Clear All
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Man i think there will be some monster DTs in the 2nd.
    I think there will, too. But I think there will some very good DL talent in the 3rd. I'd rather we took the best guard/center in the second. The inside of the OL is where we're the weakest, and we don't really have anyone in wings if one of our starters goes down. The rook could possibly start at C, but I think Wat will be the starter due to knowledge of the playbook and line calls. If Wat gets hurt again, then the rook could step in with better knowledge of the offense.

Get that DL in the 3rd or go TE at that point. I think with Bosa, our DL looks pretty good. I think we tend to forget the job that Philon did last year and with a year of experience and weight training under his belt, he could add a lot to our DL. I also haven't given up on Palepoi. Also, Lissemore at DE on run downs is not a bad player. I thought he was a tad light at NT, but he's a smart player that knows how to stick to his assignments, and he can do a lot to shut the run game from the DE position. Run Liuget out there for pass downs, since he tends to just want to run upfield anyway. Bosa on one side and Lissemore on the other on run downs could do a lot for our run D. A fresh Liuget for pass downs could be a lot of fun.

Therefore, I don't see us doing a lot more with the DL in the early rounds, but a lot more with OL and TE in the next three rounds.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Shit, at this point trust your board.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
        I think there will, too. But I think there will some very good DL talent in the 3rd. I'd rather we took the best guard/center in the second. The inside of the OL is where we're the weakest, and we don't really have anyone in wings if one of our starters goes down. The rook could possibly start at C, but I think Wat will be the starter due to knowledge of the playbook and line calls. If Wat gets hurt again, then the rook could step in with better knowledge of the offense.

Get that DL in the 3rd or go TE at that point. I think with Bosa, our DL looks pretty good. I think we tend to forget the job that Philon did last year and with a year of experience and weight training under his belt, he could add a lot to our DL. I also haven't given up on Palepoi. Also, Lissemore at DE on run downs is not a bad player. I thought he was a tad light at NT, but he's a smart player that knows how to stick to his assignments, and he can do a lot to shut the run game from the DE position. Run Liuget out there for pass downs, since he tends to just want to run upfield anyway. Bosa on one side and Lissemore on the other on run downs could do a lot for our run D. A fresh Liuget for pass downs could be a lot of fun.

Therefore, I don't see us doing a lot more with the DL in the early rounds, but a lot more with OL and TE in the next three rounds.
        I agree that the middle of the OL is a need. But im a BPA guy. And i would not hesitate to put a guy like Robinson and Bosa on the DL.

Comment

Working...
        X