• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

What's there to go on about? They want more money when they actually get paid more than the men per their sports market cap.

They are malcontents that half the team kneels for the National Anthem and that's the very country that writes their paychecks. Go try protesting your employer for unfair salary and let us know how it goes. I just hate these pro athletes crying about being a multimillionaire isn't enough.
    "per their sports market cap" - is that the monetary equivalent to "pound for pound" disclaimer to try and explain how less is really more? lol. I have no idea what they get paid, i assume its not much since not many people watch. US Soccer players don't make alot either because of the same problem, Mens US pro soccer isn't good. Go to Europe to get rich as a male soccer player.

I didn't see a single player kneel for the anthem before the last game they played v Vietnam. I only know this because of a ridiculously fast social media attack because they did not all sing the national anthem. Suddenly video of them not singing appeared everywhere. I sat back and just thought to myself "huh, wow, i'm not a god-fearing red blooded America-loving patriot anymore???" because I almost never sing along either at sporting events. Most players in all sports don't sing along. it was a really stupid attack on them imo, and I'm renowned for stupid attacks. just ask jam or lefty

I thought if I asked for elaboration, you'd realize it was sexist and stop. Doesn't appear you will. So, ... tell me more about these whining disgraceful malcontented women ... I'm all ears.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

"per their sports market cap" - is that the monetary equivalent to "pound for pound" disclaimer to try and explain how less is really more? lol. I have no idea what they get paid, i assume its not much since not many people watch. US Soccer players don't make alot either because of the same problem, Mens US pro soccer isn't good. Go to Europe to get rich as a male soccer player.

I didn't see a single player kneel for the anthem before the last game they played v Vietnam. I only know this because of a ridiculously fast social media attack because they did not all sing the national anthem. Suddenly video of them not singing appeared everywhere. I sat back and just thought to myself "huh, wow, i'm not a god-fearing red blooded America-loving patriot anymore???" because I almost never sing along either at sporting events. Most players in all sports don't sing along. it was a really stupid attack on them imo, and I'm renowned for stupid attacks. just ask jam or lefty

I thought if I asked for elaboration, you'd realize it was sexist and stop. Doesn't appear you will. So, ... tell me more about these whining disgraceful malcontented women ... I'm all ears.
      It has ZERO to do about being sexist. That is hilarious. LOL smh.

I really wish you would have caught the irony I was making. NFL RB's are no better than whiney women athletes. But in todays hypersensitive world that is now considered a sexually charged statement.? Nope I won't fall into that way of thinking ever.... I know what I wrote. It wasn't sexist in any way. I was comparing 2 genders.
      Just stop.
      Woke police on this forum? Ok

Officer I apologise and I will never mention a women in a negative light again from this point forward. Please let me off with a warning your wokeness....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

It has ZERO to do about being sexist. That is hilarious. LOL smh.

I really wish you would have caught the irony I was making. NFL RB's are no better than whiney women athletes. But in todays hypersensitive world that is now considered a sexually charged statement.? Nope I won't fall into that way of thinking ever.... I know what I wrote. It wasn't sexist in any way. I was comparing 2 genders.
        Just stop.
        Woke police on this forum? Ok

Officer I apologise and I will never mention a women in a negative light again from this point forward. Please let me off with a warning your wokeness....
        Nah, I’m not woke. I just don’t gratuitously drag women soccer players into the pit for no fucking reason, wtf did they ever do to you? They didn’t kneel before their game this week, thats for sure as I saw it. Your apology lacks conviction, not that I care. You just be you, I’ll note it when it humors me.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Nah, I’m not woke. I just don’t gratuitously drag women soccer players into the pit for no fucking reason, wtf did they ever do to you? They didn’t kneel before their game this week, thats for sure as I saw it. Your apology lacks conviction, not that I care. You just be you, I’ll note it when it humors me.
          There totally was and is a reason. Some athletes are pathetic, and don't realize what they have and how many would truly give anything to be in their position. They would understand and respect the honor to be there.
          A. Women's world cup tourny is underway. So it's kind of on my mind. There's your correlation.
          B. They talked about certain players and their bad mouthing everything American.
          C. I have family that are currently in the military. Others that fought and died on the battlefield. You disrespect my country that I love and am loyal to then I have a problem with that person.
          D. They also spoke about how unhappy they are. Such a rough life travelling the world all expenses paid to play a game on America's dime. The outright horror they must endure.

