Raiders @ Chargers (-4) vs Pregame Discussion (Wk 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    No excuses this year... Injuries or not we are playing the raiders back up QB! Everyone knows we should of signed or drafted a quality OC & safety this off season...

TT & Staley tried to tell us these safetys & DB's were thier type of players = weaklink
    With competent HC's and front offices like KC or Philly a lot of their personnel moves just make sense and every now and then if a move doesn't it's easy to give it a chance because they've earned some trust.

With BS guy and TT, It seems like it took them over 2 years to figure out that maybe drafting some speed at skill positions might be a bright idea. I saw them draft a safety that can't tackle in the 3rd round.

They were ok having Storm Norton on the team for 2 years and now Clapp even though he showed how bad he is last season and they had all off-season and draft to get someone better they decided to re-sign him.

Lindsey is 32, and whether or not he had this current condition he's not at a stage of his career that you can expect him not to miss some time during the season.

BS guy and TT haven't earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to personnel decisions.

Last edited by rensoul; 09-29-2023, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Exactly 21 years ago today I became a father for the first time while watching this game with my wife from her hospital bed while giving birth to our first. Time stamp 6:15. My favorite LT run ever, the famous dwight block that encapsulates Chargers Heart at it's peak.
      Fittingly raider week. Family Trust Respect indeed.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

With competent HC's and front offices like KC or Philly a lot of their personnel moves just make sense and every now and then if a move doesn't it's easy to give it a chance because they've earned some trust.

With BS guy and TT, It seems like it took them over 2 years to figure out that maybe drafting some speed at skill positions might be a bright idea. I saw them draft a safety that can't tackle in the 3rd round.

They were ok having Storm Norton on the team for 2 years and now Clapp even though he showed how bad he is last season and they had all off-season and draft to get someone better they decided to re-sign him.

Lindsey is 32, and whether or not he had this current condition he's not at a stage of his career that you can expect him not to miss some time during the season.

BS guy and TT haven't earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to personnel decisions.
        I don’t think KC’s bench looks that deep at all, personally. Philly looks deeper, give that one. KC’s walking a tightrope and a couple injuries away from a sharp drop, just like most teams imo

Staley got rid of Norton after his first year, we’ll see about Clapp when he’s not hampered by bad OGs next to him, and Linsley has always been extremely dependable. 20/20 is really clear.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Exactly 21 years ago today I became a father for the first time while watching this game with my wife from her hospital bed while giving birth to our first. Time stamp 6:15. My favorite LT run ever, the famous dwight block that encapsulates Chargers Heart at it's peak.
          Fittingly raider week. Family Trust Respect indeed.
          Congratulations!

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

I have some confidence that Raheem Layne and Finley can help hold things down for a game or 2, I have a lot less confidence in Clapp at OC.
            I do have a good feeling about this guy. I'm kinda excited to see what he can do. Gilman is a good heady player too I shouldn't say anything negative about him, but he is undersized and it is a fact undersized guys tend to get hurt more often.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Moore maybe has Herbert utilizing designed roving pocket plays more this game than previously this season. He’s done pretty well passing when moving out of the pocket in the past.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I have some confidence that Raheem Layne and Finley can help hold things down for a game or 2, I have a lot less confidence in Clapp at OC.
                Aren’t we like 32 in pass defense? Hard to do worse, yeah I guess I have some confidence too.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Aren’t we like 32 in pass defense? Hard to do worse, yeah I guess I have some confidence too.
                  32nd in pass defense - like you said, they can only get better

Herbert is going to have to carry the day it seems -- I think if Moore lets him throw early in downs, makes sure somebody is helping on Crosby so he has time to throw - Herbert will lead the team to victory

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Raiders WR Hunter Renfro burned the hell outta the Chargers two seasons ago. Since then, his numbers have fallen off drastically. Adams is probably the reason why.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Ansley’s promotion to DC still blows my mind.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

32nd in pass defense - like you said, they can only get better

Herbert is going to have to carry the day it seems -- I think if Moore lets him throw early in downs, makes sure somebody is helping on Crosby so he has time to throw - Herbert will lead the team to victory
                        This. Herbert is going to have to carry the day, and with Moore I think he can and will.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Oh no.
                          No Corey.
                          And there's Jerry.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X