How are we not doing a Coryell throwback uniform this season???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

I like the current royal blue uniform. They are awesome.

I don't think the current navy is bad. I just don't like that we lose in them and they seem like bad luck.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
      I personally want us to bring these back.

image.png​ image.png​

But it would be nice to have both the navy blues of Seau's and Tomlinson's prime years and the Coryell royal blues as alternates over the alternates we have now. I really can't stand the current navy blue and royal blue alternates with the white helmets. I think they both look ridiculous.
      Correct. Scrap the current alternates and bring in the Coryells and the Seaus to replace them.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        I fell in love with that team in 1979 !
        I became a fan mid way thru the previous year I think Coryell had just taken over the team, there was a lot of excitement at school I remember hearing other kids and even teachers talking about the team...those uniforms are really special to me, BUT the current powder blues which combined the 70-80s yellow face mask and the 60s colors are still my overall favorites, then the royal blue with the yellow facemarks are like 1b to the new unis...the original powder blues with the grey facemark and black numbers are #3, then the dark navy blue era uniforms from the 90s and early 2000s with the white lightning bolt, the uniforms that they whore up until 2019 are probably last on my list because of the shoulder design on the jersey, I never liked that sideways look on the jersey lightning bolts...

To me the current version of their uniform combines all the best elements of the lightning bolts on the shoulder AND the side of the pants and is sleeker and cleaner with the yellow mask and the matching powder blue numbers on the side of the helmet...but just from a nostalgia POV, I would love to see that Fouts era throwback worn every now and again...

Something else that caught my eye was that metallic powder blue helmet with yellow mask that I saw being sold at the pro-shop over there at So-fi, I would love to see them were that helmet on the field with and all white or all powder blue look someday...those helmets look amazing!

I'm talking about this one:
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
          I personally want us to bring these back.

image.png​ image.png​

But it would be nice to have both the navy blues of Seau's and Tomlinson's prime years and the Coryell royal blues as alternates over the alternates we have now. I really can't stand the current navy blue and royal blue alternates with the white helmets. I think they both look ridiculous.
          That's the original colors. Powder blue and white helmets. Only reason we went to Navy is because Alex Spanos didn't like the PB. Got changed when he died.

Navys were ok but much prefer the current though i think the 60's unis are still better. Blue helmets were meh. I guess it depends on the era you became a fan. Coryell era was royal blue.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I became a fan mid way thru the previous year I think Coryell had just taken over the team, there was a lot of excitement at school I remember hearing other kids and even teachers talking about the team...those uniforms are really special to me, BUT the current powder blues which combined the 70-80s yellow face mask and the 60s colors are still my overall favorites, then the royal blue with the yellow facemarks are like 1b to the new unis...the original powder blues with the grey facemark and black numbers are #3, then the dark navy blue era uniforms from the 90s and early 2000s with the white lightning bolt, the uniforms that they whore up until 2019 are probably last on my list because of the shoulder design on the jersey, I never liked that sideways look on the jersey lightning bolts...

To me the current version of their uniform combines all the best elements of the lightning bolts on the shoulder AND the side of the pants and is sleeker and cleaner with the yellow mask and the matching powder blue numbers on the side of the helmet...but just from a nostalgia POV, I would love to see that Fouts era throwback worn every now and again...

Something else that caught my eye was that metallic powder blue helmet with yellow mask that I saw being sold at the pro-shop over there at So-fi, I would love to see them were that helmet on the field with and all white or all powder blue look someday...those helmets look amazing!

I'm talking about this one:
            https://shop.chargers.com/austin-eke...526-2207857556
            Not bad but they should only wear those on road games with the white.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's the original colors. Powder blue and white helmets. Only reason we went to Navy is because Alex Spanos didn't like the PB. Got changed when he died.

Navys were ok but much prefer the current though i think the 60's unis are still better. Blue helmets were meh. I guess it depends on the era you became a fan. Coryell era was royal blue.
              I have no issue with the powder blues with the white helmet. I can't stand the current navy and royal blues with white helmet. I love the navy blue helmet of 1988 through 2006.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

And now they are finally retiring Joiner and Winslow's 18 & 80... What a waste of an opportunity to not be wearing those uniforms for that...

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                  And now they are finally retiring Joiner and Winslow's 18 & 80... What a waste of an opportunity to not be wearing those uniforms for that...
                  even worse, you are right.

Comment

Working...
                  X