Chargers at Titans Pre Game Discussion (Week 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

it's really not that difficult to understand, the dolphins just motioned the guys they were throwing the ball to so that the charger DBs couldn't jam them inside 5 yards to disrupt their timing style passing attack the way they did last year...So the chargers were not able to adjust, they just stayed in the man setup they prepared to play all week and the dolphins ate them alive...there were multiple times that DBs on the other side of the play could have made a pick or a PBU if they had been paying attention to who went into motion, but they were not prepared for that wrinkle and Staley didn't make the adjustment after giving up like 300 yards in the first half...so because Tua's rhythm and timing plays were not interrupted the chargers made him look like dan marino, LOL...
    So who can correct something like this in-game? Cuz it’s gonna happen..

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

LOL. This was hardly the problem yesterday.
      See 5:43-5:55 of the video.

Check out our other channels:NFL Mundo https://www.youtube.com/mundonflNFL Brasil https://www.youtube.com/c/NFLBrasilOficialNFL UK https://www.youtube.com/ch...

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

So who can correct something like this in-game? Cuz it’s gonna happen..
        Depends when/if it was noted by staff, meaning 2nd, 3rd quarter and how they countered.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

I think it is, very funny stuff...
          I hope so . . . . . . . . . I'm a fan of subtlety . . . .

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

See 5:43-5:55 of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJvCBKhHTEo
            you think one catch by the TE was the problem yesterday?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

So ekeler has a high ankle sprain? he's listed as questionable for the titans, not good news, he's the ultimate outlet guy for herbert...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

So ekeler has a high ankle sprain? he's listed as questionable for the titans, not good news, he's the ultimate outlet guy for herbert...
                Let's hope he can go. But if he can't, the upside is we will get to see what Dotson and Spiller can do. Plus, I have faith in Kelley, if he is #1 next week maybe he turns it into a statement game.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Passing game will have to carry us against the Titans game and pray the D holds up because we are not going to run for 200 yards on that defense, Ekeler or not.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Put me down for liking it: we won’t win games running 6 yards per carry, see Miami game. Herbert is our way to the post season, not Ekeler. Wing it, Moore.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Put me down for liking it: we won’t win games running 6 yards per carry, see Miami game. Herbert is our way to the post season, not Ekeler. Wing it, Moore.
                      OK...I will put you down for liking high ankle sprains.

As far as our rushing attack, I don't expect 30 first downs again, but I do expect to see 18-20 first downs against a very stout front in the Titans.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Chargers open as a 3 point favorite over the Titans in Nashville.

Discuss.
                        I'm VERY tempted to put money on the Titans. Last time we played them their QB got hurt early on and we still barely won the game...if I recall correctly. That looks like easy money.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                          Passing game will have to carry us against the Titans game and pray the D holds up because we are not going to run for 200 yards on that defense, Ekeler or not.
                          LOL, ekeler is KEY part of our passing game, herbert trusts him as much as he does Keenan in critical situations...one that he'll catch and convert and two that he'll pick up the blitzes, on the final drive Sunday ekeler was out and kelley failed to pick up a blitz on one play and also ran the wrong route on the other play where Herbert was called for intentional grounding, herbert was signaling on the field to Kelley that he was supposed to flare out, I've never seen herbert do that on the field with one of his teammates...there is a reason that kelley has taken so long to develop and why he is not considered more than a back up...the reason? it's from the neck up and between his ears which ekeler has kelley completely outclassed, one of the things that this forum fails to respect about ekeler's game how often he saves plays by picking up blitzes and recognition/understanding how he's supposed to break off his routes depending on different mismatches in games...
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X