for 20 years and do serious damage to their bodies.
                  Dr. Shawn Baker is a leader in the Meat Heals movement and a good resource for those interested in at least understanding the otherside of the plantbased propaganda which is made up of flawed studies, bad science and a long history of corrupt business between government and certain food industries.
                  I've at least immersed myself in the vegan/plant based perspective, for several years frankly, can you say the same for the Carnivore/animal based perspective? I suspect not.
                  Out of respect for TPB, I'll leave this as my last OT post.

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Bolt-O commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks... I agree that this is not the place to discuss diets, as we do have the off topic forum for that.
                • dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  When in doubt, the answers are always provided by Taco Bell.

Their soft tacos are made with flour tortillas.

Yo quiero Taco Bell.
                  Famous Chihuahua
                  I was going to tell Quack that

a) Taco Bell does make tacos with flour
                  b) nobody should make tacos with flour
                  c) nobody should eat Taco Bell in SoCal. just go to Jack in Box where you belong.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I was going to tell Quack that

a) Taco Bell does make tacos with flour
                    b) nobody should make tacos with flour
                    c) nobody should eat Taco Bell in SoCal. just go to Jack in Box where you belong.
                    We're in full agreement here. With all of the excellent options you have in SoCal, why would anyone even think of Taco Bell? It's comparable to when I'm in New York and see people go to Pizza Hut or Domino's. Terrible.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

We're in full agreement here. With all of the excellent options you have in SoCal, why would anyone even think of Taco Bell? It's comparable to when I'm in New York and see people go to Pizza Hut or Domino's. Terrible.
                      I'm not a fan of NY pizza.....or Domimos. Though I've actually never had it from being in NY. Just some places claiming to be from NY.

There is a place up the street from me here in Henderson called Johnny Mac's that is very good and he is from Buffalo, NY but his pizza isn't the the style of NYC. It's a sports bar type place and he has sandwiches and wings as well.

I've tried a handful of different places and it just imo, isn't that great. There was one in Poway years ago that was ok. It was called NY Giant pizza.

There was another here in Vegas that flat sucked imo lol.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm not a fan of NY pizza.....or Domimos. Though I've actually never had it from being in NY. Just some places claiming to be from NY.

There is a place up the street from me here in Henderson called Johnny Mac's that is very good and he is from Buffalo, NY but his pizza isn't the the style of NYC. It's a sports bar type place and he has sandwiches and wings as well.

I've tried a handful of different places and it just imo, isn't that great. There was one in Poway years ago that was ok. It was called NY Giant pizza.

There was another here in Vegas that flat sucked imo lol.
                        What I put in bold is your problem. Until you go to New York, the five boroughs (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island), and try it, you haven't had it. People in Buffalo, New York put bleu cheese on their pizza. People in Buffalo, and all of Western New York, are as clueless as Idahoans about pizza. Also, whenever you go to a "pizzeria" outside of New York and the title has "NY" in it, walk away, because that place is scamming you.

Comment

Working...
                        X