• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

OT: Asking For Prayers/Mojo - Religion Allowed - Fleet Approved

Before I get into details, I want to let everyone know I spoke with Fleet before and made sure I had his blessing before I posted this.

Below is a photo of myself and my 2 boys from the Falcons Chargers game last year. My youngest son Isaac is the one in the middle. He was 17 at that time. He had severe psoriatic arthritis. By the time he reached 17 he had the body of an 85-year-old arthritic man. In late 22 he was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor. He suffered from the joint pain for may years but his pain from the tumor was very intense. On February 17th this year he took his life, no notes or anything. This was devastating to me and my family. We knew he was suffering but it still took us by surprise, he never gave us any problems for anything, until he did, and there was no coming back from it.

My oldest son Tommy, on the right, was a second Lieutenant in the Army. He suffered from severe PTSD from his time serving. The Army told him that if he were to get any help he would be either medically discharged or at best his career would be over and he would just stay where he was now, never advancing. On the one month anniversary (Friday March 17th) of Isaac passing Tommy took his life. He left some notes and journals that told us about his struggles. He said that Isaac’s passing basically pushed him over the edge and he could not get help without the Army finding out. Indeed, when my wife and I were going to counseling we found a retired military guy who was willing to meet with Tommy off the record and bill me instead of Tommy, he said no, the army will find out.
    They say no parent should have to bury their child, this is true. No parent should have to see their child in that situation. I was the one to find my 17-year-old, this is a trauma that no parent should have to see. For months this was the image that I saw every time I closed my eyes. Tommy was not home and we could not find him all evening until the cops found him later that night. If you can please keep my family in your prayers and/or send mojo our way. This has been the most difficult year of my life. If it were not for my faith in God, my life would be significantly different with how we are dealing with this. I have asked God to blur the image of my son when I found him, I still see that image, but he has been faithful and I no longer see my son with any detail. Dealing with the Army has been traumatic in of itself and a story for a different time.

Thank you for letting me post this and for any thoughts and prayers. Putting this here and talking about it is helping me get through this situation. Sorry to be a downer and putting a heavy heart on the Bolt family here I just needed to keep processing this to heal.

​

Chargers Game.jpg
    Attached Files
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

You have my deepest sympathies and condolences. So tragic. You have enormous strength.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Yes as stated i wanted everyone here to know that FF and i have discussed this and im absolutely allowing a discussion about this including any and all beliefs. God or not. Lets rally around FF and do what we have to do to continue to support each other during terminal illness' or loss of family members.

As you know FF....my heart breaks for you. We have discussed this at length via PM....i will make sure this thread does not go off on a negative tangent.

Sending you mojo and praying for you FF. God bless you.

Comment

• BoltNTO
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2017
        • Send PM

So sorry for what you have gone through...life sometimes throws things at you that no one should experience. Stay strong fellow Charger Fan!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I cannot even imagine even for one second the pain you must be enduring. This is incredibly tragic. No parent should ever have to go through this. When my younger sister died at age 24 my mother was devastated. That is the only child she lost out of four. I don't understand the Army's attitude in this. They were going punish your son for getting treatment for PTSD, by sabotaging his career or discharging him? What the hell is that about? My dad suffered PTSD from having been in combat against the Nazis in WWII and spending half the war as a POW, it is extremely disabling psychologically. I am just so sorry about all of this. You must be incredibly strong to be able to hold it all together.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

FoutsFan- You and yours have my condolences and prayers.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your dear sons.

I hope your happy memories with them will help you through this most difficult of times.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

So sorry to hear about this and deepest condolences to you and family, FoutsFan. I wished your son would have just walked away from the Army and gotten help, before your youngest took his own life, I'm glad you are reaching out, we here are all for you.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

No parent should have to endure what you've been through. My prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    I cannot even imagine even for one second the pain you must be enduring. This is incredibly tragic. No parent should ever have to go through this. When my younger sister died at age 24 my mother was devastated. That is the only child she lost out of four. I don't understand the Army's attitude in this. They were going punish your son for getting treatment for PTSD, by sabotaging his career or discharging him? What the hell is that about? My dad suffered PTSD from having been in combat against the Nazis in WWII and spending half the war as a POW, it is extremely disabling psychologically. I am just so sorry about all of this. You must be incredibly strong to be able to hold it all together.
                    I am sorry for the loss of your sister. Loss of any kind is just brutal.

I cannot describe in totality my anger towards the Army now. After Tommy passed and I had to let them know of his passing. My first phone call the woman told me that he did not qualify for any Army benefits and I was on my own to bury him. All I asked for was an honor guard at his funeral and they said no. After I had submitted his DC to them I was flooded with calls from Army higher ups. When I explained what happened they all told me what was told to Tommy was not correct and the Army had many resources for the service men/women to have access to and they would not be held against them. I let all of them know that the truth was what was being told to him, not what they were telling me. I asked every single one of them why they are offering me all of these services and why they did not offer these once to my son? I let them know that what they were saying to me was only programs that were to be given at congressional oversight hearings but they were not real programs. Since 9/11 we have lost more service men/women to suicide than we have lost to our enemies in battle and obviously this message is not getting to were it needs to go to. I received silence for these points.

The Army after a week was telling me that they wanted to bury my son in the national cemetery here in Alabama but they kept dragging their feet and making excuses. Finally I said I will bury him in the same cemetery next to my other son. I was able to get an honor guard but it was me and the funeral director that made calls to his Army buddies and they came on their own.

The hardest thing I have ever done so far in my life and I hated every minute of it was picking out the clothes they would be buried in. We chose their clothes and a few other trinkets that would be added in their casket. Isaac was buried in his Joey Bosa Jersey and Tommy was buried in his jeans and Hawaiian shirt he loved along with his military blues which were folded at his feet.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

As a father myself I cocncur, no parent should ever experience what you have. I'm so very sorry for your loss and pain.
                      thank you for posting and know although I'm not a godly man, I will do my absolute best to send you thoughts, prayers, mojo, hope etc.
                      to them as well if they can receive it in the afterlife, and anyone effected by this horrible tragedy.
                      RIP.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. This season has been tough so far, not because of the Chargers doing Charger things as always, but I would watch the games with my sons every Sunday. Watching the games has been a dagger in my heart as I miss my boys but it is also good at the same time because it reminds me of all the good times (win or lose) I had with them watching the games in the past. I can hear them commentating on the play calls and the game in my head while watching it.

Thank you too Fleet, this place has been a good place for me to come and read, comment and helps me take my mind off of them for a bit, get away from things and just think about football for a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X