• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Herbert isn’t perfect, but c’mon. The Chargers won 9 games in 2021 and 10 games in 2022. In those 19 wins, Herbert had TEN game winning drives in the 4th quarter or OT. TEN. More than half our wins. The Herbert isn’t clutch is just so wrong. Perfect? Nope. Does he miss receivers at time? Yep, just like every QB who ever played in the NFL. Can he play better? Sure. But it’s a bit much to ask him to have to be Superman every single game..
    Around the NFL they ask would Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow blow a 27-0 lead in a playoff game?? We might not like it, but that question is definitely out there

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

There is a very fair expectation for him to be elite for 52 million, not just good most of the time.

He is the 2nd highest paid player in football FFS. Step it up
      How about the punter stepping up - Stenhouse outkicked his ass all day

How about an OLine - just one damn play, that 3rd and 3 - just sucking it up, one play and giving Herbert time to make a play

How about SJD not taking a 15 yarder to give them a free 15 and first down where the Titans got 7 instead of a FG attempt

How about up 11 - they give up 70 yards - or that other drive - the defense gives up 50

You can blame Herbert more than anybody - thats fine. But there is plenty of blame to go around

How about a coaching staff - not sure what Moore was thinking? Or how about on that 3rd and 3 - taking a time out and figuring the best play to call - so everybody is on the same page

Herbert needs to play better - sure he does. But jeez - I will say it again, if the coaches and other 52 players consistently were at Herberts level of play - this team would be much better.

and oh yes, the VP of Football Ops is an idiot and his GM isn't much smarter

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

3rd and 10, game on the line, the O is discombobulated and running out of time, maybe someone should call a timeout.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          3rd and 10, game on the line, the O is discombobulated and running out of time, maybe someone should call a timeout.
          I saw that. Mike Williams didn't even finish going in motion..

Comment

• Scharnhorst43
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            Fouts, Brees, Rivers and now Herbert all high level QBs cant seem to get the job done as Chargers.
            Gents, we have changed our home city, our GM, our coaching staffs and our players and NONE of that makes any difference.
            the real solution??? somewhere down a back alley off Bourbon Street in New Orleans is a voodoo doll with a charger jersey and it has a big needle right through the brain.
            until we find that doll and remove the needle its going to be more of the same horror.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’ll ride or die with Herbie. Staley - I’ll be nice and remain hopeful while he’s still here. Moore - hasn’t shown the brilliance when the lights got the brightest.

K9 played a better game than the complete shit he’s given us for 3+ years. There’s your positive.
              I told you all "it's TIME for K9 to SHINE!"
              (well, I guess one positive out of about 10 isn't too bad...considering they're the Chargers...)

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How about the punter stepping up - Stenhouse outkicked his ass all day

How about an OLine - just one damn play, that 3rd and 3 - just sucking it up, one play and giving Herbert time to make a play

How about SJD not taking a 15 yarder to give them a free 15 and first down where the Titans got 7 instead of a FG attempt

How about up 11 - they give up 70 yards - or that other drive - the defense gives up 50

You can blame Herbert more than anybody - thats fine. But there is plenty of blame to go around

How about a coaching staff - not sure what Moore was thinking? Or how about on that 3rd and 3 - taking a time out and figuring the best play to call - so everybody is on the same page

Herbert needs to play better - sure he does. But jeez - I will say it again, if the coaches and other 52 players consistently were at Herberts level of play - this team would be much better.

and oh yes, the VP of Football Ops is an idiot and his GM isn't much smarter
                I get it...plenty of blame to go around...and again not putting all the blame in Herbert

Just finding I cant keep defending Herbert against all the pundits who say he is a bit over rated, good but not great. The elite QBs find ways to makes game winning drives the last 3 games and they win more than Herbert does...with no excuses like the ones you are giving

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
                  JH needs JH
                  • Dec 2021
                  • SW FL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  This team feels indistinguishable from the Norv/McCoy/Lynn years
                  exactly, we've seen this horror movie before.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

most teams today are using 3 or 4 WR sets..... Chargers stay with 2-3 TE's (as if TE was a super strong group?)....

Why do coaches on this team choose to build an offense focused on our weakest talent group(TE) over one of our strongest groups, (WR)????

Big lineup vs smaller quicker lineup???.... more of a ground and pound approach.....

I'm not sure of what the ultimate vision is for this team and its approach?

I was hoping it would be to have a big mean fast aggressive defense that shuts down the run and causes lots of turnovers..... and our offense can pound it when its third and short and goal line situations.... while aggressively gashing defenses via the downfield pass, with goals of scoring as many points as possible, while only slowing down to run out clock late in games....?

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
                      JH needs JH
                      • Dec 2021
                      • SW FL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Josh Kelly just a guy. We’re doa without Ekeler
                      How long is Ekeler expected to be out?

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        Daboll Giants have been outscores 0-40
                        And now to the Cardinals they are down 0-14.

Coaching? Roster?
                        I dont think a Daniel Jones lead team can do anything special. I think the entire roster knows they can't ever go to a Superbowl with him at QB.

Daboll about to lose the locker room or already has.

Posts that don't age well for $100.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Posts that don't age well for $100.
                          Dam...Cardinals are Chargering! LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X