• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltFan4evr View Post
    Been Charger fan for 50 years and don't live on the west coast. But I have not missed a game in 30 years.What makes me sick is the fans who live in the area that sell all there tickets.
    To the visiting teams not true fans got a beautiful stadium but have no home field advantage we have a great team that you the LA fans should appreciate and Great players.
    ​​​​on offense and defense QB WR KA13.
    Chargers deserve better fans
    The first thing being it's S. Cal problem. Also happens to the 49ers in N. Cal but only when there is a team like the Cowboys or Steelers in town. It's happening less now
    that the 49ers moved south to Santa Clara and they are winning. SF being a tourist town, Santa Clara being in a business area. Never happened in Oakland because
    nobody outside of Raiders fans would want to be there.

The other issue is the team owners and management decisions. We used to pack Qcom when the Chargers were competitive. Went many years in the dumpster.
    Went to the SB, then got rid of Bobby Ross. Went 14-2 with a bright future, got rid of Marty. Then the Spanos started talking about a new stadium and the possibilty
    of moving to LA. Pissed off a lot of people. Then the failures of building in SD and ultimate move to LA, pissed off more people. No championship after more than
    59 years with the exception of the AFL 1963 team.

Finally until relatively recently SD was a Navy town. Not a lot of high paying jobs. Biggest employer being the defense industry. So if you were young say in the
    20's and grew up a Charger fan you moved away for career reasons. That happened to me and other friends I had. So we are scattered.

The team belongs in SD. LA will not support the Chargers. They will need to win SBs before the next generation adopts them. That as we know may never
    happen so long as the Spanos are making the decisions.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Chargers finally get fans at SoFi, but many cheer for Dallas

​https://apnews.com/article/sports-nf...2d306a69c8cf2b

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        It was the same in San Diego !
        Not even close and this comes from someone who went to Charger games beginning in the 60’s. There were visiting fans in San Diego but the soccer stadium and SoFi are regularly overrun with visiting fans. 75/25, 70/30 in favor of visitors at times. Almost never less than 50/50

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • QuΓ©bec city
          • Send PM

How was it in San Diego ? 60-40 ?

Comment

• Frank Barone
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • Send PM

Any idea how Kroenke and the Spanos family get along these days? Would Kroenke ever try to oust the Chargers from SOFI due to their lease? Sometimes I wonder if Kroenke would prefer to have UCLA football as his partner in SOFI with a negotiated, fair lease.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

i lived there from 99-2006.

in 2006 that Jack Murphy stadium (Qualcomm) was rocking Chargers fans. I reckon 80-20

Win and they will come

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                FUdean
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

i lived there from 99-2006.

in 2006 that Jack Murphy stadium (Qualcomm) was rocking Chargers fans. I reckon 80-20

Win and they will come
                I don’t think even winning everything will increase the fan base in La. The FUdeans are sellouts. Why shouldn’t season ticket holders sell their seats? Especially if they can make a few bucks.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Even when the Chargers were at the top of the league Raiders fans had a big presence at Qualcomm. There was the stretch of five or six seasons during the height of the LT era when the Chargers swept the Raiders every year. I always laughed at Raiders fans who spent all that money to come to San Diego and watch their team lose.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

My only contribution to this discussion is that I am a native San Diegan and have seen this selling out our own tickets to other fans and it's absolutely disgusting and disgraceful but not NEARLY as much as blaming the owners and team for the product as justification for your individually motivated disgusting and disgraceful actions.
                    If you don't like the product, don't buy it, it really is THAT simple. Please don't go out of your way to hurt the team you claim to care about, to make a few extra bucks.
                    these same people turn around and ironically label the Spanos, "greedy owners" .
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X