• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

This is an absolutely nuts, IMO. That's the most receiving yards in a season in NFL history. That's more yards per reception than anything Kelce has ever done.

But basically that is what he would have to do to be more productive than any of the top 3 WRs.
    You have to love the Bowers fan club. Salary cap be damned they will draft their guy even if TE is not a Premium position. I respect their opinions even though they are misplacing their loyalty. Greg Roman’s offense was TE centric because they have one of the most prolific dual threat QB’s since Mike Vick who was still learning the NFL passing game. That however has changed in the last 5 years. Who’s going to tell those fans that in 3 of those years Hortiz, DeCosta and crew spent 1st round draft capital on the WR position because you need playmakers and speed in the passing game. It’s hard to make a living against 8 man boxes all game and having to have 10-15 play drives to score all the time.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Here's an interesting fact. When Tyreke Hill was on the Chiefs, Kelce averaged 12.9 yards/reception. Since Hill has left he's averaged 11.4. Having Hill there to draw attention was a huge help to Kelce.
      Not a massive hit but i get it. Even without Hill nobody can seem to stop the Chiefs. I wonder if they win all these SBs without Kelce and keeping Hill? I just think what the Chiefs do is perfect for Kelce. They run the ball well as well.

Its such a deep draft at WR that i still think you score a stud WR in round 2. And since everyone likes to bring up the fact that Kelce wasnt drafted in the 1st...neither was Hill. lol

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

You have to love the Bowers fan club. Salary cap be damned they will draft their guy even if TE is not a Premium position. I respect their opinions even though they are misplacing their loyalty. Greg Roman’s offense was TE centric because they have one of the most prolific dual threat QB’s since Mike Vick who was still learning the NFL passing game. That however has changed in the last 5 years. Who’s going to tell those fans that in 3 of those years Hortiz, DeCosta and crew spent 1st round draft capital on the WR position because you need playmakers and speed in the passing game. It’s hard to make a living against 8 man boxes all game and having to have 10-15 play drives to score all the time.
        Gotta love us clueless guys right? lol

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2024
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I think you said it all here boss.
          Bowers and McConkley
          Keep the O on the field and score at a ridiculously high rate while winning TOP.
          It'll all make sense when it's over.
          I'm good until next Thursday.
          I respect the Bowers fan club. You guys are truly loyal. I think there may be a slight issue with the bolded part here though.
          Bowers and McConkey won’t work together on this team because you are seriously clogging the middle of the field.
          Bowers would need to line up in the slot to assist him with getting off the line clean in the Pros.
          McConkey is strictly a slot receiver in the NFL. His advantage is lining up off the line to get free releases as well.
          QJ is more of a Z than an X. He also needs some assistance getting off clean releases at this time.
          I assume Dissly is the inline TE.

Thats a lot of redundancy clogging the middle of the field. You will need outside speed to clear space for Bowers or McConkey. Not to mention you already have the Bowers position filled with Hayden Hurst who they think very high of. (I know he has a 1 year deal but that’s strictly financial as the Panthers are picking up the tab for 2024).

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            I did not know this would be an essay final exam.

Soon, the woodMock v5 will appear.
            With minimal comment.
            If you don't understand yet--you never would anyhow.

The gauntlet has been thrown.
            Post your very finest mock within a matter of days.
            Or you will be laughed right out of the arena of football ideas.
            And don't forget your "Clustas"...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I think it's because if we DON'T draft Bowers, we'll be moaning about it for YEARS...

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think it's because if we DON'T draft Bowers, we'll be moaning about it for YEARS...
                Giving some serious thought to making this our new Logo.

image_7717 (4) copy.png

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2024
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Gotta love us clueless guys right? lol
                  Nope I never said “clueless” and wouldn’t attack anyone for being a fan of a certain player. It’s really not that serious. I actually like Bowers and have said many times he’s a Blue-Chip player.
                  i even made the joke that the TE class is Bowers and the Seven Dwarfs in a previous thread.

i just believe the Bowers fans are being a little overzealous and embellishing his true abilities at this level. I also think the Bowers fan club is ignoring two main factors the team cares greatly about and has already shown proof of.
                  1. TE is not a Premium position in the NFL.
                  2. Positional Value matters

By all means cheer for your guy, that’s what fandom is all about and it doesn’t make anybody “clueless” or stupid.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Giving some serious thought to making this our new Logo.

image_7717 (4) copy.png
                    I want to see a mock-up with Maserati Marv...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Nope I never said “clueless” and wouldn’t attack anyone for being a fan of a certain player. It’s really not that serious. I actually like Bowers and have said many times he’s a Blue-Chip player.
                      i even made the joke that the TE class is Bowers and the Seven Dwarfs in a previous thread.

i just believe the Bowers fans are being a little overzealous and embellishing his true abilities at this level. I also think the Bowers fan club is ignoring two main factors the teams cares greatly about and has already show proof of.
                      1. TE is not a Premium position in the NFL.
                      2. Positional Value matters

By all means cheer for your guy, that’s what fandom is all about and it doesn’t make anybody “clueless” or stupid.
                      Whats pissing me off the most is that you put me in only one fan club. Im in like 5 right now. lol Just playing. You are a valued addition here. You're takes dont suck and you post a lot. Good for us. I do take things the wrong way often. I am proud of what i have built here over the years...and a lot of it was based on football knowledge. Many of us here are big football minds. Smart group we have here. I just want to make sure we are not sort of labeling guys in a demeaning way for the players they like. I also have done a ton of Bowers defending on our twitter account. And most of the takes against him are just bad. Nothing about his game. Its just bad value for the position or he looks dumb in shorts. Nobody has really broken down his game why its not an insane fit here in LA.

