• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    I have only 5 front 7 defensive players as true 1st Rd picks.
    1DT, 1LB, 3Edge
    ​​​
    J.Newton

C.Gray

D.Turner
    J.Verse
    L.Latu

That is all for your front 7 BPA 1st Rd cluster. 5 prospects.​​​​

my two favorite players in this draft are Verse and Turner...I like both but would love to see Verse tearing some shit up at SoFi, I think that guy is going to be the next star pass rusher in the league...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

I may have missed it but what do you guys think of T'Vondre Sweat? If he drops a round, or even two, is he enough of an upgrade at IDL to take a chance on?
      I don't if it was TT or ownership that shied away from players with off the field issues. Will the new football minds take a chance on guys with " baggage"?
      Without scanning Baltimore's current roster, I have no idea who is on their roster but I know for sure they've had some unsavoury characters on previous teams.

Edit: Just read a few articles. Said he smelt of marijuana but said he was arrested for DWI? Says nothing of a breathalyzer or a level blown?Could the DWI be for being baked????

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In the 11 years with Telesco as GM - the Chargers were the 23rd best running team overall. I think the best was in the low teens, like 13 and 15. Many years in the bottom half dozen teams. This last year, the worst

Running the ball helps control the block, makes the defense work harder, allows you to end games with keeping possession. A running game will also keep the defense honest enough to let justin herbert be better in the passing game

For 11 years, the Chargers have been overly reliant on the QB position in the passing game because of below average running game and defenses for the most part, who were below average.

Time to change that - run the ball, play good defense and watch Justin Herbert take off
        I am on board with running the ball. I think everyone gets it. But like the Duck of Death said, there are ZERO playmakers on this offense. I like big Gus as much as the next guy but the reality is that he has been a 2 down committee back his entire career and he doesn't catch passes. He is not the 2nd coming of Jim Brown because Jim Harbaugh is here. We need a lot more at RB...and WR.

For Justin to take off he needs some form of weapons that stress defenses. He is a very different QB than Lamar Jackson. Season is 5 months away, draft hasn't happened. I am sure these guys get it and players will be added. But it will take more than an offensive line to keep up with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Stroud, Jackson, Miami and all the other potent offenses in the AFC that will score points on any defenses.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
          The case for staying put at #5 - there are literally zero offensive playmakers on the current roster. At least none that opposing DCs will lose sleep over. Yes this draft has a lot of talented WRs, but only three that are commonly considered “can’t miss”. And honestly, just two for me since I’m out on Nabers - JMO.

The case for trading down - This roster has more holes than Sonny Corleone.

I get it, we are sitting in the tear down phase of a huge remodel project. Things are about to change drastically. But it is a little nerve wracking that sooo much is riding on this upcoming draft.

Man early April sucks.
          agree..... 2 more considerations:

under Harbaugh, Chargers will never be drafting near top of draft again....

Also this draft has 2 elite cant miss generational talents: MHJ and Bowers..... Our offense needs one of those to give Herbert an elite dependable playmaker so we can score enough points to beat chiefs.....Bwers fits Harbaugh's scheme better than any WR..... great teams are built up the middle..... OL, TE....slot WR and todays rules make it nearly impossible to plaay defense..... we have to out score chiefs to beat them..... cannot shut them down..... and this is a great offensive draft......and we have an elite QB.....

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Interesting

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I am on board with running the ball. I think everyone gets it. But like the Duck of Death said, there are ZERO playmakers on this offense. I like big Gus as much as the next guy but the reality is that he has been a 2 down committee back his entire career and he doesn't catch passes. He is not the 2nd coming of Jim Brown because Jim Harbaugh is here. We need a lot more at RB...and WR.

For Justin to take off he needs some form of weapons that stress defenses. He is a very different QB than Lamar Jackson. Season is 5 months away, draft hasn't happened. I am sure these guys get it and players will be added. But it will take more than an offensive line to keep up with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Stroud, Jackson, Miami and all the other potent offenses in the AFC that will score points on any defenses.
              I will 100% disagree with you on that statement my fellow Bolt fan!
              Anyone that thinks that Justin Herbert is NOT a playmaker needs to spend more time watching the kid play. I do not believe this team, with JH at QB, requires elite level players at the skill positions( although it certainly wouldn't hurt!) It needs an OL that can keep him clean long enough to make the plays he's capable of, which is, I believe, any play on the field. Outside of Randy Moss for a few seasons, which elite WR did Brady have? Or Mahomes last year?

