1972 Dolphins - Can somebody please go undefeated?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Savage Lizard
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Big Bear
    • Self-employed property manager.
    • Send PM

Great post Screeme, completely agree. It's not like you're signing off on the President's agenda by going, just go for the honor.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
      Great post Screeme, completely agree. It's not like you're signing off on the President's agenda by going, just go for the honor.
      But some don't see it as an honor. I get that side, too. But all things being equal, I say you go and if you have a political issue with the current WH inhabitant then there's probably your one opportunity to let the guy know your thoughts.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Going to the White House is about acknowledging the position of president , not the person, and the acheivement of the recipiant.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

I'm getting into this one to say I'm not getting into this one....

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
            Fuck that bitter old fuck. I get so sick of his soundbite whining about Winslow. Fuck him in his stupid fucking ass!
            Exactly why I say he's an insufferable asshole.

Comment

• cyberbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
              About 10 years ago, my mom (an artist) painted an ornament that went onto the White House Christmas Tree and got an invite for a special MVP White House Luncheon with Laura Bush. My mom was decidedly NOT a W fan. However, considered the invite to be a greater honor and once in a lifetime experience not to be turned down, despite the politics of who is involved.

They're not being asked to provide insight or there for any political reason. It's a celebration of your contribution to American culture and really should be viewed as such. These guys need to get over themselves and enjoy a rare experience.

(Sidenote- my mom didn't end up going, but it was for health reasons. She had surgery scheduled for shortly before the event was to take place.)
              Agreed. Great post.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm ok with it. I respect people who are principled and stick to their principles, even if I might not agree with them.

The larger issue to me is why in a world of true heroes - firemen, soldiers, police, teachers, countless other ordinary people who do extraordinary things for their fellow man - we would want to offer this honor to football players for winning a lot of games. Or actors for acting well in a film. That is what is upside down. And this President, more than any other I can remember (except maybe JFK), seems to crave interaction with famous people.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                  THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                  Generous Donor
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm ok w/the '72 Dolphins holding down that record. Who else, besides the Chargers, do we want to take their place? think about that for a minute.

Thank god the Pats* didn't win the SB when they went 16-0...talk about insufferable. The sports media still acts like they win the SB every year, even though they were recently workin on a pretty good playoff winless streak ('08-10) and haven't won it all since '04.
                  NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

Exactly my thoughts. Only Chargers. An undefeated season has to be equal to at least 2 Championships based on the bragging rights you get. Happy pats didnt do it even if it was Eli who beat them.
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                      THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                      Generous Donor
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                      Exactly my thoughts. Only Chargers. An undefeated season has to be equal to at least 2 Championships based on the bragging rights you get. Happy pats didnt do it even if it was Eli who beat them.
                      I've never yelled louder at a TV set for a non-Chargers game than I did for Eli in that SB. White hot hatred for that Pats team.
                      NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        The larger issue to me is why in a world of true heroes - firemen, soldiers, police, teachers, countless other ordinary people who do extraordinary things for their fellow man - we would want to offer this honor to football players for winning a lot of games. Or actors for acting well in a film. That is what is upside down.
                        +1. That was the other point of this thread. Doesn't the leader of the free world have more important things to do?
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
                          I've never yelled louder at a TV set for a non-Chargers game than I did for Eli in that SB. White hot hatred for that Pats team.
                          Yes, that was the biggest moral dilemma of my life. Eli or Patriots? No good choice.
                          Prediction:
                          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                          X