My apology lacked conviction because it wasn't sincere. I have nothing to apologize for. When I do, I will.

Comment

• pigskin
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Southern Oregon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You can say its a free market - you'd just be wrong.
            From the perspective of a player:

1. You are drafted and do not choose the team for which you play.
            2. Your original contract is pretty much automatically set in dollar amount and years.
            3. After your initial contract is up, your team has the option to franchise tag you, barring you from negotiating with other teams
            and giving them leverage when you attempt to renegotiate with them.
            4. Once you actually test your 'market' value, the salary cap restricts the number of teams that will compete for your services.

Once again, the cap artificially reduces your value in a free market. It does so by minimizing competition for your services.
            That is antithetical to any notion of 'free' market value - one not subject to artificially imposed restrictions on economic activity.
            This is what the players union accepted, the players themselves voted for this. I'm not following you here?

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post

This is what the players union accepted, the players themselves voted for this. I'm not following you here?
              Good point...if the players don't like the CBA as is, they need to negotiate a better deal...not whine about how they're underpaid...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

There totally was and is a reason. Some athletes are pathetic, and don't realize what they have and how many would truly give anything to be in their position. They would understand and respect the honor to be there.
                A. Women's world cup tourny is underway. So it's kind of on my mind. There's your correlation.
                B. They talked about certain players and their bad mouthing everything American.
                C. I have family that are currently in the military. Others that fought and died on the battlefield. You disrespect my country that I love and am loyal to then I have a problem with that person.
                D. They also spoke about how unhappy they are. Such a rough life travelling the world all expenses paid to play a game on America's dime. The outright horror they must endure.

My apology lacked conviction because it wasn't sincere. I have nothing to apologize for. When I do, I will.
                Ok bro. I’m not going to debate your singular bashing of just the US Women’s team because they haven’t met your standards. Not impressed with your once-removed ancillary relations to service members. I have alot of family members who served too. You’re not special.

There are certain players on every team in every sport, bro. Certainly the NFL, NBA, and MLB. You got issues with women, yeah - ok.

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

the reality is that the game has changed and RB's burn out fast (Zeke in Dallas). my suggestion to the RB's would be this: less bitching and more ideas.

1. Propose some type of modification to the franchise tag for RB's or a general change to the tag, since I don't think it is fair to single out the RB position.
                  2. Propose some changes to the passing rules to make defenses able to defend better, which would bring back the value of the running game.

this reminds me of "occupy wall street" - when people were protesting against rich people. Ok, so do you want to change the tax laws for rich people? what is your idea?

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Ok bro. I’m not going to debate your singular bashing of just the US Women’s team because they haven’t met your standards. Not impressed with your once-removed ancillary relations to service members. I have alot of family members who served too. You’re not special.
                    Never said I was special. And if you're not impressed well... Neat. And I could care less.

I am fiercely loyal to America, I have no shame in that. I am proud to be American. I know my family is proud. No matter what you say or how you belittle me it won't change my opinion, and it certainly won't change my disgust for idiot athletes/people, celebrities that truly believe they are better than the rest of us. They sew the seeds of hate and discontent through their influence when they are so far removed from reality. It's sickening.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ok, the behavior of the USWNT has nothing to do with football and is off topic. I may go back and cull the posts regarding that.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Kneeling is a peaceful protest, just ask kapernick. Ask him how it worked out for him!?! Fire all of them. No one says they have to live in this country
                        I think Kapernick, if he ever gets signed, and hopefully it is the Raiders after Grappaloaf flames out, should take his protest on the field. When the ball is snapped to him, he should take a knee every time to remind us of his dedication to peaceful protest.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
                          the reality is that the game has changed and RB's burn out fast (Zeke in Dallas). my suggestion to the RB's would be this: less bitching and more ideas.

1. Propose some type of modification to the franchise tag for RB's or a general change to the tag, since I don't think it is fair to single out the RB position.
                          Terrific idea. Sort of like how what used to be DEs and OLBs are now referred to as Edge players. I hope Ekeler reads your post Northerner.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X