• Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Beast

--Alt #5 "high level run blocker"
    --BJT #15
    --Fuaga # 17 comp is formerJim Harbaugh SF OL kingpin Mike Iupati.
    --Mims #19 OLT/ORT flexibility; raw run blocker, plus pass blocker.

tell pbb
    tell Burton
    tell Cat
    tell the world
    DerwinBosa high five !

Gonna say it again.
    Jimbo wants a bidding war for MHJ at #5.

Just a few bullet points.
    Yep...got it! But I'm going to guess they're targeting Latham @#11...maybe Fuaga also...but I wouldn't hope for either one to last to the late teens...solid, road-grading OT's don't usually last long...

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      I may have missed it but what do you guys think of T'Vondre Sweat? If he drops a round, or even two, is he enough of an upgrade at IDL to take a chance on?
      I don't if it was TT or ownership that shied away from players with off the field issues. Will the new football minds take a chance on guys with " baggage"?
      Without scanning Baltimore's current roster, I have no idea who is on their roster but I know for sure they've had some unsavoury characters on previous teams.

Edit: Just read a few articles. Said he smelt of marijuana but said he was arrested for DWI? Says nothing of a breathalyzer or a level blown?Could the DWI be for being baked????
      he might be kryptonite for a 2nd round pick at this point, but he would be acceptable as a 3rd round pick, and would be solid gold as a 4th round pick. we will see.

reminds me of Manti Teo, he became a great pick once he fell to us (at least on the draft day feedback). if we had picked him earlier, everyone would have said we were dumb.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...got it! But I'm going to guess they're targeting Latham @#11...maybe Fuaga also...but I wouldn't hope for either one to last to the late teens...solid, road-grading OT's don't usually last long...
        There is plenty of fresh info out there still.
        Some of it supports your position, especially in pass blocking.
        It's all good brutha.
        I am glad that we have so many amped up takes going
        to get us ready for all this.
        The Chargers could end up who knows where
        and with who knows who is left on the board, all this on a trade down.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Saw an article today that had Chicago trading up to 5 to get MHJ if AZ makes the trade with Minnesota.....lol, that would fuck AZ for trying to think they can outsmart the league.

Or we could just draft him.
          i think that is part of the delay on MINN's move up. i bet ARZ won't make the deal unless they have a secondary deal with us to trade the 5th pick to them.

if i was ARZ, i am taking MHJ. end of story.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There is plenty of fresh info out there still.
            Some of it supports your position, especially in pass blocking.
            It's all good brutha.
            I am glad that we have so many amped up takes going
            to get us ready for all this.
            The Chargers could end up who knows where
            and with who knows who is left on the board, all this on a trade down.
            Yep...when I think of all the picks we could get in a trade-down, it's like we may be able to do a 2-year rebuild on ONE year! Playoffs, baby!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i think that is part of the delay on MINN's move up. i bet ARZ won't make the deal unless they have a secondary deal with us to trade the 5th pick to them.

if i was ARZ, i am taking MHJ. end of story.
              And now, to throw another monkey wrench into the QB derby, there's talk of even the COWBOYS ditching Dak and drafting a QB:

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Interesting

Guyton must have been playing vs fools, cuz I watched his tape...he is horrible from a tech standpoint...that kid is gonna take some work to be a pro.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Read some posters on AD vs BTJ...

Think the negs on AD are a bit much...and any "taking plays off" would easily be solved by staff...very nice prospect, but only applicable if we trade back, or he falls to 37.

Brian Thomas jr...I loved him early on...got real excited by the highlights, stats, combine...but then read how alot of his success was due to teams focusing on Nabors, and a ton of his catches...he was wide open...so I went back and watched...and it was true...so the question I had...was it him? Was it speed and saavy routes...or did he benefit from lazy and/or busted coverages. Not a ton of contested catches...yards after CONTACT....

But...gotta admit...its not about what I saw...I liked everything I saw...its what I didnt see...

So...now fans on here are claiming they have seen more...seen contested catches, seen him blocking...seen him running good routes....I guess they came across some all 22 footage?

Bottom line....I really like what I SAW....if he is as good all around as some on here claim to have seen....our staff will have seen it too...and who can not like a speedy version of Mdub? Bottom line...very intriguing prospect to me...but at 23ish or later.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Guyton must have been playing vs fools, cuz I watched his tape...he is horrible from a tech standpoint...that kid is gonna take some work to be a pro.
                    Don't need another project...ugh...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

he might be kryptonite for a 2nd round pick at this point, but he would be acceptable as a 3rd round pick, and would be solid gold as a 4th round pick. we will see.

reminds me of Manti Teo, he became a great pick once he fell to us (at least on the draft day feedback). if we had picked him earlier, everyone would have said we were dumb.
                      Teo turned out to be basically an average player...and TT paid to move up for him...ugh...

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I think if they end up with #11 and #23
                        It makes much more sense to spend the higher of the picks on defense and then get offense at 23.

Defense at #11

OL at #23
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Read some posters on AD vs BTJ...

Think the negs on AD are a bit much...and any "taking plays off" would easily be solved by staff...very nice prospect, but only applicable if we trade back, or he falls to 37.

Brian Thomas jr...I loved him early on...got real excited by the highlights, stats, combine...but then read how alot of his success was due to teams focusing on Nabors, and a ton of his catches...he was wide open...so I went back and watched...and it was true...so the question I had...was it him? Was it speed and saavy routes...or did he benefit from lazy and/or busted coverages. Not a ton of contested catches...yards after CONTACT....

But...gotta admit...its not about what I saw...I liked everything I saw...its what I didnt see...

So...now fans on here are claiming they have seen more...seen contested catches, seen him blocking...seen him running good routes....I guess they came across some all 22 footage?

Bottom line....I really like what I SAW....if he is as good all around as some on here claim to have seen....our staff will have seen it too...and who can not like a speedy version of Mdub? Bottom line...very intriguing prospect to me...but at 23ish or later.
                          Steve Smith liked him and comped him to Aiyuk. I liked his tape and he runs a 4.33. Smith didn't love every reciever he scouted. He flat don't like Johnny Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                          X