• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

2024 GM Candidates

I'll throw out this name. Ed Dodds. He is currently assistant GM in Indy and worked with Seattle from '07-'17.

An interesting tidbit from this article:

There’s also a strong connection to Jim Harbaugh here (Dodds was seen as the Harbaugh GM when he interviewed in Las Vegas last year)
    With his history background & history I think Dodds would be an ideal candidate to get the stink of Telesco off this roster. Telesco drafts defensive tackles that don't play the run, safeties that can't tackle, linebackers that can't play the run, tight ends that can't run block, and the team overall has been extremely injury prone. One of my requisites for a GM is I want a GM that comes from an organization that has a history of building solid rosters that aren't overly reliant on QB play. The Seahawks & current iteration of the Colts under Chris Ballard fit that bill. ​
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

This isn't a legitimate thread. Telesco isn't on the hot seat. If everybody started a thread based on their personal fantasies the forum would be overwhelmed.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      This isn't a legitimate thread. Telesco isn't on the hot seat. If everybody started a thread based on their personal fantasies the forum would be overwhelmed.
      He has to be on the hot seat though. The team is 1-2
      play the Raiders tomorrow - if they are 1-3
      could be a long season
      11 years, no division titles

The guy I like is from the RAvens - last name starts with an H

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

To say Telesco isn't on the hot seat you'd have to believe the following:

1. This team is gonna make the playoffs despite currently being 1-2, having 2 of their best players on IR, 20% of the team already on the injury report, being the worst defensive team in the last 20 years, with 7 remaining games against winning teams despite only beating 1 winning team last season.

and:

2. Not only will they make the playoffs, but they'll WIN a playoff game.

and

3. If both 1 & 2 fail to happen you have to believe that Telesco will be retained and given an opportunity to hire the FOURTH head coach in his losing GM tenure, something I don't think has ever happened in the history of the NFL with the exception of Jerry Jones, who also happens to own the football team.

A U-haul with his name on it might as well be backed up at his office right now.

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Anyone from Eagles /closed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
            I'll throw out this name. Ed Dodds. He is currently assistant GM in Indy and worked with Seattle from '07-'17.

An interesting tidbit from this article:

With his history background & history I think Dodds would be an ideal candidate to get the stink of Telesco off this roster. Telesco drafts defensive tackles that don't play the run, safeties that can't tackle, linebackers that can't play the run, tight ends that can't run block, and the team overall has been extremely injury prone. One of my requisites for a GM is I want a GM that comes from an organization that has a history of building solid rosters that aren't overly reliant on QB play. The Seahawks & current iteration of the Colts under Chris Ballard fit that bill. ​
            If he is a Polian type, no thanks. And ive no idea if he is. Just dont want another Polian type.

For TT to be fired, we would have to miss the playoffs again.....and id fire them both (Staley/Telesco)
            We'll see.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Any future GM will just be a yes-man for little Johnny. After all this time, I’m surprised some think little Johnny is willing to give up control.

He’s been brought up to think he knows what he’s doing and because he’s an owner there’s no threat of being fired for incompetence.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2018
                • Balboa Park bench
                • Medical Simulation
                • Send PM

Because you say? TT has the worst record of any GM with his length of tenure. Trust, his seat is hot...

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If he is a Polian type, no thanks. And ive no idea if he is. Just dont want another Polian type.

For TT to be fired, we would have to miss the playoffs again.....and id fire them both (Staley/Telesco)
                  We'll see.
                  Dodds is the 100% opposite of a Telesco type. Think Pete Carroll philosophy of team building.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Dodds is the 100% opposite of a Telesco type. Think Pete Carroll philosophy of team building.
                    You mean John Schneider?
                    Of course Carroll is involved as Staley is but Carroll isn't the GM.
                    I do think Carroll is the QB whisperer though.

Leinart, Wilson, Geno......they havent done shit since or before Carroll.

Here is a run down of Schneider drafts over the years. And again I say, NO GM hits on every pick.

Running the show for the Seattle Seahawks, John Schneider has been no stranger to working up and down the draft board with trades. Which ones stand out as his best? And which ones were most regrettable?

Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-30-2023, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• rensoul
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

If he's available and wants a fancier title, I would want Will McClay from the Cowboys.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Whomever Jim Harbaugh wants to work with.

Comment

Working...
                        X