• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Alabama OTs taking that % down but holy shit look at that WR miss rate. We got to be careful if we going WR. Which 1st round WRs will be the misses?
    I saw another chart that shows the Ravens have been very good about getting players to second contracts - highest in the league. Now Lamar might drive some of that for sure with his contract

Comment

• eaterfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

I don't believe anything I read this week. Sure, some things will turn out to be correct, but I don't think it's any better (and probably worse overall) than random guesses.

Buckle up!

This is what makes the draft so interesting and why people will watch a guy with the personality of a wet sock announce names for 20 hours this week.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Everybody is now saying the Vikes will trade Justin Jefferson in part of deal to move up for a QB. It's interesting that teams increasingly don't want to even the best WRs in the league big money. Jefferson is playing on his 5th year option this season, and he's due for a mega contract next season. The Vikes can afford it, they will have a QB on a rookie contract (presumably). But they don't want to. H&H were happy to jettison KA's salary. The Chiefs were happy to let the best WR in the league go, along with his salary, then won back-to-back Super Bowls without him. I think the feeling is that elite WRs are not essential to success, not like elite QBs are.

Comment

• eaterfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Everybody is now saying the Vikes will trade Justin Jefferson in part of deal to move up for a QB. It's interesting that teams increasingly don't want to even the best WRs in the league big money. Jefferson is playing on his 5th year option this season, and he's due for a mega contract next season. The Vikes can afford it, they will have a QB on a rookie contract (presumably). But they don't want to. H&H were happy to jettison KA's salary. The Chiefs were happy to let the best WR in the league go, along with his salary, then won back-to-back Super Bowls without him. I think the feeling is that elite WRs are not essential to success, not like elite QBs are.
          Everybody is saying the Chargers will trade Herbert. I'll believe it when I see it.

In actual WR news, the Lions just gave Amon-Ra St. Brown a giant bag of cash.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Alabama OTs taking that % down but holy shit look at that WR miss rate. We got to be careful if we going WR. Which 1st round WRs will be the misses?
            A big misleading because WR, TE, RB rely on O line and QB. But those are the guys that score the TDs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

No way to know that ahead of time. There would be 5 picks between #5 and #11. Who knows which players will be there?
              There are 5 OTs figured to go in RD1. So one would be there @11. But would that be BPA for us, if lets say Odunze, Bowers
              or a top defensive guy is there as well?

Trying to figure out our big board is a big maze because we have so many needs. There could be lumps of guys closely graded
              as you mentioned and at different positions. How do you grade a WR vs a OT? Let say it's between Odunze and Fauga @11.
              Some are going to say Fauga, others Odunze. I think a case can be made for either one. Then the jump from #11 to #23 can
              be a steep one in terms of the talent.
              The god thing about the Chargers is the big board should be wide damn open. They have so many needs the draft board should be pretty straightforward, rank them and draft them. At 11 like 5 - you look at your board and pick the highest ranked player on yoru board.

I think you can value a player at 11 and if one position is stronger - maybe you try to play it cute and go OT and circle back with WR - but I am still of the opinion - don't get too cute, take the pick at 11, the highest ranked player, and see what happens at 23. As what if a player drops at 23 - always take talent

My board this year for the Chargers - no clusters, no trying to fill needs. I am ranking the players I have on my list and just going down the list. Checking them off
              that cluster shit is stupid to me -- it seems limiting

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Everybody is saying the Chargers will trade Herbert. I'll believe it when I see it.

Adam Shefter said today that we will not be trading Herbert nor will we draft McCarthy.....it was never imo a possibility.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Allbright comes out with his mock draft - or maybe top 10 - not sure - in the next hour or so. I will be looking forward to that

He is pretty plugged in I have found. Getting the Giants to want a QB would be ideal as I think I like the idea of an extra 3rd and still getting that top 3 talent at 6 -- this means that 4 QBs would go in the first 5 picks.
                  This dude has also been on fire lately. Recommend a follow

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Same here. If Harbaugh and Hortiz choose to go with Nabers, I will have no problem rooting for him while hoping I was a hundred percent wrong about him leading up to the draft. I just don't think they will pick him. He doesn't seem like the Harbaugh type of player. If we go wide receiver, and Harrison is gone, I think it will be Odunze.

It would be nice to see Arizona do us a favor and take Nabers. Watching Murray and Nabers together would be quite funny, actually.
                    Yep. As in:

NABERS: Aw, come on, man! I was WIDE OPEN!
                    MURRAY: I threw it as hard as I could!
                    NABERS: Not good enough, man...that pass was a lame duck! Gotta do better, man, gotta do better than that...

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Adam Shefter said today that we will not be trading Herbert nor will we draft McCarthy.....it was never imo a possibility.
                      Yeah, that was kind of my point. There's a better chance that Jefferson is traded than Herbert. But there's also a better chance I get hit by a car today than struck by lightning. I don't think any of the events I mentioned are going to happen.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Best case trade down scenario for us is if NE takes McCarthy, Arizona takes MH2. That would leave Maye or Daniels on the board.
                        Somebody is going to overpay big time.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

The Chargers are not trading Herbert --

Comment

Working...
                          X