Chargers at Titans Pre Game Discussion (Week 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

THIS level of dominance was what I was expecting from Bosa all day - not just for a play or 2 . . . . . . . . . . . .

Notice Mack being singled up and handled on the left side . . . . . . . . . .
    Yes. But that is what Dolphins should do there.
    They spent pick #18 on the RT Jackson the year they drafted Tua #5 to protect the lefty blindsided. 3 years into his career ....If they have to help him vs edge rushers then he wasn't worth the pick.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Well we're going to get some good looks at the RB room. I expect we'll see all 3 tomorrow. Kelley, Spiller, Dotson. Should be interesting.

Comment

• colorado
        Fan since '62
        • Jun 2023
        • Desert Rat
        • Nothing but time on my hands
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        This entire board has allowed Mike McDaniel to get in its collectuve head.

It is all crazy talk.
        He had the ideal game plan and stuck with it. He punched us in the mouth.
        Last edited by colorado; 09-16-2023, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
          Well we're going to get some good looks at the RB room. I expect we'll see all 3 tomorrow. Kelley, Spiller, Dotson. Should be interesting.
          I expect to see all three active tomorrow too. And it will be interesting. The Titans were very good v the run last year, but the Chargers' OL is pretty good this season.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
            Miami - Jamaree Salyer scored a 65 grade, Zion Johnson, a 60.6, and Trey Pipkens a 60.8, Corey Linsley a 74.2. Rashawn Slater 80.9.

Chargers are going to need to show some stepped up consistency despite their oft dominance of the offensive line last Sunday.

I watched that game again and I think Salyer was solid. I'm warming up to him.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

THIS level of dominance was what I was expecting from Bosa all day - not just for a play or 2 . . . . . . . . . . . .

Notice Mack being singled up and handled on the left side . . . . . . . . . .
              Looks like the Mack Truck is sputtering...starting to run on fumes...

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Mack still has it he just plays way too many snaps he never stays fresh. Ideally we could run a 50/50 rotation with Bosa, Mack, Van Noy, & Tuli. That would be a very nice rotation. But evidently Telesco doesn't want anything to do with Van Noy.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                  here ia s question......

When a teams players, year after year, are consistently in bad positions, take bad angles, dont know how to tackle, jump offsides when staring at football, and commit other bone headed penalties, .....etc..... Does this mean year after year we just choose and keep reallly bad, stupid football players?????...can they all really be this bad???

OR is this simply due to really poor coaching???????
                  Maybe, but guys have been taught to not jump offsides since they were 8. They had a lot of bad coaches for a really long time.

Tackling coaching in the NFL has been a problem for the last decade or so when the NFLPA negotiated out contact practice from practice, more or less. Its key to draft players that already know how to tackle well as they won’t get a lot of tackling coaching at the pro level - thats TT’s job and he hasn’t been great at it.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                    I've added Kelley to my fantasy football roster this week. Let's hope he pays off for me AND for our team.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                      Mack still has it he just plays way too many snaps he never stays fresh. Ideally we could run a 50/50 rotation with Bosa, Mack, Van Noy, & Tuli. That would be a very nice rotation. But evidently Telesco doesn't want anything to do with Van Noy.
                      Don't understand the aversion to Van Noy...the dude made a lot of plays last season...he's still a FA...maybe he's asking for too much coin...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Re Van Noy, the reason given for not retaining him was that the Chargers wanted to get younger.

BTW Popper, upon film study, observed that K9 had one terrible play, but otherwise played ok. Murray is not completely unprepared to wear the green dot.

We shall see what happens.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Maybe, but guys have been taught to not jump offsides since they were 8. They had a lot of bad coaches for a really long time.

Tackling coaching in the NFL has been a problem for the last decade or so when the NFLPA negotiated out contact practice from practice, more or less. Its key to draft players that already know how to tackle well as they won’t get a lot of tackling coaching at the pro level - thats TT’s job and he hasn’t been great at it.
                          sorry, but players(just like most employees) still need to be reminded constantly to not do stupid things.... even belly cheat call his team to sdelines once in awhile to tell them things like dont intercept ball on 4th down.... etc.... and those who dont follow rules get cut.....

the best teams still break the rules and tackle in practice...they just pay the fines..... Chargers do not....

Comment

Working...
                          X