Raiders @ Chargers (-4) vs Pregame Discussion (Wk 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't know about that. The back up QB(s) is always the most popular or feared player when a starting QB struggles. Garoppolo gives the Raiders the best chance to win, the best chance to beat the Chargers' defense.

The Raiders' rookie QB looked good playing against practice squad players in the preseason so he's getting a lot of hype. But against a real NFL defense he would be totally out of his depth. Hoyer is aged journeyman who has 0-12 in starts since 2016.

Garoppolo was in the Super Bowl a few years ago. He had a lot of success for the 49ers. I would not dismiss him or take him lightly. And I'm sorry, but the notion that the rookie gives the Raiders a better chance to win is just not reality.
    I've seen Jimmy play plenty the past few years. Whether it's his O-line, coaching, new teammates, or whatever, he's playing a lot worse then he did in SF. Anyone who has actually watched him play this season can see he's not 2019 Jimmy or the player that beat the Packers in the playoffs.

Also, you seem to be really convinced you know their rookie Qb is a bust without him ever taking a single snap.

That's such a close minded statement it's ridiculous to even debate about considering literally almost all Qb's that enter the NFL start off playing in pre-season before getting regular season game reps whether they end up successful or a bust.

He may not be any good but I do know he can make throws Jimmy can't and that just the unknown gives an advantage for a couple games to a new Qb until teams get game tape on the player.

It happens literally almost every single season. Mike White, Stidham, Huntley, Purdy, etc. etc..

So Jimmy playing like crap throwing 6 int's the past 3 games, averaging 15 points a game on offense and easier to game plan for, or an unknown rookie that can throw to all 3 levels and has limited tape.

I'd rather see Jimmy play.
    Last edited by rensoul; 09-28-2023, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

I really feel like we are going to beat the shit out of the Raiders. Despite the coach. Defense looks like they dont care that they suck in this scheme....so instead they're just out for blood now. Thats what i saw last week. Angry players. Not great...but pissed. If you have to suck...at least draw blood.

Comment

• colorado
        Fan since '62
        • Jun 2023
        • Desert Rat
        • Nothing but time on my hands
        • Send PM

A win over the raiders is always priceless. FTR!
        Last edited by colorado; 09-28-2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm always hyped for the raiders. A blowout win is always my hope when we play them. Of course, they are usually close games. None the less, I can always hope.
          Oddly enough, I have never had the hate for the Raiders that some on here feel...for me, it's the Broncos...I absolutely loathe those guys, and hate losing to them, and love beating them, no matter the state of our two teams...but the Raiders are second place on my "hate" list...oddly, never really resented the Chiefs at all...but that has been changing lately, lol...by the way...still wearing your jersey...my kid keeps me up on it come game day.... Just so you know, you tough old bird, that if you are around for a Superbowl appearance, that puppy is getting FedExed to you...doubt me not! Faith, brother...the journey, no matter the destination, always makes us stronger, lol..
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I'm not sure if a young, inexperienced receiver joining a new team with just a couple of days of practice is going to be in a position to contribute much. QJ and DD are the ones who need to step up.
            Simi has more game experience at this level. Dunno what’s gonna happen, just sayin’..

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Oddly enough, I have never had the hate for the Raiders that some on here feel...for me, it's the Broncos...I absolutely loathe those guys, and hate losing to them, and love beating them, no matter the state of our two teams...but the Raiders are second place on my "hate" list...oddly, never really resented the Chiefs at all...but that has been changing lately, lol...by the way...still wearing your jersey...my kid keeps me up on it come game day.... Just so you know, you tough old bird, that if you are around for a Superbowl appearance, that puppy is getting FedExed to you...doubt me not! Faith, brother...the journey, no matter the destination, always makes us stronger, lol..
              Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

My hatred for the raiders (who do not deserve to be capitalized) stems from way back. When Davis, himself, was the HC, they were a dirty football team. A few years later he gave the job to John Madden and John was even more in favor of playing dirty than Davis had been. They happily took the penalty for late hits on the QB or hitting a guy who was clearly OOB. Back then, the Chargers lost two very promising RB's because of the raiders tackling them oob after they had stopped - oops there goes a knee. I myself got involved in a parking lot fight with their crazy fans.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                I really feel like we are going to beat the shit out of the Raiders. Despite the coach. Defense looks like they dont care that they suck in this scheme....so instead they're just out for blood now. Thats what i saw last week. Angry players. Not great...but pissed. If you have to suck...at least draw blood.
                Draw blood. Do it.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

My hatred for the raiders (who do not deserve to be capitalized) stems from way back. When Davis, himself, was the HC, they were a dirty football team. A few years later he gave the job to John Madden and John was even more in favor of playing dirty than Davis had been. They happily took the penalty for late hits on the QB or hitting a guy who was clearly OOB. Back then, the Chargers lost two very promising RB's because of the raiders tackling them oob after they had stopped - oops there goes a knee. I myself got involved in a parking lot fight with their crazy fans.
                  Good for you, Roo!

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Max Crosby is currently questionable.

Edit: Jimmy G is also currently questionable. Man we better not lose to a backup QB!!!.
                    I would never, ever bet on that. Sadly.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

The Raiders defense is giving up a 74.7% completion rate to QBs. Justin Herbert is leading the league with a 74.4% completion rate.

The Raiders defense doesn't have an interception this season. Justin Herbert has not thrown an INT this season.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

The Raiders defense is giving up a 74.7% completion rate to QBs. Justin Herbert is leading the league with a 74.4% completion rate.

The Raiders defense doesn't have an interception this season. Justin Herbert has not thrown an INT this season.

I like those numbers!
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Air Coryell
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2021
                          • Carlsbad, CA
                          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                          • Send PM

Oh no, don't jinx it.

Comment

Working...
                          X