Chargers (-1.5) vs Vikings Pregame Discussion (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Can we stop them from laying 35 on our defense?
    I simply do not think we can.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

If I was a gambling man I'd be all over that. The Vikings are a better football team than last season despite their 0-2 record IMO. The only reason they're 0-2 is because they've fumbled the ball away in both games. They outplayed philly in philly and should have won that game and last year they had no chance of outplaying philly. Their defense doesn't have much talent but they can actually get stops now Flores is a massive upgrade over Donatell and he dictates the terms of how offenses play.

Our offense has yet to turn the ball over this season. This is probably the week that changes. Our secondary has no chance of covering their receivers.

The only chance to win this game is pressuring Cousins into sack fumbles and that might be enough but I doubt it. I had us going 0-3 to open the season and will stick with that. 0-3 hosting the 'fade in week 4 with Staley's job on the line.

Comment

• colorado
        Fan since '62
        • Jun 2023
        • Desert Rat
        • Nothing but time on my hands
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I simply do not think we can.
        Going to be another nail bitter...

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

To me the Chargers games are no longer even nail biters... This current HC has taken all the fun out of the Chargers and their games... These games and their outcomes are all too predictable and there's no progress or many great plays, just players getting beat and always out of position and folding when it matters most. Yesterdays game was a bore and the outcome was like all the rest of the games under this coach. I guess you could call it uninspired football. When it gets to the point where we begin rooting for the Chargers to lose games so this coach can get fired and we can have a higher draft pick that's where I draw the line. I don't know about you but after these last 4 games under Staley and listening to him talk, I'm starting to watch the games under this mind set, and I hate rooting for the Chargers to lose, but here we are.

I'm starting to truly believe Anthony Lynn was a better head coach. Remember that Bills game!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
            To me the Chargers games are no longer even nail biters... This current HC has taken all the fun out of the Chargers and their games... These games and their outcomes are all too predictable and there's no progress or many great plays, just players getting beat and always out of position and folding when it matters most. Yesterdays game was a bore and the outcome was like all the rest of the games under this coach. I guess you could call it uninspired football. When it gets to the point where we begin rooting for the Chargers to lose games so this coach can get fired and we can have a higher draft pick that's where I draw the line. I don't know about you but after these last 4 games under Staley and listening to him talk, I'm starting to watch the games under this mind set, and I hate rooting for the Chargers to lose, but here we are.

I'm starting to truly believe Anthony Lynn was a better head coach. Remember that Bills game!
            No, Lynn was an epic fail...yes, he had a few good games, but have you forgotten all the bonehead game calls he made in his final season? Nope, Staley is just one more mediocre (and frequently inept) coach in a long, sad parade including Noggin-Numbing Norv, Milquetoast Mikey, Lackluster Lynn and now Stale Staley...
            (Hat tip to AFBoltfan for the Noggin idea on Norv...)
            Last edited by Topcat; 09-18-2023, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              If I was a gambling man I'd be all over that. The Vikings are a better football team than last season despite their 0-2 record IMO. The only reason they're 0-2 is because they've fumbled the ball away in both games. They outplayed philly in philly and should have won that game and last year they had no chance of outplaying philly. Their defense doesn't have much talent but they can actually get stops now Flores is a massive upgrade over Donatell and he dictates the terms of how offenses play.

Our offense has yet to turn the ball over this season. This is probably the week that changes. Our secondary has no chance of covering their receivers.

The only chance to win this game is pressuring Cousins into sack fumbles and that might be enough but I doubt it. I had us going 0-3 to open the season and will stick with that. 0-3 hosting the 'fade in week 4 with Staley's job on the line.
              You must be kidding? Philly ran all over them and had a big lead. The score made it look closer than it was.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Can we stop them from laying 35 on our defense?
                Can we stop Stale Staley from laying another goose egg?

Comment

• AFboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Balboa Park bench
                  • Medical Simulation
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No, Lynn was an epic fail...yes, he had a few good games, but have you forgotten all the bonehead game calls he made in his final season? Nope, Staley is just one more mediocre (and frequently inept) coach in a long, sad parade including Norv, Milquetoast Mikey, Lackluster Lynn and now Stale Staley...
                  The Garbage Pale Kids of the Chargers LMAOOO! Mind-Numbing Norv, Milquetoast Mikey, Lackluster Lynn, and Stale Staley looool.... Who's next?

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You must be kidding? Philly ran all over them and had a big lead. The score made it look closer than it was.
                    No I'm not kidding watch the entire game. Flores dictated game flow with his alignments. When he wanted to stop the run in the 1st half he stopped it. Philly only ran in the 2nd half when Flores went into a cover 2 shell and decided he'd let Philly beat him running. Minnesota fumbled the ball away on a big return, fumbled it again into the end zone on a scoring play, and I think they had another fumble in there too. Erase those fumbles and it's an entirely different game.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No, Lynn was an epic fail...yes, he had a few good games, but have you forgotten all the bonehead game calls he made in his final season? Nope, Staley is just one more mediocre (and frequently inept) coach in a long, sad parade including Norv, Milquetoast Mikey, Lackluster Lynn and now Stale Staley...
                      Nervous Norvy? Gotta keep the alliteration going!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Ok who's got JJ ?
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

This is like the battle of the best 0-2 teams in the league! Vikings and the Chargers...talent pool is very high on the offensive side of the ball for both teams. Now it's a race to see who provide the best defensive stops. LOL!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X