• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I want to drop this but I have to ask why is PFF a fake website? It is the mock draft simualtor that everyone in the industry uses including NFL teams. What is fake about PFF? Curious
    I don’t think you want to drop it.You keep saying you do but, you seem really emotionally tied to my opinion.
    Like Pff, I seem to have a serious hold on you emotionally….
    I wish you the best in dealing with my opinion on this matter and can only hope you’ll find solace in knowing that others have differing opinions than yours. This could occur again here, and more than likely will…
    Hang in there…

Comment

• Javia
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I get the pick, that’s not really the issue, it’s just where the pick is being made. That’s really high for a RT.
      But that’s just my “unprofessional opinion” without contacts and a fake website behind me saying that…
      Do we believe what Hortiz says or not? This prediction is saying that Harbaugh and Hortiz are full of sh*t, because Latham is not even close to being the Best Player Available at #5. Do we believe that Hortiz will make a reach pick just to get a RT? I do not. I hope not. If I wasn't agnostic, I would pray not.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

I don’t think you want to drop it.You keep saying you do but, you seem really emotionally tied to my opinion.
        Like Pff, I seem to have a serious hold on you emotionally….
        I wish you the best in dealing with my opinion on this matter and can only hope you’ll find solace in knowing that others have differing opinions than yours. This could occur again here, and more than likely will…
        Hang in there…
        Cute.

No just calling you on your shit. I am totally fine with you having your own opinion. I just didnt respect the way you expressed it.

So if you are going to call people derogitory names back it up. I am not particularly partial to PFF more than any other football site but it is a respected football site in NFL circles so enlighten us why it is a fake website.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

I was watching Mel Kiper a few weeks ago say that CHI could trade Fields to ATL for pick 8….
          These clowns are in it for the clickbait. They want the views.

Then nobody calls them out on the idiocy later.
          Still nothing compared to MSNBC or the LA Times

off to watch Latham film, just can’t see it at 5 or 11 from what I’ve seen so far….unless getting him lower and the playbook will use TEs to chip his edge and help pound the rock right more than any team the last 50 years.
          I could live with that.
          Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 04-24-2024, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Just curious, Wu, out of those 3, which guy do you think would be a best fit for the Bolts?
            Fuaga.
            Reports of A+ interviews.
            I am very impressed by the game videos.
            He is the best run blocker in this draft, by consensus opinion.
            The highest I have seen Taliese ranked lately is #10.
            It would not surprise me if he were closer to #5 on the Chargers big board.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              One thing that is clear to me is that Latham plays an entirely different game than Alt or Fuaga.

Latham is a powerful drive blocker, and that is plain obvious in watching game videos.

Alt and Fuaga are very good at the second level, quite effective out in space.
              Interesting take there, Wood...would u say that Latham would be better at opening up those "quick opener" holes?

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Would Latham @#5 be as much of a reach as the Raiduhs taking Robert Gallery @#2 overall or Alex Leatherwood @#17 overall?
                more. JCL isn't the 2nd best nonQB
                iirc, Gallery was a much higher touted prospect.
                I can see him in a trade down and even ahead of a lot of other fan favorites, but 5 is too rich unless he becomes a future HOF OT.
                gotta believe it's a smoke screen.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

I'm preparing for that sinking feeling when his named is called at 5 and everyone goes: "he would have been there at 11!". I guessed Latham in the guessing thread a few days ago, and I stand by that. From what I read it seems that it is easy go get enamoured with his physicality but that other OTs actually sound like better allround players.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Forgot about Leatherwood. Hard to believe how many Bama tackles have busted.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Your draft stat for the Winslow draft I came across researching all time busts

IMG_1783.jpg

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

JC Latham is Simm's OT1 FWIW
                        Are some of under-selling him?
                        comps to Wirfs, Sewell.
                        length, power, anchor
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Brace yourselves Charger fans, for this pick and for it to be panned as a reach BUT two very smart and tuned in draft gurus Daniel Jeremiah and Trevor Sikkema, in their FINAL mock drafts have assigned JC Latham to the Chargers at FIVE. This isnt the mock they would pick, it is the mock based on what they are hearing from sources and what they thnk is going to happen.

The drumbeat that the Charger are going OL is getting louder. We all assumed Joe Alt but what these guys are saying is that Harbaugh will want a a big mauling power run blocker that is a plug and play RT.

Sikkema also said he doesnt think Vikings will trade up if Patriots take Maye at 3. Taking Latham at 11 was likley fine with everyone but it will take some getting used to taking Latham at 5 while Nabers and Odunze are sitting there.

Wow
                          I just ran across a final mock draft of Jeremiah's a few years ago ..... he was way, way off with some selections, as in rounds off.

His mock is of interest as a Charger analyst; but it is still guesswork, hardly inevitable.

Hortiz and the organization have told him nothing we don't know.

Comment

Working...
                          X