First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Why is this even being argued?

Spanos is wrong. He's always wrong.

Arguing that Spanos is correct is like trying to point out that Satan is right. The argument begins and splatters in craters of black death and ebola at "He tried to move our team to Los Angeles." If Spanos is involved in an argument, we can correctly assume the guy with the opposing viewpoint is 100% correct.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Bosa's camp is wrong. They want something that every other Charger under contract is not getting. Why should the Chargers give him any special treatment that their franchise QB or future HOF TE will not get?

As pointed out earlier, this is just a play by Condon to make him look useful and relevant. All the rookie holdouts are his clients.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Bosa's camp didn't try to move the Chargers to Los Angeles.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Here is Dean Spanos's thoughts on how to negotiate with agents. In case you're wondering, he's the guy who tried to move our team to Los Angeles.

Plenty of NFL owners and general managers have had issues with agents from time to time, but few go as far in their criticisms as Chargers owner Dean Spanos and General Manager A.J.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

I don't want to derail this thread but yeah, I was also pissed about the whole Carson thing last year but after what's come out about Faulconer's and his henchmen's lies about the MTS busyard and their true intentions, I now don't blame Deano for what he did last year regarding Carson. He (and Fabiani) certainly could have handled it better but I can understand why he didn't want to have anything to do with the political mess here.

But Bosa has nothing to do with LA.

This is about Bosa's camp wanting special treatment (that no other player on the team gets) and about Condon trying to justify his worth.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I don't think speaking about our asshole owner is a derailment of this thread.

I blame Dean Spanos for what he did. I blame him for everything that has to do with the Chargers. He made it clear last year the team doesn't belong to me or you or anybody but him. So, if the Spanos Chargers suck and want to move to L.A., it's all on Spanos. Ain't no mayor, secret henchmen, or sports agent to blame for that. Fuck Spanos.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
                I don't think speaking about our asshole owner is a derailment of this thread.

I blame Dean Spanos for what he did. I blame him for everything that has to do with the Chargers. He made it clear last year the team doesn't belong to me or you or anybody but him. So, if the Spanos Chargers suck and want to move to L.A., it's all on Spanos. Ain't no mayor, secret henchmen, or sports agent to blame for that. Fuck Spanos.
                That's fine, but it has zero to do with the Bosa situation.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                  That's fine, but it has zero to do with the Bosa situation.
                  Bosa is negotiating with Spanos. Given that one guy is a dude I don't know at all and the other the biggest asshole in all of sports, I'm siding with Bosa.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
                    Bosa is negotiating with Spanos. Given that one guy is a dude I don't know at all and the other the biggest asshole in all of sports, I'm siding with Bosa.
                    Let's redo all the other contracts, once we give in to Condon then?

What kind of precedent would they be setting there?

It still has absolutely nothing to do with the stadium or LA.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Let's redo all the other contracts, once we give in to Condon then?

What kind of precedent would they be setting there?

It still has absolutely nothing to do with the stadium or LA.
                      You're not getting it, but I'm happy to keep repeating it.

Spanos is a giant fuckface.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

Bosa's camp is wrong. They want something that every other Charger under contract is not getting. Why should the Chargers give him any special treatment that their franchise QB or future HOF TE will not get?

As pointed out earlier, this is just a play by Condon to make him look useful and relevant. All the rookie holdouts are his clients.
                        His Franchise QB was a holdout on his rookie contract and Gates was a holdout that resulted in a one game suspension. Let the players do their business. Bosa was the 3rd pick and the GM and Coaching staff that brought him in are both likely to be gone by the 3rd year of his contract.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                          His Franchise QB was a holdout on his rookie contract and Gates was a holdout that resulted in a one game suspension. Let the players do their business. Bosa was the 3rd pick and the GM and Coaching staff that brought him in are both likely to be gone by the 3rd year of his contract.
                          Both of those things backfired - Rivers holdout cost him the starting job and resurrected Brees's career. Gates holdout and suspension cost us the Dallas game that year. We went 9-7 and missed the playoffs that year. 10-6 might have got us in. Brees may not have blown out his shoulder (might have sat that last game), and who knows where we'd be at today.

Everything changes when one domino falls differently. I don't normally begrudge a player getting everything he can but in this case Condom is trying to usurp the structure the league and players union collectively bargained for, all in the name of elevating himself. Meanwhile, both Bosa and the Chargers lose out. This totally sucks and if you're a Chargers fan who cares about what they do on the field (let's keep the fact that Spanos is an asshole out of this, it has nothing to do with this fact), then you would be pissed about this development.

Comment

Working...
                          X