Clear All
  • Blue Thunder
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Arlington, TX
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    I was a WR and a CB.
    As a CB, I have a TD on an INT (70 yards).
    Do I make the team ?
    Yep! I put you down as a CB.

Any other former "gridiron greats" out there? If so, let us know!

Comment

• PackerNation
      Banned
      • Jun 2023
      • Send PM

I played TE in college. I am not going to post what school I played for, because I don't trust anyone here with even the slightest personal information about me. I even debated whether to divulge that TE was my position group in college.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Arlington, TX
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post
        I played TE in college. I am not going to post what school I played for, because I don't trust anyone here with even the slightest personal information about me. I even debated whether to divulge that TE was my position group in college.
        No worries and no questions. Still very cool to know even that much. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post
          That must have been a fascinating inner monologue.
          What is paranoia? Do I have Paranoid Personality Disorder? - Acenda

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I was a DE in HS and on an Army rec team. A block on the knee of my plant foot put an end to that shit. I had the meniscus removed, a couple clean ups over the years and ultimately a knee replacement. Fun while it lasted!
            I was never college - NFL sized. 6-0, 215 at my largest. Quick feet and strong hands was my best trick. And then it wasn't No complaints . I just miss it..

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

I played OT and DE in high school.

And then played OG at Grossmont College (with a short stint at NT/DT).
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I played LB in pop warner. One exhibition game with an out of town team i played DE just for something different, that was fun too. One time in practice my coach called me over "I hear you can throw the ball". He had me throw a half dozen short outs and slants and said "yeah, thanks". never brought it up again lol.

I didn't play at HS, I arrived at HS in latter 70s and there was massive jock/anti-jock divide - like the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High - we had the jocks, the stoner/rockers and the surfers. I was part rocker / part surfer, no comment on the stoner part. So I was on the other side of jock with all of my hooligan friends. Since I had played baseball and football from 8 til 14, I was ready for a break anyway. to just party and chase girls.

My senior year I decided to play volleyball, it was completely separate from the jock group and "sanctioned" by the surfers and er rockers as all of us hooligans were hard-core beach bums. I was taller than average. 6'3" and was a good hitter, not a great setter for 6man - thats fine as 6man competitive teams have assignments and we had two great setters. My job was to spike and block. We came in third in CIF, lost the semi to the champ then wiped out the other runnerup. I also played a ton of 2 man with a subset of friends that were really good, I never would play 6 man jungle ball beach slop games - i'd just sit that out and say no thx. just too ragged after you're used to competitive 6 man court ball. I was playin 3 hours a day 5 days a week, I didn't need extra pickup games lol.

Really wish i'd passed thru in a different time and played HS football. I'd never be a star but I could play a position, probably LB. I had reasonable size, quickness, strength, attention to assignment discipline that would get me by. Once I got to college, athletes there completely outclassed me. Volleyball players were all 6'6"+ and could jump 2 feet higher than me. Forget about football, i was slow for college standards and not nearly big enough to play a slow position. so I turned to music, started playing in rock bands and now I'm a huge rock star.

oh wait, no - i'm not. i do play live though, even still, for kicks lol. ​
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• pigskin
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Southern Oregon
                  • Send PM

Played FS and Back up QB in High School, FS in College, and now have coached HS Football for the past 20+ years. (Coached pop warner before that)

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

never played gridiron (born in AUS)

I did play Rugby, and lots of it. At my peak I was playing 4 games per week: High school team, Town team, Country Area representative and School rep rugby. To get into rep rugby you have to be selected. I played Front Row and Lock. (6'2" 255LB) No idea what position to play gridiron, maybe LB or TE. I loved to hit and rarely got hit hard, just had an uncanny ability to slide off big hits and keep running. Sounds like a TE to me.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Now I kinda want to gather and play a game against that troll PackerNation and whatever other 51 cheeseheads he can find.
                      ohh yyyya. LFG TPB!
                      P1. Block Destruction
                      P2. Shocking Effort
                      P3. Ball Disruption
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

Working...
                      X