Jaylon Smith-Do you burn a mid-round pick if he is there?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

So Chao is dispensing diagnosis's on patients he's never examined personally, nice. What a dirtbag. Wonder if he was sober or on one of his own scripts. Article today quotes Smiths physician ( Cowboys team dr) as saying the repair of the knee is fine and it's wait and see on the Peroneal but it is progressing. Wonder what Dr Oz thinks
      Last edited by chargerkdb; 04-26-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
        So Chao is dispensing diagnosis's on patients he's never examined personally, nice. What a dirtbag. Wonder if he was sober or on one of his own scripts. Article today quotes Smiths physician ( Cowboys team dr) as saying the repair of the knee is fine and it's wait and see on the Peroneal but it is progressing. Wonder what Dr Oz thinks
        You would think this douchenozzle would STFU and go away. But no
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

He was on 1090 today and made a point to say he never examined any players (the blurb I posted was part of an article about several players with potential medical flags) or talked to their doctors about their conditions because he would then not be able to say anything about them. He is far from the only one with concerns about his knee.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

He is seriously injured that isn't in question. Some teams will immediately take him off the board and I'm sure some will be willing to roll the dice. The bottom line is they will have looked at the knee and looked at all the radiography before they make a deciscion.

Why did it take pressure from the players union to get rid of Chao? Two DUIs, investigation from DEA for writing himself over 100 scripts, lost surgical rights in two hospitals and dozens of lawsuits against him. I really don't understand how Spanos kept him around so long.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

He is seriously injured that isn't in question. Some teams will immediately take him off the board and I'm sure some will be willing to roll the dice. The bottom line is they will have looked at the knee and looked at all the radiography before they make a deciscion.

Why did it take pressure from the players union to get rid of Chao? Two DUIs, investigation from DEA for writing himself over 100 scripts, lost surgical rights in two hospitals and dozens of lawsuits against him. I really don't understand how Spanos kept him around so long.
              I've never met the guy and he clearly has issues, but there are a lot of former Charger players who swear by him and a lot of college soccer players that also swear by him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

At the petition kickoff, he was in the 'vip' area, so he still has 'ins' with the organization. Some people manage to hang around, even though they get are 'disassociated' from the Chargers.

Chao can easily talk about this field of expertise, even if he might be shady or possibly incompetent. He's not treating those players he sees in the videos, so he's free to speculate with a trained eye.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  At the petition kickoff, he was in the 'vip' area, so he still has 'ins' with the organization. Some people manage to hang around, even though they get are 'disassociated' from the Chargers.

Chao can easily talk about this field of expertise, even if he might be shady or possibly incompetent. He's not treating those players he sees in the videos, so he's free to speculate with a trained eye.
                  He left Chargers because of back problems and wanting to spend more time with his family, so he said. The NFLPA wanted him fired and the Chargers blew them off. There may be players who liked him but their union wanted nothing to do with him.
                  I find doctors making a prognosis on someone they've never examined, for profit, a bit sketchy. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Well, people better get used to getting diagnosed by someone that isn't physically present, or even by a computer, unfortunately.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Because he not only worked as team physician for no fee, but paid several thousand dollars a year for the opportunity.
                      Do you honestly think Spanos gives a flying fuck about the health of his players?
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I'm not a neurologist but I'm pretty sure you can't make a prognosis on a nerve injury with at least a 9 month recovery time by watching a video 2-3 months post surgery. The only thing it tells you is that the nerve you expect to still be damaged is in fact still damaged.

I've had several nerves damaged in both arms, both legs and neck, they are slow to heal and it is very much a wait and see approach. It will take a team showing a lot of faith to take him with this type injury. I'm sure at least half the teams have removed him from the board.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I don't want to waste a pick on him. This team needs too much.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X