• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

It’s not about the tight end. It’s where the tight end is going. Brock Bowers is the perfect tight end for Justin Herbert.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

He passed on Cameron Jordan (Saints) and Cam Heyward. They're both still playing. Liuget was ranked higher by all of the so-called mock draft experts that year. I was a huge fan of Jordan. I remember watching him destroy Nate Solder when they went head-to-head in 2010. Jordan's a three-time All-Pro and eight-time Pro Bowler. Heyward is a four-time All-Pro and six-time Pro Bowler. Liuget was a no-time All-Pro and no-time Pro Bowler in 10 mediocre NFL seasons.

A.J. had a terrible draft that year, which he wasted after trading Antonio Cromartie for a 2011 second-round pick. We had two second-round picks and used them on Marcus Gilcrist and Jonas Mouton. I was screaming at the TV for us to pick Justin Houston, who fell out of the first round for "character concerns."

Just think what could have been if we had taken Jordan or Heyward in the first and Houston in the second.
      Mee too! I wanted us to draft Justin Houston in the first round. After that he was a steal imo. Im going to assume his possitive test for weed was a factor with us....and his fall to round 3. Probably a little more excepted now? Or not looked at as so bad these days since it is legal in many states? Never bothered me.

Jonas Mouton...Arguably our worst pick ever.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

He passed on Cameron Jordan (Saints) and Cam Heyward. They're both still playing. Liuget was ranked higher by all of the so-called mock draft experts that year. I was a huge fan of Jordan. I remember watching him destroy Nate Solder when they went head-to-head in 2010. Jordan's a three-time All-Pro and eight-time Pro Bowler. Heyward is a four-time All-Pro and six-time Pro Bowler. Liuget was a no-time All-Pro and no-time Pro Bowler in 10 mediocre NFL seasons.

A.J. had a terrible draft that year, which he wasted after trading Antonio Cromartie for a 2011 second-round pick. We had two second-round picks and used them on Marcus Gilcrist and Jonas Mouton. I was screaming at the TV for us to pick Justin Houston, who fell out of the first round for "character concerns."

Just think what could have been if we had taken Jordan or Heyward in the first and Houston in the second.
        AJ Smith got a bit too arrogant and that is when he became the Lord of No Rings (from Jay Paris)

No fliers, no risky picks. Just stay consistent year to year. Doesn't mean every year you are going to nail the draft - just means you have a process or formula and stick too it. AJ thought he had a stacked roster and a bad draft or two can just wreak havoc long term

Norval Eugene was right when he said his parting words out the door

but Harbaugh and Hortiz or Brown is going to change all that!!

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Where does Mel Kiper Jr. project that Brock Bowers will land and where does he fit into his overall top-10? Field Yates and Mel Kiper dive into the Tight End...

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
            It’s not about the tight end. It’s where the tight end is going. Brock Bowers is the perfect tight end for Justin Herbert.
            Brady -> Gronk
            Mahommes ->Kelce
            Elway ->Sharpe

WR's come and go. Long-standing QB/TE combos tend to be a denominator of multi-winning SB teams in the modern era.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Mee too! I wanted us to draft Justin Houston in the first round. After that he was a steal imo. Im going to assume his possitive test for weed was a factor with us....and his fall to round 3. Probably a little more excepted now? Or not looked at as so bad these days since it is legal in many states? Never bothered me.

Ron Billingsly is my pick for worst ever.
              Last edited by chargeroo; 01-29-2024, 03:56 PM. Reason: It's putting in the quotes double agaim so I went back to delete one.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Brady -> Gronk
                Mahommes ->Kelce
                Elway ->Sharpe

WR's come and go. Long-standing QB/TE combos tend to be a denominator of multi-winning SB teams in the modern era.
                That's what I've been saying. Fouts/Winslow, Rivers/Gates. Let's get JH10 his own great TE. They are like security blankets to the QB.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Brady -> Gronk
                  Mahommes ->Kelce
                  Elway ->Sharpe

Couldn’t have said it better.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

You got me so fucking hyped. What a video. What the fuck are we talking about? You draft this guy.

There’s no bust he has all the tools. Kiper said just what I said. I think he’s better then Kyle Pitts.

You know what I see when I see that video??? Kelce!!!!!!

then if you argue Pitts look who is his Quarterback. Would we be saying that about Pitts if he went to Kansas City and was playing with Mahomes?????