One only has to look at the 1972 Philadelphia Phillies, to see what one man can do for a team. Pitcher Steve Carlton went 27-10 and won the NL CY award. All other games, the team posted a 30-85 record! The cool thing here is that Herbert will be " pitching" EVERY game for us.

Give JH time to work his magic, and see how good Palmer, Johnston, and Davis look.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Not a problem. Boltnut,
                I agree with everything you took from it as well. The only think I heard when they say Oline centric is that I really believe they are more focus on overall depth and development more so then a premium pick.
                I say that because this team has been so Top heavy with talented 1's but when injuries happened our second and third stringers were just not up to par with other teams. This is Big with the trenches. So I think they take advantage of this deep line draft with a lot of talent in the middle rounds of players that can be interchangeable. Build that depth and if we have a starter go down it doesn't make the line fall apart.

I'm interested to hear your opinion on what they mean by "Epic" Offense and "Best Justin has ever had"

Finally, if you're a trenches guy, have you recovered yet from when Coach said, "Vicious Players"?
                When they draft a RT with the #11 pick... that will slide Pipkins to swing tackle. He would be good depth (certainly better than Sarrell).
                Have you seen Fuaga run block. He is vicious. When he beats Maxx Crosby up every play... it will be epic!
                I want to see those AFC West DE's and OLB's tired and beaten by the 4th quarter.

I also want LB1 (Cooper) hitting MaHommes when Patty leaves the pocket. If it is a vicious hit... fine with me. That would be epic.

An epic offense is a balanced offense... with the personnel that can run or pass in any situation... on any down... at any point in the game.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I will 100% disagree with you on that statement my fellow Bolt fan!
                  Anyone that thinks that Justin Herbert is NOT a playmaker needs to spend more time watching the kid play. I do not believe this team, with JH at QB, requires elite level players at the skill positions( although it certainly wouldn't hurt!) It needs an OL that can keep him clean long enough to make the plays he's capable of, which is, I believe, any play on the field. Outside of Randy Moss for a few seasons, which elite WR did Brady have? Or Mahomes last year?

One only has to look at the 1972 Philadelphia Phillies, to see what one man can do for a team. Pitcher Steve Carlton went 27-10 and won the NL CY award. All other games, the team posted a 30-85 record! The cool thing here is that Herbert will be " pitching" EVERY game for us.

Give JH time to work his magic, and see how good Palmer, Johnston, and Davis look.
                  It was a given, my fellow Bolt fan, that I was not talking about QB, but the skill positions.

GRONK and KELCE are both unstoppable impact weapons that Brady and Mahomes have relied on. I know, I know, we have Hayden Hurst!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

What's the average salary of a starting RT a good one? What's the salary of the #5 pick for this draft? If the draft pick costs close to the average top ten RT salary you have to trade back if RT is your first pick at 5.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

For me the nerve wracking slowed way the fuck down after they hired Harbaugh and Hortiz, I had a LOT of anxiety during that hiring process, 46 years of Charger Fandom were at stake for me and that's no embellishment, later a smaller amount of anxiety before the big decisions came down to get the cap situation under control, now I'm relaxed and just excited to see what the draft brings because so many different things can happen, but I'm not worried anymore, for the first time in forever I'm not invested in one position or another or one player or another, I got so much confidence in these guys that I know they are going to build something special...it's all about waiting now and letting it unfold with the knowledge that we finally have some trustworthy folks making decisions...as for the rest of it, I'm certain that they will find some players that will make watching the chargers very entertaining again and I'm not talking about statistical rankings or fucking fantasy football, fuck all that noise, I'm talking about watching some honest to god smash you in the fucking face stay the fuck down type shit, it's been too long...
                        I feel the exact same.
                        F stats, just win.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Saw an article today that had Chicago trading up to 5 to get MHJ if AZ makes the trade with Minnesota.....lol, that would fuck AZ for trying to think they can outsmart the league.

Or we could just draft him.
                          I wouldn’t allow them to draft him. We should draft him.

Comment

Working...
                          X