• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

This is my new game day ritual, I am wearing this jersey for every game, either attending or watching from home.

Thank you Fleet, I cannot express how much this touched both me and my wife.
    Would love to see the actual jersey. Take a pic so we can see it? And you are welcome. We do donation drives here for updates. Sometimes i get a surplus of donations that exceeds the cost of the update. I will then typically use that money for the next update as they are 150 each. And i have to do that like 4 times a year. I want you and this community of givers to know that it was money donated from many members that i used to buy this Jersey for you.

So this gift to you was from this community....not just me. Which is pretty cool imo. Proud to be part of this community. Aloha FF. God bless.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Veteran's Day weekend.
      Thinking of your family FF.
      Thank you Tommy.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Would love to see the actual jersey. Take a pic so we can see it? And you are welcome. We do donation drives here for updates. Sometimes i get a surplus of donations that exceeds the cost of the update. I will then typically use that money for the next update as they are 150 each. And i have to do that like 4 times a year. I want you and this community of givers to know that it was money donated from many members that i used to buy this Jersey for you.

So this gift to you was from this community....not just me. Which is pretty cool imo. Proud to be part of this community. Aloha FF. God bless.
        Ill send a photo of it this evening. I'll say this, the jersey brought tears to mine and my wife's eyes. It was very touching.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Here is the Jersey. Love it, my new game day gear. Although I love the powder blues, the royal blue is awesome. Love it so much.

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Here is the Jersey. Love it, my new game day gear. Although I love the powder blues, the royal blue is awesome. Love it so much.

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg
            Thanks bro. Looks great.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Honoring Tommy, and a West Point grad that was featured in a PSA I just saw...

We fight military suicide by using enhanced data insights, focused client acquisition, and best-in-class suicide intervention services.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                Honoring Tommy, and a West Point grad that was featured in a PSA I just saw...

https://stopsoldiersuicide.org/
                Thank you so much. This veterans day has been very hard on my wife and I. We put a flag and cross at Tommy's plot today. It hurt so much, I hate that I have to do these things but we keep on going, one step at a time, one task at a time, and one day at a time. God, friends, and families prayers are the only thing keeping us going right now.

Thanks to everyone here for the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• C'monchargers
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Thank you so much. This veterans day has been very hard on my wife and I. We put a flag and cross at Tommy's plot today. It hurt so much, I hate that I have to do these things but we keep on going, one step at a time, one task at a time, and one day at a time. God, friends, and families prayers are the only thing keeping us going right now.

Thanks to everyone here for the thoughts and prayers.
                  You are the ephipany of "When life gets tough, you get tougher."

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Thanksgiving was terrible, these holiday times have been just brutal. My wife and I have tried to do things different this year but every time I turn around there is a reminder that hits me like a bus broadsiding a pedestrian. 2023 has been the worst year of my life by a mile.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2023
                      • Send PM

Thanksgiving was terrible, these holiday times have been just brutal. My wife and I have tried to do things different this year but every time I turn around there is a reminder that hits me like a bus broadsiding a pedestrian. 2023 has been the worst year of my life by a mile.
                      I'm sorry about all of it. You amaze me by simply going on from one day to the next.

I also experienced a traumatic event while in the Army. My locker was broken into one night while I was away watching a MNF game (Chargers vs Seattle with Fouts at QB) and as I asked my fellow barracks members questions they all said they knew what happened but didn't want to rat the perpetrator out. Later that night I was approached by a fellow barracks member that slept right across the aisle from me. He threatened my life if I contacted Army CID (their police basically). He told me it would come while I was sleeping. Well, I went ahead and contacted Army CID anyway. They kept asking me the same questions and they kept me there the whole night. They told me in the morning that they didn't believe my locker was broken into at all..that i made all of it up. I'm pretty upset at that point because I'm going to be sleeping right across from someone who just threatened my life and my other barracks mates didn't want to help me out. In other words they were fine with me being killed. I was fuming. I visited the sergeants who were in charge of my platoon and I went off at them. I was fucking pissed. But no one gave a shit. I was a E-2 in a sea of E-6's but I didn't care. So no one did anything. My best defense was to pull the blanket over my head when I went to sleep at night. Turned out a month or two later the guy who threatened my life was arrested for trying to get a gun. I believe one of my barracks members finally did the right thing and reported what they knew regarding the soldier that threatened me. One thing that might explain all of this better is that at the time of the incident every barracks member but myself was a black guy. I was the only white guy. I still don't trust groups of black men thanks to that experience. I would gravitate towards black kids at school because I always felt different than everybody else. I had an awesome black friend in high school that I'd play chess and baseball with. I even danced my freak out one time at his place until I noticed his Mom giving me the eye! That was funny! I had nothing against black people at all. Then the Army happened.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Dang sorry bud. Ill pray.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

I'm sorry about all of it. You amaze me by simply going on from one day to the next.

I also experienced a traumatic event while in the Army. My locker was broken into one night while I was away watching a MNF game (Chargers vs Seattle with Fouts at QB) and as I asked my fellow barracks members questions they all said they knew what happened but didn't want to rat the perpetrator out. Later that night I was approached by a fellow barracks member that slept right across the aisle from me. He threatened my life if I contacted Army CID (their police basically). He told me it would come while I was sleeping. Well, I went ahead and contacted Army CID anyway. They kept asking me the same questions and they kept me there the whole night. They told me in the morning that they didn't believe my locker was broken into at all..that i made all of it up. I'm pretty upset at that point because I'm going to be sleeping right across from someone who just threatened my life and my other barracks mates didn't want to help me out. In other words they were fine with me being killed. I was fuming. I visited the sergeants who were in charge of my platoon and I went off at them. I was fucking pissed. But no one gave a shit. I was a E-2 in a sea of E-6's but I didn't care. So no one did anything. My best defense was to pull the blanket over my head when I went to sleep at night. Turned out a month or two later the guy who threatened my life was arrested for trying to get a gun. I believe one of my barracks members finally did the right thing and reported what they knew regarding the soldier that threatened me. One thing that might explain all of this better is that at the time of the incident every barracks member but myself was a black guy. I was the only white guy. I still don't trust groups of black men thanks to that experience. I would gravitate towards black kids at school because I always felt different than everybody else. I had an awesome black friend in high school that I'd play chess and baseball with. I even danced my freak out one time at his place until I noticed his Mom giving me the eye! That was funny! I had nothing against black people at all. Then the Army happened.
                          I had to check out the game I saw that night (Chargers vs Seahawks circa 1981 MNF). Here it is from youtube...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cabUGi3nI1A

Comment

Working...
                          X