Chargers (-1.5) vs Vikings Pregame Discussion (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Belicheat, hard No. We can win without cheating. Maybe. But cheating? I’d rather lose.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      This is the dumbest thing I've uttered in years, but if Kraft dumps Bill Belichick, Deano scoops him up. Not a doubt in my mind. Lotta ifs there, but I would bet the farm on it.
      But...the question is...would Belicheat want to work for Deano?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        You gotta pay Bellicheck what he wants.

This is a Pat Riley reset. This is a Phil Jackson reset. This team doesn’t need a guy to pat them on the back. They need someone to kick them in the ass.

I think Stayley is a great guy. He’s a guy I’d watch football with. Watch basketball with. play golf with.

but coaching a team. Leading these guys. Some entitled. Not the right one.

Belicheck is a guy who’s gonna be on his players. Be in his papers. be in his notes. With the media that question about the Jaguars. He’d ignore and say do you guys wanna talk about Minnesota?

He’d call Joey Bosa out in front of everybody and call him a pussy. And Joey wouldn’t say shit because of six rings. He’d say what the fuck are you doing with your penalties.

And you know what he’d probably make Joey Bosa a hall of famer.

he’d take Sebastian and turn him into Vince Wolfork

Tutu would be Richard Seymour.

He has an ability to disguise things that confuses people. Even the dolphin game.

And most importantly with our team. He’d tell and make Justin Herbert hold guys accountable. Run the right fucking offense. Get on these guys. Get on the coaches.

I think that’s what he did with Tom. Taking Ownership do your own job.

I learned a lot watching those.

it might seem boring. But they win. Maybe he can protect JC

Malcolm Butler wasn’t shit when he left the patriots. Maybe he’d turn Asante into his dad.

with this talent I just think we have to be careful.

if you own the team and really want to win. And really want to take over this town. Show this fanbase you care from Los Angeles Culver City to Mission Valley.

Hire the best. Telesco your son. They all fall in line.

cause when Bellicheck puts the 6 rings down everybody in the organization listens.

Bellicheck is a competitor. New England is not in a win win with Tua Allen the Jets.

only win is the 6,6 surfer kid in Los Angeles. The next Brady. Oh yeah it’s L.A. to.
        One more thing---Belicheat would be ON THEIR CASE for whiffing on all those tackles...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Our run D is improving, keyed by K9.

Control the line of scrimmage.

Find a way to scheme and minimize Jefferson damage.
          Jam Jefferson at the LOS...then DOUBLE COVER HIM. EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Moore will run the ball. That's a done deal. Min is #29 run D, #8 vs pass. We'll run to set up the pass.
            On D all we can do is pray. The Vikes have a very good, #2 pass O. So far we're NFL last at pass D. We have to keep QB pressure constant to have a chance. That's a definite maybe. We're pretty good at bringing pressure, not so great at coverage.
            It will come down to - is our worse better than their worse? YUCK . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Jam Jefferson at the LOS...then DOUBLE COVER HIM. EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY.
              He is very good.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                This is the dumbest thing I've uttered in years, but if Kraft dumps Bill Belichick, Deano scoops him up. Not a doubt in my mind. Lotta ifs there, but I would bet the farm on it.
                Not a chance in the world that the Spanos would hire BB, and not a chance in the world BB would work for the Spanos . . . . . . . .

I agree - you're in lala land . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Not a chance in the world that the Spanos would hire BB, and not a chance in the world BB would work for the Spanos . . . . . . . .

I agree - you're in lala land . . . . . . . . .
                  I will repeat myself: Dean and AG would grab John by the ears and say 'Belichick gets the all-time coaching wins on our team. Think of the money! We are doing this.'

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                    [B][U]

I disagree.

Cousins and his receiving corp are head and shoulders better than Tenn. Essentially this game is strong on weak - on both sides of the ball. We'll see whose offense can put up the most points (OR whose defense is worst). I'm not optimistic that our O will be better than theirs, or that our D will be better . . . . . . . . . . . Minn could very easily put up over 30 on us, as long as Cousins doesn't screw up. We need to see that Tenn pressure package again against Minn. Cousins is a statue and can be negatively affected by pressure . . . . . . . We can't let him stand back there and pat the ball while his guys eat us alive . . . . .
                    Oh, they ARE dangerous. But if we play our game--do what we do best--I like our chances.
                    I think we actually pretty much agree.
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The fact that Staley didn’t call a timeout on that broken 3rd down in OT is really telling in regards to his in-game coaching abilities.

Daniel Popper: Mike Will was on the wrong side on 3rd down in OT.

We have inconsistency amongst our highest-paid players, last week Keenan was called for illegal motion. Knowing it's a quick snap cadence, just call a timeout? I don't think Herbert felt empowered to call a timeout. Do I think Moore, Herbert, and Mike Will get on the same page about the entirety of the play? 100%.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

If these chargers are serious about a championship it’s Bellicheck. I just want what’s best for our players.

and everybody can talk until the cows come home about culture.

there’s only two guys Bellicheck and Tomlin. Tomlins never leaving Pittsburg. But there has been friction with Bellicheck.

Comment

• rensoul
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                          If these chargers are serious about a championship it’s Bellicheck. I just want what’s best for our players.

and everybody can talk until the cows come home about culture.

there’s only two guys Bellicheck and Tomlin. Tomlins never leaving Pittsburg. But there has been friction with Bellicheck.
                          Belichick is used to having power over personnel decisions as well as HC duties in New England. Why would he come to the Chargers with this ownership situation?

Comment

Working...
                          X