• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Thinking about Latham or Fuaga:

well, they'll keep the Chargers offense on the field against the Chiefs, and the Chargers will have a running game inside the RedZone, which is never a bad thing.
    Mahomes cleans up against fatigued defenses more than most.

You can have a strong ground game with average running backs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

JC Latham is Simm's OT1 FWIW
      Are some of under-selling him?
      comps to Wirfs, Sewell.
      length, power, anchor
      I like Latham over Alt .... I think I'd be fine with it.

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

The latham @ #5 last minute leaks are having me feel so disappointed. I feel like a playmaker was there for us all along and were taking a guy most had going late 1st simply because we like tough guys now. Hope it isnt true and we can at least trade down before taking the 4th or 5th highly rated RT. Smh

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          The latham @ #5 last minute leaks are having me feel so disappointed. I feel like a playmaker was there for us all along and were taking a guy most had going late 1st simply because we like tough guys now. Hope it isnt true and we can at least trade down before taking the 4th or 5th highly rated RT. Smh
          There are no advantages in letting everyone know you are going to take Latham at #5 .... zero.
          That's just advertising that you'll take Jeremiah's cheese sandwich to move back to #11.

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I like Latham over Alt .... I think I'd be fine with it.
            high praise from Simms

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Thinking about Latham or Fuaga:

well, they'll keep the Chargers offense on the field against the Chiefs, and the Chargers will have a running game inside the RedZone, which is never a bad thing.
              Mahomes cleans up against fatigued defenses more than most.

You can have a strong ground game with average running backs.
              I think the plan will be to double and run at Chris Jones.
              Wear him out in the 4th.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

The Athletic’s final writers mock has Kool Aid falling out of the first round. I’m tellin ya, he’s a faller that might be there at 37.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

I just ran across a final mock draft of Jeremiah's a few years ago ..... he was way, way off with some selections, as in rounds off.

His mock is of interest as a Charger analyst; but it is still guesswork, hardly inevitable.

Hortiz and the organization have told him nothing we don't know.
                  The guys at Gulty as Charged listed 8 draft guys including Peter Shrager who also have Chargers taking Latham. Huge smoke 24 hours before draft

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Latham is more suited than Alt to be a mauler in the run game at RT if that is what they want. I just like it alot more with a trade down and extra draft picks.

This will be branded a reach if they take Latham with Nabers, Harrison, Bowers, Alt sitting there.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      According to ESPN’s Matt Miller, in his final mock draft of the first round, “sources around the NFL say Harrison has an assurance from the Cardinals that he will be the pick if available at this spot.”

General manager Monti Ossenfort has made it clear that the team is open for business for a trade, which makes sense. He will take any call. However, unless he is blown away by an offer, it makes sense to stay and select Harrison.
                      If this is true the trade value for 5 just went up, way up.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                        Latham is more suited than Alt to be a mauler in the run game at RT if that is what they want. I just like it alot more with a trade down and extra draft picks.

This will be branded a reach if they take Latham with Nabers, Harrison, Bowers, Alt sitting there.
                        Yea...Im reading "reach" and "big mistake" from some fans on here... cuz he's not their guy...ridiculous...if Harbaugh AND Joe Hortiz pick Latham over all those guys, dont you think they have a reason? Who are we to question that? Im sure they would like to trade back and get him, but if nobody is dealing? They arent gonna say "well...we wanted Latham, he is perfect for us...but we should pick Alt or Nabors, cuz it wont be viewed as a reach by fans and media...we dont wanna look bad..."

By the way...not my guy either...but if Jim n Joe pick him, he sure as hell will be my guy THEN...
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          The Athletic’s final writers mock has Kool Aid falling out of the first round. I’m tellin ya, he’s a faller that might be there at 37.
                          He might be a "Keenan like" injury steal...if you feel ok about the foot...at #37!? What a deal.

That would just be...well...NUTTY!
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X