• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
      Welcome Bosa.
      I'm glad it wasn't Ramsey, but I hope they can fix the OL from here on.
      ditto. Ramsey is sooo over-rated and has bust written all over him. Glad we didn't reach for the 2nd coming of Quinten Jammer!
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Is a good comparison for him Mark Gastineau?
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
            Is a good comparison for him Mark Gastineau?
            that would be great! settle for Burt Grossman?
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              that would be great! settle for Burt Grossman?
              Maybe something in between. That would be excellent.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

San Diego Chargers ‏@Chargers 9 minutes ago

General Manager Tom Telesco says Joey Bosa can be a disruptive force at defensive end. Was the target for a long time.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Any pics of him holding up the jersey?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Just so we know, so far, I, Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM, working free of charge and relying on my one adviser, Steve, who offers free info, have done the same exact work that highly-paid Tom Telesco and his well-paid scouts have done.
                    Just in case we're wondering who I will be picking for the remainder of the draft, the answer is what-Steve-says, or, if another GM is willing, I will trade the remaining picks for a good offensive line. How would I know who a good lineman is? I'd Google it or I'd just post a thread entitled - "What veteran centers and offensive guards are worth a draft pick?" and then hope that Steve has an answer.
                    Let's see who does better - me, a know-nothing who never even played football beyond 12 years of age (I'm not even qualified to be an armchair GM), or professional GM Tom Telesco.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2 minutes ago

Update: Chargers GM Tom Telesco, not owner Dean Spanos, spent an hour on phone Monday night with Joey Bosa. Obviously liked what he heard.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

For Chargers, Bosa is a system fit

By Tom Krasovic | 4 p.m. Jan. 11, 2016

Between now and the NFL draft in April, the Chargers will get a better feel for the top prospects and what to do with the No. 3 pick.

A top prospect is Joey Bosa, an end who played three seasons for Ohio State.

The fit between Bosa and the Chargers could be thought less than ideal, if you get bogged down in scheme.

Bosa worked in a "4-3" front, and the Chargers like a "3-4" base design.

He's lighter than Bolts norms. A listed 6-foot-5 and 275 pounds, he's 15-25 pounds shy of Chargers ends such as Kendall Reyes (6-4, 300) and Corey Liuget (6-2, 300).

The extra heft is useful for Bolts ends because with only two or three true linemen up front, they draw more double teams than a true 4-3 end.

Bosa's narrow hips may argue against much weight gain, so it's no cinch that he'd add 15-25 pounds as he grows into his body under NFL strength coaches.

For the Chargers, however, I'm confident scheme would be no obstacle to choosing Bosa.

He's such a compelling all-around prospect, it only makes sense that the team would heed the truism that talent drives scheme.

One reason is his excellent handwork, which enabled him to play bigger than his size. He routinely warded off or shucked college blockers who weighed 300 pounds or more.

He was stout against the run, yet also explosive against the run and pass. And it didn't matter where he lined up. He beat tight ends and tackles, guards and centers.

In fact, one situational spot where Bosa succeeded was "3-4" end.

Things can change as the evaluation unfolds. At the NFL Scouting Combine next month, specifics on height and weight will come out.

As a "4-3" left end, Bosa likely profiles best.

But it also seems safe to check the scheme box with Bosa, where the Chargers are concerned.

As a footnote, the Chargers have a personal connection with Bosa. Their quality control coach on defense, Chris Shula, went to the same high school as Bosa in Ft. Lauderdale. Shula is the son of former NFL head coach David Shula and grandson of former Miami Dolphins and NFL Hall of Fame head coach Don Shula.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          2 years in a row i get my guy.
                          We may fire you along with Telesco ;-)
                          Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 04-28-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X