For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
      The Chargers are lying. I can tell because their lips are moving. This is just their pathetic last-ditch attempt to shame Bosa into taking less than what he's worth.

Congrats, Dean - you've managed to make the Chargers even more dysfunctional than the Browns. Can you please fuck off now and let a real owner take over?
      I've read the bolded a couple of times. What the hell does that mean? His contract is fully guaranteed and now he's slotted between the 2nd and 4th pick. Not sure where the 'worth' comes from, the 'worth' of the pick is defined by the CBA.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Fuck this. Im gonna go take a ride in my 100K car and think about how greedy and spoiled some bitches are.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

The Chargers are lying. I can tell because their lips are moving. This is just their pathetic last-ditch attempt to shame Bosa into taking less than what he's worth.

Congrats, Dean - you've managed to make the Chargers even more dysfunctional than the Browns. Can you please fuck off now and let a real owner take over?
          I've been as critical of the Spanii as anyone, but until there is a rebuttal disputing these facts, Bosa's refusal to take the deal is indefensible.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
            I think angry is more accurate. The Spanii could bring this kid in very easily. They just need to get off their "we have never done this for anyone before" bullshit. I marvel at how the Spanii can hold to their position and negate the one true thing that matters. Getting Bosa in to camp. How many top three picks do they plan on having? This draft policy crap that the Chargers are unwilling to let go of is so stupid and petty when it means your top pick will be missing games in a make or break season for a stadium. They need to let go of being "right" and do what's best for the team, city, and fans. But they are too angry to do that.
            No, they can't bring him in for more up front money than Wentz got. Just like he couldn't accept less up front than Elliot got. If 85% is accurate, this is now all on Bosa.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
              No, they can't bring him in for more up front money than Wentz got. Just like he couldn't accept less up front than Elliot got. If 85% is accurate, this is now all on Bosa.
              They can let go of the offset and deferment of money. But they've never done that before!
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

They can let go of the offset and deferment of money. But they've never done that before!
                The Rams and Jaguars are the only 2 teams in the league that don't do offsets.

Comment

• FiftyFive
                  Dean Spanos is a traitor!
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                  I've been as critical of the Spanii as anyone, but until there is a rebuttal disputing these facts, Bosa's refusal to take the deal is indefensible.
                  It's easily defensible. The Chargers are making a huge scene, stomping their feet, and hoping nobody notices that their "best offer" still doesn't involve paying the whole bonus upfront like Bosa has been asking for the entire time. The Chargers gave a non-serious offer, probably for the sole purpose of giving themselves an excuse to publicly humiliate Bosa when it was inevitably turned down. They're acting like children, and they're in the wrong here.

What I want to know is why the Chargers can't pay the whole bonus upfront. I don't want to hear any more excuses like "it's the way we've always done it" (yeah, and remind me again how many Super Bowls that's won for you?). If the Spanos family is having financial problems, they need to come out and admit it. If there's some other reason, then enlighten us. But they need to stop flinging mud at Bosa and start giving some real answers to the taxpayers they're demanding a new stadium from.

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Lol. The Bosa team wanted up front or offset. They got upfront more than 4 and less than 2. That's fair. If he's not signing because he wants to double dip on the minor, minor, minor chance he gets cut while holding a guaranteed contract, his position is indefensible. Why should they allow him to double dip if he gets cut, you agree with that?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

It's easily defensible. The Chargers are making a huge scene, stomping their feet, and hoping nobody notices that their "best offer" still doesn't involve paying the whole bonus upfront like Bosa has been asking for the entire time. The Chargers gave a non-serious offer, probably for the sole purpose of giving themselves an excuse to publicly humiliate Bosa when it was inevitably turned down. They're acting like children, and they're in the wrong here.

What I want to know is why the Chargers can't pay the whole bonus upfront. I don't want to hear any more excuses like "it's the way we've always done it" (yeah, and remind me again how many Super Bowls that's won for you?). If the Spanos family is having financial problems, they need to come out and admit it. If there's some other reason, then enlighten us. But they need to stop flinging mud at Bosa and start giving some real answers to the taxpayers they're demanding a new stadium from.
                      Did you read the reported terms of the Chargers last offer? They offered a bigger initial payment than any player in the entire league has gotten the past 2 years and more money this calendar year than anyone but Wentz got. How is that a non-serious offer? That sounds to me, if accurate, like a more than fair offer.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

It's easily defensible. The Chargers are making a huge scene, stomping their feet, and hoping nobody notices that their "best offer" still doesn't involve paying the whole bonus upfront like Bosa has been asking for the entire time.
                        That's more up front than the 2 pick got. No way. I think Spanii suck, but if 85% is true, its on Bosa. He can demand a rocket ship to the moon, who cares? If he 'demands' more up front than the pick before him got, not going to happen with any team in the NFL. He's slotted just fine, its on him and he needs to man up. His fucking money is guaranteed, he's really holding out for the additional 3MM now instead of March? You agree with that? Whatever.

Comment

• Maverick
                          (Coryellian)
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Point Loma
                          • Send PM

What I want to know is why the Chargers can't pay the whole bonus upfront.
                          Why should the Chargers cave? It's within the parameters of what the bordering draft picks are getting. It appears to be a fair deal/offer.

Afterall, Bosa's the rookie here. On top of that, he's being a dbag.

Comment

Working...
                          X