Comment

• colorado
                      Fan since '62
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Desert Rat
                      • Nothing but time on my hands
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ryan Leaf was our worst draft pick ever imo.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

CB Qwan'tez Stiggers

(who here has heard of this guy.... ?)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10106556-2024-nfl-draft-prospects-with-most-to-gain-at-senior-and-shrine-bowls
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

January 29, 2024 - 3:20 pm

Senior Bowl players gathering in Mobile … Participants in this year’s Senior Bowl are gathering in Mobile as we speak for the start of the three-days of practices on Tuesday. And while very few of the very top prospects for the 2024 draft will be in Mobile this week, almost all the leading second-tier candidates will be on hand. That includes QBs Michael Penix and Bo Nix who have as much to prove as anyone this week. The Senior Bowl’s QB group, though, also includes Spencer Rattler, Sam Hartman, Joe Milton and Michael Pratt, each of whom figures to be among the first ten or so QBs selected this coming April. There is a similar story at OT where none of the top 3 prospects at the position – Olu Fashanu, John Alt and JC Latham – will be there, but just about everyone else who is anybody at the position this year will be, including Tyler Guyton, Troy Fautanu, Taliese Fuaga, Jordan Morgan, Kingsley Suamataia, Patrick Paul and Javon Foster. They’ll be dealing with a pretty good group of edge rushers which includes DE Laiatu Latu, the one legit top 10 prospect in Mobile this week. Latu will be joined by the likes of Chris Braswell, Brandon Dorlus and Darius Robinson on the edges of the defensive line, while DTs T’Vondre Sweat, Byron Murphy, and Mike Hall head the list of interior DL. At the same time, expect some pretty good battles in the secondary with WRs Xavier Legette, Tez Walker, Roman Wilson, Ladd McConkey and Johnny Wilson going up against CBs Kris Abrams-Draine, Kalen King, Josh Newton, Quinyon Mitchell, and Ennis Rakestraw, with safeties Kamren Kinchens, Javon Bullard, and Cole Bishop lending support.

Senior Bowl practices get underway tomorrow (Tuesday) with sessions beginning at 10:30 AM ET and 1 PM ET and running thru Thursday and will be covered by both ESPN and the NFL Network. That should be a nice change from the past few years when the coverage was at best spotty. A couple of other notes to note. As of this afternoon, the Senior Bowl has not released the actual rosters for the two teams. Also, again as we have noted in the past, not every player who initially commits to participate in the Senior actually shows; as well, there are always roster changes over the week as players get dinged. One other thing to note, is that in the past the Senior Bowl tended to feature a fair number of small school prospects. This year, not so much; indeed, the last list we saw had just 3 players from the FCS ranks. In addition, the large majority of FBS players are from Power-5 conferences who at the time of writing look like they’ll be supplying upwards of 85% of the Senior Bowl participants.

January 28, 2024 - 10:56 pm

Shrine updates … The players at this week’s East-West Shrine game in Frisco are halfway thru their 4-days of practice. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a whole of news coming out of those sessions. It does appear, though, that are several pretty prominent prospects at the Shrine game that we did not report on earlier that we weren’t really sure would attend including Texas Ja’Tavion Sanders, Miami DT Leonard Taylor and Washington DE Zion Tupuola-Fetui, but all three were part of yesterday’s measuring in session. On the other hand, the Shrine roster also includes Texas RB Jonathan Brooks and Florida State QB Jordan Travis, both of whom are rehabbing from season-ending injuries, but neither appears to have taken part in the weigh-in.

Speaking of the weigh-in, there wasn’t a whole lot that jumped out, other than maybe the Shrine game doesn’t necessarily have the biggest group of prospects out there. Among the QBs, for example, Devin Leary, late of Kentucky, measured in at just 6-1, while Maryland’s Taulia Tagovailoa was just a tad over 5-10. There was a similar story at RB where Frank Gore of Southern Miss measured in at 5-7, 200, while FCS star Jayden Shirden of Monmouth, who has been getting some props as a potential sleeper came in at 5-7.5 and 190 pounds. At the same time, WRs Malik Washington (5-8, 192) of Virginia and Tajh Washington (5-10, 177) were both somewhat smurf-sized although both made highlight reel receptions on the first day. Several of the Shrine games edge rushers including Utah’s Jonah Elliss (6-2, 243), Mo Kamara (6-1, 252) of Colorado State and Edge Cooper (6-2, 227) of Texas A&M were also on the small side. The one player who didn’t have a size problem was mammoth Howard OT Anim Dankwah who literally blocked out the sun at 6-7, 362. Scouts were also impressed with the length of several of the corners including Ro Torrence of Arizona State who measured in at 6-3, along with Dwight McGlothern of Arkansas and Maryland’s Ja’Quan Shepherd, both of whom are 6-1. Courtesy of Pro Football Network, here are the heights and weights of the players who were measured at the Shrine game.

Comment

Working...
                          X