Chargers at Titans Pre Game Discussion (Week 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Get Rumph III back in on packages !!! Hope he’s healed by Sunday.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers vs. Chargering View Post
      If Henley is healthy, he needs to start over Dogshit. Also, we need more Tuli. Nobody is talking crap about our DL. Why is that? Shit DL and Dogshit backing them up spells disaster.

Johnson and SJD combined for ZERO tackles and Bosa Mack 3. WTF?
      Murray was not good at covering the TE or RB swinging out, was he? I watched several plays yelling at him - GO BRO - STOP STARING AND GET OUT THERE.

Week 1. I'm holding my fire for now. I like the Chargers in Week 2, the Flip took a slight Dip but will soon be back on the Trip. Until then, just nothing but negative fans here impressing everyone with how bad they knew our team would be. I can't take a week of that shit, i'll be back in a couple days to check in.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Murray was not good at covering the TE or RB swinging out, was he? I watched several plays yelling at him - GO BRO - STOP STARING AND GET OUT THERE.

Week 1. I'm holding my fire for now. I like the Chargers in Week 2, the Flip took a slight Dip but will soon be back on the Trip. Until then, just nothing but negative fans here impressing everyone with how bad they knew our team would be. I can't take a week of that shit, i'll be back in a couple days to check in.
        LOL. This was hardly the problem yesterday.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Perhaps we wanted to run to win the time of possession by exploiting their run D and in theory reduce the number of possessions they had. It actually worked well for our O without needing to go deep. The problem was our D was so bad that it offset a 34 point turnover free showing by the O. I expect this will change week to week but there are not many coaches in the league who will go away from a running game that averaged just under 6 yards per carry on 40 attempts. Why would you?
          If my D is that bad, yes. Score quick and often, fuck TOP.

Comment

• AZBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Personally, I have lost all confidence in Coach Staley, not because of just Yesterdays performance, but his entire piece of work since he’s got here. He seems to have no clue on how to use his players in the proper schemes. I think he benefited tremendously for the extreme talent the Rams had when he coached them, building a reputation that he didn’t deserve, because of the extreme talent.

it is not understandable how the Chargers could be so good on defense against the dolphins last year, and so pathetic against basically the same offense this year. I can’t phantom why things could change so much.

Jackson wasn’t impressive before he got injured, and now he looks very substandard and slow…. Bosa and Mack were invisible yesterday not putting on any pressure and no tackles. I think James, Davis, and Samuel are good players, but our front seven downright sucks. I hope I am wrong, but every game will be a shoot out. But there’s hope because our Offense can be extremely good on any given day, and I am hopeful that coach can maximize our talent. I hope he starts to incorporate some deeper passing routes as the season progresses with Guyton and Davis. I was impressed with the running game yesterday, there were wide holes and the running backs capitalized on them, that was great to see. Haven’t seen that since the Tomlinson days.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
              If we can’t play defense, none of this matters
              Hoping it’s more Miami’s offense than necessarily our defense.

Comment

• SK21209
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2020
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Week 2 last season the Dolphins had a very similar offensive explosion against the Ravens. 42 points, Tua had 469 passing yards with 6 touchdowns, Hill went for 190 yards and 2 touchdowns. By the end of the season, the Ravens were a very strong defense (part of that was trading for Roquon Smith). The point is defenses can improve over the course of the season, and Staley's defense in particular is extremely complicated from a coverage standpoint. If players are healthy I don't think we're going to be the worst defense in the league like we were yesterday. But we need to be league average to be a playoff team, and a little better than that if we want to seriously contend.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I lost faith in Staley prior to him holding Joey's helmet against Jacksonville. So, I am further along in the 5 stages of grief, but my favorite theme when the chips are down - as they are here - is ask 'What do we have on the ship that's good?' Jim Lovell asked that during the Apollo 13 flight when they constructed a lifeboat to slingshot them around the moon. (A lifeboat in WEEK 1? Really, ghost)

Kellen Moore can scheme our offense to better protection. We learned an extra wide 9 stance is an angle Pipkens struggled with yesterday w/ J. Phillips off the edge. Second, DT Christian Wilkins in the 1 Gap beat Zion Johnson. Those were the largest breakdowns in protection. Next step is to look at Josh Kelley's pass pro on those reps, as they contributed heavily to our problems.

Remember, Ekeler's pass protection is superb and he was on the sideline looking like he tweaked something.

I haven't looked at the personnel group we were in either, but it stands to reason we were in 11 personnel. With 11 personnel, we can peel off McKitty and assign him
                  to chip the Wide 9 end in tandem with Pipkens. This action alone frees up the RB in pass protection to ignore the right side of the pocket and focus on the free rusher
                  in the 1 gap and the 5 gap.

This week's session is protections and audibles, and route discipline for Keenan Allen on his illegal motion. He has to come to a complete stop for one full second before
                  the snap. He knows this.

What did I miss for Kellen Moore's group, folks?

I saved the harshest for last, Everything on the defensive side of the ball is Staley > Telesco > John Spanos so I believe that area will remain firmly in the area
                  of those three buffoons and largely untenable, and the further John Spanos nests - like a tick - himself in player personnel, the more all-time futility records this franchise shatters. Grim, huh?

personnel groups.png
                  technique.png

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
                    Personally, I have lost all confidence in Coach Staley, not because of just Yesterdays performance, but his entire piece of work since he’s got here. He seems to have no clue on how to use his players in the proper schemes. I think he benefited tremendously for the extreme talent the Rams had when he coached them, building a reputation that he didn’t deserve, because of the extreme talent.

it is not understandable how the Chargers could be so good on defense against the dolphins last year, and so pathetic against basically the same offense this year. I can’t phantom why things could change so much.

Jackson wasn’t impressive before he got injured, and now he looks very substandard and slow…. Bosa and Mack were invisible yesterday not putting on any pressure and no tackles. I think James, Davis, and Samuel are good players, but our front seven downright sucks. I hope I am wrong, but every game will be a shoot out. But there’s hope because our Offense can be extremely good on any given day, and I am hopeful that coach can maximize our talent. I hope he starts to incorporate some deeper passing routes as the season progresses with Guyton and Davis. I was impressed with the running game yesterday, there were wide holes and the running backs capitalized on them, that was great to see. Haven’t seen that since the Tomlinson days.
                    it's really not that difficult to understand, the dolphins just motioned the guys they were throwing the ball to so that the charger DBs couldn't jam them inside 5 yards to disrupt their timing style passing attack the way they did last year...So the chargers were not able to adjust, they just stayed in the man setup they prepared to play all week and the dolphins ate them alive...there were multiple times that DBs on the other side of the play could have made a pick or a PBU if they had been paying attention to who went into motion, but they were not prepared for that wrinkle and Staley didn't make the adjustment after giving up like 300 yards in the first half...so because Tua's rhythm and timing plays were not interrupted the chargers made him look like dan marino, LOL...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

From my perspective, it looks like we match up well vs Titans.
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Defense has allowed 61 points in their last 6 quarters of play.

I believe this defense can hold Tennessee to 16 points. 30-16

Chargers 1-1.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          Get Rumph III back in on packages !!! Hope he’s healed by Sunday.
                          Hilarious!
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X