We Need to Cut Kenneth Murray (or not...)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m following you on this question, I didnt notice either. He played 37 snaps … official stats 1 tackle, 2 assists. For IDL there’s often more to the story though, and that I don’t really know. Glad to see he got that many reps.

Derwin and K9 tied with 7 tackles each. K9 is piling up a hell of a season since after the Miami game where he was still tentative or .. something. 60 tackles thru 8 games ain’t baby powder and he is looking more confident and decisive each game.
    K9. What can I say.

He went from from a whiffing torpedo, to making 1 good play every now and then, to getting some decent production, to damn he's out there hitting dudes, to becoming a legit open field physical tackler, to en-route towards a 120-tackle season.

K9 is the true future leader of the defense imho....not Derwin James. Who's with me?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

K9. What can I say.

He went from from a whiffing torpedo, to making 1 good play every now and then, to getting some decent production, to damn he's out there hitting dudes, to becoming a legit open field physical tackler, to en-route towards a 120-tackle season.

K9 is the true future leader of the defense imho....not Derwin James. Who's with me?
      I’m projecting to more like 150 tackle season but yeah - he has emerged as a Lb force. I see him both getting re-signed and wearing one of the “C” patches on his jersey next year but I think the team has hugely greater respect for Derwin than TPB does.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

K9. What can I say.

K9 has the green dot.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

K9 has the green dot.
          Love the way he intimidates offensive players after the hit. I sure hope we can keep him for a good price.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Love the way he intimidates offensive players after the hit. I sure hope we can keep him for a good price.
            Hard to believe, even a year ago, we could be thinking this about K9...late bloomer...I also hope we can afford to keep him...him and Henley would make a nice duo back there.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

K9 has the green dot.
              That speaks of their trust in him but they want the green dot in the middle of the D where Dot-man can communicate to both the DL and the Secondary. Dot-man is the guy with the ear piece to the coaches. That doesn't in itself settle any K9 vs DJ question on the table. The majority of teams put the dot on a LB
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Bump...

He does have the welcome thread, but he's a vet now, and is playing like one. Is he now a keeper Free Agent after the season? Like running backs, inside line backers are relatively inexpensive for a franchise tag.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That speaks of their trust in him but they want the green dot in the middle of the D where Dot-man can communicate to both the DL and the Secondary. Dot-man is the guy with the ear piece to the coaches. That doesn't in itself settle any K9 vs DJ question on the table. The majority of teams put the dot on a LB
                  Derwin had it. They took it away

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

K9. What can I say.

Now the $64 million dollar question is...since this is the last year of his deal, is K9 making legit progress that will continue next season? Or is he suddenly playing well because he's in a contract year? Hope he doesn't pull a Butler...sigh...

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Bump...

He does have the welcome thread, but he's a vet now, and is playing like one. Is he now a keeper Free Agent after the season? Like running backs, inside line backers are relatively inexpensive for a franchise tag.
                      Maybe a one year prove it deal like for $5 million. Otherwise I rather keep Gilman long term.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Dare I say he finally doesn’t suck to increase his FA value? That would be one strange attitude to finally decide not to suck.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          Dare I say he finally doesn’t suck to increase his FA value? That would be one strange attitude to finally decide not to suck.
                          It's been done before...
                          Butler
                          Gaither
                          Moaning Mel
                          Ingram
                          Vato

Comment

Working...
                          X