I get it though. I hear this all the time regarding the TE position. And how its not a premium draft slot position etc. I get that. And i agree. This is not a typical TE and thats why i keep pounding the table for him. He is the most unicorny TE ever. I have copious amounts of breakdowns and reasoning out there. Im just sort of lazy about it now. My love affair with Bowers has been from the start of his career. And im frankly tired of sharing the same takes regarding him over and over.

He is not just a TE to me. Sure he is being drafted as a TE and that is his primary position. But my mind personally regarding him is so wide open its crazy. I dont box this guy in. Not one TE in the league does everything he does. Nobody runs like he does after the catch. If he were just a big pass catching target? not a fan. Its his entire game. His mind. Buts its also his fit with us. Im not set on what we have at TE. I also think the WR draft is so deep you can add a stud in round 2 to comp Bowers. You mention that he and McConkey would clutter the middle of the field etc...i think Brady loved that with Gronk and Edelman.

I think the Brady lead Pats...strong run game....12 Personnel with stellar TEs and slot guys...stout D. This is the way we are headed. IMO

Its good to have you. You are a good fit here.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2024
                        • Send PM

Whats pissing me off the most is that you put me in only one fan club. Im in like 5 right now. lol Just playing. You are a valued addition here. You're takes dont suck and you post a lot. Good for us. I do take things the wrong way often. I am proud of what i have built here over the years...and a lot of it was based on football knowledge. Many of us here are big football minds. Smart group we have here. I just want to make sure we are not sort of labeling guys in a demeaning way for the players they like. I also have done a ton of Bowers defending on our twitter account. And most of the takes against him are just bad. Nothing about his game. Its just bad value for the position or he looks dumb in shorts. Nobody has really broken down his game why its not an insane fit here in LA.

I get it though. I hear this all the time regarding the TE position. And how its not a premium draft slot position etc. I get that. And i agree. This is not a typical TE and thats why i keep pounding the table for him. He is the most unicorny TE ever. I have copious amounts of breakdowns and reasoning out there. Im just sort of lazy about it now. My love affair with Bowers has been from the start of his career. And im frankly tired of sharing the same takes regarding him over and over.

He is not just a TE to me. Sure he is being drafted as a TE and that is his primary position. But my mind personally regarding him is so wide open its crazy. I dont box this guy in. Not one TE in the league does everything he does. Nobody runs like he does after the catch. If he were just a big pass catching target? not a fan. Its his entire game. His mind. Buts its also his fit with us. Im not set on what we have at TE. I also think the WR draft is so deep you can add a stud in round 2 to comp Bowers. You mention that he and McConkey would clutter the middle of the field etc...i think Brady loved that with Gronk and Edelman.

I think the Brady lead Pats...strong run game....12 Personnel with stellar TEs and slot guys...stout D. This is the way we are headed. IMO

Its good to have you. You are a good fit here.

I get it and fully understand. If it wasn’t for those 2 WR’s, I would be right there with you. In fact if they trade back some, I would prefer Brock over the OLine and Arnold.
                        Congratulations on the success of the board and I pray you have many more to come. It’s a great place to come and talk football.

I will say that Tom actually came to dislike a lot of the Erhardt-Perkins offensive scheme as it became outdated and he couldn’t stand that Bill refused to add Premium talent to the Receiver core. Nothing against Jules but he passed to him a lot by the design of that outdated offense. That’s why the one game he had AB in New England he forgot Jules was running routes that game in Miami.

A quick did you know. Since Randy Moss and that record breaking 2007 season. The New England Patriots have not had an “X” receiver gain 1,000 yards in a season. Brandon LaFell came the closest with 953 in 2014. That system is designed to feature the slot receiver, TE down the seams and 3rd down backs swinging out of the back field.

This was what happened in Vegas with Carr and McDaniels. McDaniels wanted Carr to throw more to Renfrow in the slot and Carr continued to throw to Adams who was his college buddy but actually the best receiver in the game. Carr refused and McDaniels gets rid of him and brings in Garoppolo and slot receiver from New England Jakobi Myers. When Garoppolo is in Myers gets more targets a game then Adams (After Adams had a 1500 yard season mind you). This starts the down fall of the arrogant boy wonder. Garropollo gets hurt and McDaniels gets fired. That’s why the cigars came out.

Sorry so long but I can talk schematics for hours.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2024
                          • Send PM

Not a massive hit but i get it. Even without Hill nobody can seem to stop the Chiefs. I wonder if they win all these SBs without Kelce and keeping Hill? I just think what the Chiefs do is perfect for Kelce. They run the ball well as well.

Its such a deep draft at WR that i still think you score a stud WR in round 2. And since everyone likes to bring up the fact that Kelce wasnt drafted in the 1st...neither was Hill. lol
                          This is definitely possible but much more difficult than it seems.
                          Since the 2019 draft there have been 30 Receivers drafted in Round 2. Only 9 have hit as a success. That’s only a 30% hit rate.
                          In that same timeframe, there have been 5 Receivers drafted inside the Top-10. All 5 have succeeded for a hit rate of 100%

I choose to start in 2019 to make it more fair because that was the AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf draft where they were all 2nd rounders.
                          Also, if we take the predicted Top-10 Receivers this years. Does anyone believe baring injury of course, that the Big 3 of MHJ, Nabers, Odunze won’t be a success?
                          If they live up to the billing, that would be 8 for 8.

That’s why it’s going to be very difficult for this team to pass up MHJ or Nabers at #5 (IMHO).

Comment

Working...
                          X