Chargers (-1.5) vs Vikings Pregame Discussion (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

As for QJ it’s simple. If you ball. You get on the field. I really don’t care.

I don’t make excuses for players. Justin Jefferson made Adam Thielen the secondary receiver in the prime of his career.

Puka is owning shit in L.A. and taking targets.

Terrell Owens made the 49ers get rid of Jerry Rice.

Kennan and Mike Williams are great productive receivers I need to see Quentin be great.

as for game game plan Herbert is best in shotgun moving around making plays. Steinchin had a great plan. But based on Jalen Hurts season he knows what he’s doing with Quarterbacks.

Kellen is a smart mind. But let’s not just be script and get this guy in space. 4th quarter he was cooking and the Titans didn’t know what was coming at them.

Overtime we went to the same Vanilla stuff.

negete the blitz probably use more dump off quick outs to backs and receivers Mahomes is one of the best against the blitz because they scheme it. We need to do more of that.

We can run a tone on these guys and that looks like where the game plan is going. Run keep Justin Jefferson off the field. Don’t get vanilla on it and they will key on what your doing. I want the tight ends involved early. I want Herbert putting his stamp on the team.

This team should use the Tom Brady approach quick dump offs. Cause the blitz comes quick.

matchups Pimpkins against Zaduirs Smith. Gotta help him. That could get ugly.

Minnesotas a bad team. We have to be careful with Jefferson and Addison. They are turning into a nice duo. I think they jumped the gun on Cook. Mattinson is not ready to be the lead guy.

Chargers 34- Vikings 21.

Comment

• colorado
      Fan since '62
      • Jun 2023
      • Desert Rat
      • Nothing but time on my hands
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      What is Ekeler's status for this game? I believe his absence in Tenn was the difference between winning and losing. They need him on the field.
      I saw the same thing...

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Man we got the Vikings next who are also 0-2 and are a franchise known for choking. Yet most bolt fans are acting like its the 2007 patriots. Staley defense can play like ass all they want and shook fans can hide under bolt blankets doesnt matter Herbert and Allen hanging 35 on them and taking the W.

15 games left and dudes are talking about '24 draft, like get real. The doom talk can be funny sometimes but its just plain sad when our team has players as tough and talented as we do.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

The Vikings got Akins in a trade with the Rams. They may run more than they have been thus far.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He DNP yesterday. Sounds like he doesn't want to play unless he's close to 100% aka not taking any chances or sacrificing for the franchise
            He has $1.75 million worth of incentives on the line. He'll play if he can.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He has $1.75 million worth of incentives on the line. He'll play if he can.
              This. ^^^^^^^

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                as for game game plan Herbert is best in shotgun moving around making plays.
                I prefer Herbie under center...better for handoffs, play action, and passing game...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                    Let's do this!
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Raleigh N. Carolina
                    • Send PM

Rumph, Henley!

Eck doesn't need to practice, let's see if he makes the trip...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
                      Rumph, Henley!

Eck doesn't need to practice, let's see if he makes the trip...
                      Vikes Center Bradbury is lacking of sand in his pants. Hopefully he's a go and we eat him up.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• PR#1
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Bosa on the injury report again ?

I'm completely shocked !

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Vets gotta be ashamed...players have blown it at just the wrong time...coaches maybe too...coaches and stars gotta get this team focused and pissed...keep it in front of you, force them to have to make many attempts...let them make the mistakes when we are defending...be aggressive with the pass rush, but be smart and conservative in the defensive backfield. This Vikings team is nothing without their big plays...perfect time to fix this issue...KEEP IT IN FRONT OF YOU...

More Tuli.
                          Henley if he is healthy.
                          More Q.
                          More Spiller. See what we have while Ekelor is out.

Move Herbert around some more...roll outs, and designed QB option draws...the kid ain't Lamar Jackson, but he has some legs...use them! It is a huge issue with defenses, if they know you will, vs if they know you are trying to avoid him running...HUGE difficulty for the defense, if they have to realize and defend that threat...

You can want to marry the run to the pass, by setting up the pass with the run... but don't be stubborn about it, or the other team knows your direction...mix it up a bit, and get that kid moving around...that always frustrates the front 7 of the other team. The defense has been the issue, but we could have put some games away...but called plays I could have predicted from my friggin couch at crucial times.

In the end, it comes down to this...we definitely "Chargered" the last 2 games...we had em', and blew it. Don't see it happening 3 times in a row. We got this...and we got the Raiders. Go into the bye with some renewed energy, and come out with some momentum against the Boyz and Chiefs, and get this ol' girl turned around...

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X