• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

I think there is more at play as well. I don't think Team Bosa thinks Chargers are a good fit and they want an "out". The fact they haven't made any concessions tells me they've always intended this to be a bitter holdout. His mom was right, they should have pulled an Eli.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      Saw that, lol. I'm down to be bullied for an offer of 14MM this year and 3MM in March. SDFan and his words manifesto come to mind. Bullying.
      Yeah, Bosa has brought this on himself.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

350K in interest on 10MM in two months (lets assume no taxes)? Who's paying over 20% interest! Share!
        20% of 10m is 2 mil. 3.5% of 10m is 350k. 3.5% is was the DJIA has indexed since he walked away from it in June.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

If I recall correctly, 2 got 96% up front and 4 got 66%, Bosa can ask for 95.9% if he wants to, but 85% should have done the trick and is good compromise. 85% is a real offer, the 58% was a joke as was the 100% Bosa insisted on.
          9% is only $1.53M. He's holding out for that?

Put me in the non-financial motives camp at this point. It's illogical.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
            20% of 10m is 2 mil. 3.5% of 10m is 350k. 3.5% is was the DJIA has indexed since he walked away from it in June.
            You said interest, not investing in stocks. 350K in two months is over 20% interest, would be 2.1MM annualized.
            Last edited by sandiego17; 08-24-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
              9% is only $1.53M. He's holding out for that?

Put me in the non-financial motives camp at this point. It's illogical.
              Doesn't make sense to me unless he and his agent hate money. Nah. He signs this week, I'm going with Friday!

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

You said interest, not investing in stocks.
                I don't think he'd be dumb enough to put it in a checking account. Although, I may be wrong on this. 10m delayed is lost money

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I think Bosa may have a mental issue. And his parents at this point may feel like that damage is done in Diego. Its possible this created a break in him psychologically and they are keeping it quiet. His mom all but states he has issues socially in one of her interviews. She even sugar coats it saying hes just shy. But i think he may go to a dark place emotionally and only they see it. They could feel like him going into the draft next year and starting over....despite the money...is whats best for him psychologically.

He probably has a severe underlying mental disorder. I wonder what his meds are? Isnt he supposed to disclose this stuff before being drafted?

Just a reach by me. But i cant make any sense of it. Its more than money at this point.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    And for a completely different take, the Chargers are "bullying" Bosa...

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...bosa-in-public
                    Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 08-24-2016, 03:00 PM.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Doesn't make sense to me unless he and his agent hate money. Nah. He signs this week, I'm going with Friday!
                      Maybe he's waiting for something to "pass" in his system?

Maybe his mom or dad doesn't like the organization for some mysterious reason like Eli's daddy.

After that I got nothing. The difference, even if the Bozos wanted 100% still is close enough at this point especially if the Chargers hold fast about decreasing their offer as time goes by.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        I think Bosa may have a mental issue. And his parents at this point may feel like that damage is done in Diego. Its possible this created a break in him psychologically and they are keeping it quiet. His mom all but states he has issues socially in one of her interviews. She even sugar coats it saying hes just shy. But i think he may go to a dark place emotionally and only they see it. They could feel like him going into the draft next year and starting over....despite the money...is whats best for him psychologically.

He probably has a severe underlying mental disorder. I wonder what his meds are? Isnt he supposed to disclose this stuff before being drafted?

Just a reach by me. But i cant make any sense of it. Its more than money at this point.
                        Nah, I think it's much more likely he's looking at the short careers of both his father and uncle in the NFL and saying I want as much as I can get right fucking now.
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                          I don't think he'd be dumb enough to put it in a checking account. Although, I may be wrong on this. 10m delayed is lost money
                          Yes it is, but I doubt he would have got 10MM in one payment anyway, its through December and 50% is going to taxes. He's not getting killed financially by holding out, and he's not getting killed financially if he accepts 85% in 2016 and 15% in March. This is stupid and I agree with you at this point, its totally on Bosa.

Comment

Working...
                          X