Chargers at Titans Pre Game Discussion (Week 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Mack is also about done..... as in washed up....

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Should have traded him last year we could have got something for him. So sad.
      I wanted him gone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . of all of our high priced players he was the one I thought was most likely to fail . . . . . . . . . . we should have moved him when he had value (name recognition). No-one's going to give us a ham sandwich for him now . . . . . . . oh well

So our edge rushers for G2 are; 32 year old Mack, a gimpy Bosa (maybe), rookie Tuli, and a couple of UDFA's?? Inspiring . . . . . . . REALLY a good thing Tenn not a premier passing team . . . . . .

Prediction; Bosa plays hurt, is ineffective, and Staley praises him after the game for being a 'warrior' . . . . . . . . . .(rest of the team rolls eyes)

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

here ia s question......

When a teams players, year after year, are consistently in bad positions, take bad angles, dont know how to tackle, jump offsides when staring at football, and commit other bone headed penalties, .....etc..... Does this mean year after year we just choose and keep reallly bad, stupid football players?????...can they all really be this bad???

OR is this simply due to really poor coaching???????

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Makes sense to keep DJ in the box..... its his best most effective place to play him.... he can help stuff run, blitz QB's..... but James is not great in coverage..... too big and slow for that unless in short areas near LOS....+/- 5 yards.... but he is explosive in the box.... and QB's are afraid of him blitzing, so they will get rid of ball quickly...

And without Henley and Kendricks we have zero NFL quality LBers..... just a few ST guys.....
          This is the way to play Tenn given our injury situation . . . . . . . . plays to DJ's strengths and gives us a premium player in run support. He should also be our prime blitzer this game - we need to find a way to manufacture pressure. Fox needs to have a big game as well - pressure from inside is killer for Tannehill.

Frankly given our lack of talent at LB Derwin should be in the box all year long . . . . . . . . . we have DB's better at coverage than he is - let him do what he does well.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Who knows what motivates Joey? Money (maybe) - certainly not pride.

Remember those puff pieces over the summer; Bosa's working out with the team this year / we're going to see a different Bosa / he's bulked up to power thru OT's, yada yada yada? Looks like he's mailed it in . . . . . . . . . . .
            I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's not easy. He pulled his hammy and didn't touch Tua the entire game. I guess before I go totally negative I'll give him a few more games to show some sign he still belongs in the NFL, or not.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's not easy. He pulled his hammy and didn't touch Tua the entire game. I guess before I go totally negative I'll give him a few more games to show some sign he still belongs in the NFL, or not.
              You're a better man than I, but to be fair I'd have cut him after the Jville game (along with Staley - let them get their own flight home), so my angst has been brewing longer than yours . . . . . . . . . . I did NOT drink the Bosa koolaid being passed around this summer - I wanted to see him be better . . . . . . . . . . . so much for that

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                here ia s question......

When a teams players, year after year, are consistently in bad positions, take bad angles, dont know how to tackle, jump offsides when staring at football, and commit other bone headed penalties, .....etc..... Does this mean year after year we just choose and keep reallly bad, stupid football players?????...can they all really be this bad???

OR is this simply due to really poor coaching???????
                Some of each depending on the specific instance. While our offense does make mistakes, Moore has only 1 game with LAC so I'm guessing you're talking LAC's 36 games with Staley at HC / DC. The only thing our D has been consistently bad at is run D, which we were not last week. Moving forward we'll have to see. Currently, we're 7th best. Our pass D was #32 past week, #7 last year.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He touched Tua’s face mask.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

This is the way to play Tenn given our injury situation . . . . . . . . plays to DJ's strengths and gives us a premium player in run support. He should also be our prime blitzer this game - we need to find a way to manufacture pressure. Fox needs to have a big game as well - pressure from inside is killer for Tannehill.

Frankly given our lack of talent at LB Derwin should be in the box all year long . . . . . . . . . we have DB's better at coverage than he is - let him do what he does well.
                    Totally agree with that last part. Makes too much sense.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

We’ll have a better idea tomorrow at this time of whether Miami is truly an outlier offense that we just couldn’t defend or whether there are much deeper problems we’re facing.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Agree. Have Derwin 20 yards off the line of scrimmage and barely affecting play is not the best use of the guy who should be our best defensive player

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He touched Tua’s face mask.
                          Forgot about that . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X