• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

For whatever reason I didn't think he checked out of a play to run that stupid play. Yeah if JH did that, it was a fail. Titans have strong D line. Probably one of the best run D's in the league.

If I were Moore I would tell Herbert to never do that again. Make sure Herbert understands he is the captain, and he runs or passes it. Now if we had been running well all day then I would support the check down.
    Especially on 3rd and 4...it struck me as kind of an odd play to run in that situation.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The Athletic reposted it to stand behind their reporter that has never had a issue as beat reporter, until this with a salty Staley.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Just finished watching the highlight film of the game. Anyone who thinks Herbert sucks is smoking crack. Incredibly tough front seven from Tennessee with our mediocre oline killed us. Combine Titans excellent run game and we didn't match up well unless we scored touchdowns. Like I said if you need two oline you have to draft 4 players to get a 50% success rate. Moore just learned the hard way that we don't run the ball well against top tier defenses.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Especially without our only real legit RB Ekeler.The other guys ain't it.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Deion has been a head coach at the college level for two-and-a-half seasons (his first year was cut in half because of COVID). He had two very good years at Jackson State, although he was 0-2 in bowl games. This is his first season at the Division I-A level. He's 3-0 at Colorado so far and is worthy of being the top story in college football right now. It's WAY TOO EARLY to say he's a top candidate for an NFL head coaching job, though.

But I could see the Spanos family doing this to bring in more money. It would be interesting to see if Deion would trade Justin Herbert for the first overall pick just so he could have his son play quarterback. Deion with the Chargers would be the craziest story in sports, for sure.
            Herbert would be his guy Franchise Quarterback. Maybe it would make the game fun for him and change his overall enthusiasm for Football.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
              Just finished watching the highlight film of the game. Anyone who thinks Herbert sucks is smoking crack. Incredibly tough front seven from Tennessee with our mediocre oline killed us. Combine Titans excellent run game and we didn't match up well unless we scored touchdowns. Like I said if you need two oline you have to draft 4 players to get a 50% success rate. Moore just learned the hard way that we don't run the ball well against top tier defenses.
              Your making it sound as if the Titans are a great football team. They are not. Their front four is good, that's about it. Many here said we have one of the best O lines
              in the league. Now the tune has changed. Zion has been a problem in pass protection, nothing new there. Pipkins is going to be exposed against the quicker pass
              rushers in the league, nothing new there. The Titans offense won the game by two huge long passes, not the run. Our D cannot stop the run or pass. Our offense
              cannot convert on 3rd downs. These are the problems that need immediate solutions. The Titans were not the problem, we were.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Pimpkins got owned on that third down play. He’s been a liability. I don’t know why we don’t take a shot at Lael Collins. A lot of guys wanted Pimpkins signed. I don’t know why. He just isn’t quick.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

This game was not one of Herbert's strongest, but 2 for 13 in first down conversions is losing football.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

I have calmed down a bit a day later. The offense sputtering looks like it can be fixed. The defense I have have no idea. I gotta stop buying this off-season hype

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Not necessarily.

Steve Haglund - I wouldn’t be surprised if Jim was having discussions ABOUT the Chargers but there’s no way he’s been having discussions WITH the Chargers, and this was only after week 1. No chance.

Just because I posted the man's name, doesn't mean I would support this move.
                      This could just as much be Harbaugh to the Rams as McVay wants to retire.

Comment

• DennisR91
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                        I have calmed down a bit a day later. The offense sputtering looks like it can be fixed. The defense I have have no idea. I gotta stop buying this off-season hype
                        Good idea I go play checker and come back to chess later

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

This could just as much be Harbaugh to the Rams as McVay wants to retire.
                          https://www.si.com/nfl/rams/news/los-angeles-rams-sean-mcvay-return-retire-head-coach-super-bowl

You're right. McVay is going to retire.

Comment

Working...
                          X