• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    I liked him when he pretty much beat the Aztecs single handed in a bowl game.
    Not hard to do anymore. They are agaiin back to being beatable by the likes of Cal Poly.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Not hard to do anymore. They are agaiin back to being beatable by the likes of Cal Poly.
      They have no business playing someone like Ohio State but they did pocket a million dollars doing so. Losing their home opener to Eastern Illinois is embarrassing. I don't really follow their football team but I'm not a fan of Rocky Long. I'm more a fan of their basketball program. But I did try to watch the game yesterday. Their secondary looks terrible but overall the defense I don't think was a bad as the score. The offense did nothing to keep them off the field and they got worn down pretty quickly.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

SDSU vs UNLV wil lbe the battle of the truly awfuls. Brady Hoke was good for that program but they sucked ass prior to him and are going to suck ass afterwards.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Lay off my Aztecs. We'll make a comeback later this year.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            SDSU vs UNLV wil lbe the battle of the truly awfuls. Brady Hoke was good for that program but they sucked ass prior to him and are going to suck ass afterwards.
            Unfortunately the way the rules are for Cal State universities they are limited in how much they can pay coaches. They generally have to go outside the school to try to get extra income to their coaches. In Div 1 college football you really do have the haves and the have-nots and there really isn't a mechanism in place to rise into the haves.

Comment

• Buck
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I was thinking today that we need to bench Vincent Brown and I was wondering if Green or Tutu would be the better replacement for a starter. What I saw from Green on yesterday's run and catches, there is no way he shouldn't always be on the field. This guy is a beast. He can be our version of Jimmy Graham.

Can he play wideout? We need to get him out there, or run more 2 TE packages with Gates split out like he does a lot.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Chargers have been working Green in more and more. They designed plays intended to free him up. That is why he always appears so open. He is extremely talented -- terrific hands, really fast for a TE, huge target. He still needs to learn (that pass that was almost an INT in the end zone was more his fault than Rivers) but at this point, the learning is best done on the field.

Not sure he would be an effective WR. He provides much more value and will have a lot more opportunities and cause more problems for the defense as a TE.

Very humble, grounded young man. It is nice to hear and so rare for these super atheletes in the NFL. Watch his locker room interview.

This is one player Den60 was right about!

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Mr. Ray Dehaiter
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Gates has been looking DONE lately....not saying he can't be a productive TE in his twilight years, ala Tony Gonzalez...but he looks far from the dominant force he was in his heyday.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

No player generally looks dominant when he's being doubled on every play. They even showed it during the broadcast how they were using bracket coverage vs Gates all game. He's still making a huge impact even if he's not getting the ball.

As some of you likely noticed, they started rolling a safety over the top of Allen for most of the second half which opened it up for other players.

Rivers as we've seen all year takes what the defense gives him. The key is having those players that can exploit those 1 on 1 matchups. Which brings us back to Vincent Brown. A player that can't beat 1 on 1 coverage consistently.
                    Last edited by Beerman; 11-25-2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I'm not seeing the "Gates is done" player that some others see.

In fact he looks better than he has in a few years
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Wow, I havent totally agreed with OIP in a while...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          I'm not seeing the "Gates is done" player that some others see.

In fact he looks better than he has in a few years
                          Absolutely. He's been an absolute stud out there. But I guess being second in the league at your position is just not good enough!
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X