• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Bosa isn't participating in the Minicamp.... disputing the 'offset' language.

Last edited by Bolt-O; 06-14-2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Hope we didn't draft a head case.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Hope we didn't draft a head case.
        I'm sure a 20 year old football player knows absolutely nothing about contract offsets. This is all his agent.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I'm sure a 20 year old football player knows absolutely nothing about contract offsets. This is all his agent.
          I agree. I think his dad probably has a little input to the agent, but the bottom line is Joey just wants to play football.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I was under the impression his parents controlled the show. Could be a long holdout.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

His Mom probably wants new concussion rules written into the CBA.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Faded blues
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2013
                • Send PM

Not good.

Concerned over bonus money if cut.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

This is stupid. Bosa showed the beginnings of an outstanding carer in mini camp. This is not a guy who shows up and you say Uh Oh. This is a guy who looks like a backbone player for the future. You're not cutting the guy for non-performance in a couple of years. So the Bolts should forget the offset language and move on.

Michael Gehlken
                  ‏@sdutGehlken

GM Tom Telesco on Joey Bosa: "The time that he's been here, I've been really impressed with not only his ability but his work ethic
                  ."
                  Last edited by Formula 21; 06-14-2016, 11:42 AM.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Joey Bosa skipping Chargers minicamp over contract dispute
                    9:55 AM PT

Eric D. WilliamsESPN Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego Chargers rookie defensive end Joey Bosa did not report to the first day of the team's mandatory minicamp on Tuesday because of an apparent contract dispute.

The Ohio State product is one of five first-round selections from this year's draft that remain unsigned. Bosa also did not attend Thursday's final day of organized team activities last week.

The Chargers will hold a three-day minicamp that concludes on Thursday. Bosa cannot be fined for missing minicamp because he currently is not under contract.

Bosa is the No. 3 selection overall and first nonquarterback picked in this year's draft, and the main issue appears to be offset language. Bosa's camp wants it left out of his contract, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Offset language allows teams to recapture guaranteed money if a player is released and signs with another team.

Marcus Mariota, the Tennessee Titans' No. 2 overall selection in last year's draft, also had a similar issue with his rookie contract, but the two sides ended up coming to a compromise and getting a deal done just days before training camp began.

After a slow start, coaches and players have raved about the improvement Bosa has made through offseason workouts.

"The progression has gone really well," Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano said. "He's learning every day. There's going to be that rookie learning curve, where it's overload in your mind for these guys in certain things. There's a lot of different defenses and a lot of different calls, but he's getting it. He's picking it up."
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I can see the team's viewpoint here, why not have that language if he signs with another team? Also, if Bosa is the real deal, he has nothing to worry about. With all this holdout and red flags over mommy and daddy dearest, he better be the next coming of Leslie O'Neal or Big Hands Johnson.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        I can see the team's viewpoint here, why not have that language if he signs with another team? Also, if Bosa is the real deal, he has nothing to worry about. With all this holdout and red flags over mommy and daddy dearest, he better be the next coming of Leslie O'Neal or Big Hands Johnson.
                        what? You wouldn't be happy with the next Burt Grossman?
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          what? You wouldn't be happy with the next Burt Grossman?
                          That's who I'm afraid we got.

Comment

Working...
                          X