We Need to Cut Kenneth Murray (or not...)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers vs. Chargering
    Banned
    • Sep 2023
    • Send PM

We Need to Cut Kenneth Murray (or not...)

He is costing us games. Just cut him and start Henley. He is a liability at this point. Bring in a free agent LB that is available as anyone else will be better than a pile of stinky shit. This article spells it out and the only reason he is still starting is because TT wasted draft capital to move up to draft him in the 1st Round. What a waste, literally and figuratively.

Quote from the article.

Overreaction: Kenneth Murray is the worst player in the NFL

It’s been going on four years of watching terrible linebacker play from the team as a whole, but every year, Murray disappoints more and more, which should be impossible at this point. Murray is never in the right place, he can’t tackle in space, and he often collides with his teammates, resulting in missed opportunities for turnovers or, worse, injuries. In the Wild Card playoff matchup between the Chargers and the Jaguars last season, Murray collided with Michael Davis – who was playing at CB1 for the year – which quickly ended his season with a back injury. From that point forward, the defense progressively worsened as the Jaguars continued to score points while the Chargers scrambled to fix their sudden personnel issue in the secondary. On Sunday, Murray collided with multiple players and gave many fans flashbacks to that very moment from last season. Murray should have been cut last year, but instead, Los Angeles decided to make him LB2 again – for what reason I cannot understand.

Banned
    • Sep 2023
    • Send PM

image.png
    Last edited by Chargers vs. Chargering; 09-13-2023, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Pretty dramatic...but I tend to agree...if Henley was healthy, he well may have been more effective, particularly vs that offense.

Dont worry...hot seat year, and Staley isnt afraid to bench vets...K9 will either come around, or play himself out of a job.
      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Funny I was just going to create this thread this morning.

I rewatched the game last night and replayed multiple plays throughout the game. K9 should be benched. If not cut. He is flat out terrible in coverage. He can't find the right hole to hit like some crosseyed pimple nosed virgin.

Seriously though. He has NO clue how the play is developing in front of him. He is ALWAYS 2 steps to late.

2nd down and long in the 2nd quarter. Derwin flashes from the edge (way to fast! over ran it) forcing Mostert to kind of side step forward, which made the B gab a doubtful prospect and the A gap is where he should have filled. But no. Dipshit jumps the B gap has to now full on do a superman saving dive backwards for a modest 8 YARD GAIN THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STUFFED AT THE LOS.

At this point I'd almost lobby for Moses Moreno....

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Admin note... I changed the title. Profanity and cuss words are ok in the forum threads (if not a personal attack), but its not a good look to have them in the title. Yeah, there is one key exception, but that's it.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Lol. I tried telling you'll in preseason.....

Comment

Banned
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              Lol. I tried telling you'll in preseason.....
              I tried telling you last year.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Murray isn't getting cut. He'll walk when his contract expires. All we can hope for is Henley gets healthy and takes over. I was very skeptical reading Popper's article about how this could be Murray's year and while only one game this season with our new LB coach, consider me underwhelmed again.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Murray isn't getting cut. He'll walk when his contract expires. All we can hope for is Henley gets healthy and takes over. I was very skeptical reading Popper's article about how this could be Murray's year and while only one game this season with our new LB coach, consider me underwhelmed again.
                  He is guaranteed money - so released or on the roster - pay is the same

they traded up to get him
                  Telesco and the organization will not want to admit they made a bad pick and another failed draft day trade by Tommy Gettleman

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Yes, absolutely. K9 completely sums ups TT's career in the draft. Pretty fitting. JT Woods is on his way to being the next disappointment.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

What I don’t know all the intricacies of positions. What I do know is K9 had over 100 tackles his rookie year. That gave a lot of fans hope. And watching other players along the line play their positions differently than what they have been so dominate at their careers. Like Bosa and Mack. Stop standing them up and get their hands in the dirt and get after the QB.

I honestly think Staley had been the downfall for K9. Staley’s D is overthought with too many moving pieces. K9 has all the attributes to be a great player and I think he can be when he gets out of Staley’s D. I honestly think a lot of players along the front 7 will be better once they get out of Staley’s D.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Yes, absolutely. K9 completely sums ups TT's career in the draft. Pretty fitting. JT Woods is on his way to being the next disappointment.
                        Look at this past Sunday and the draft picks
                        McKitty - did he play
                        Palmer - one catch, four yards ( I get the offense put up some big numbers but thats nothing that great)
                        Jaime - inactive
                        JT Woods - who?
                        Murray -

These are prime mid level draft picks that are nto contributing. And this has been a pattern going back to Chris Watt, Craig Mager, Perry the LB.

Comment

Working...
                        X