Cowboys @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost
    A good buddy of mine graduated from Michigan same time frame and he told me stories of the kind of pussy-hound Harbaugh was on-campus and how he went about himself, and I find the whole thing rather unsavory and difficult to discuss. I've known these stories for nearly 30 years. I am mum on the subject.

So, I keep it on the Xs and Os.
    If this would affect my opinion at all, which it doesn't, it was be a positive FOR Jim.
    true alphas generally have the highest amount of testosterone and that aligns with everything Jim has shown as a player and coach.
    Personally, Jim is on my shortlist, however womanizing your friend thought of him. No offense of course.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

If this would affect my opinion at all, which it doesn't, it was be a positive FOR Jim.
      true alphas generally have the highest amount of testosterone and that aligns with everything Jim has shown as a player and coach.
      Personally, Jim is on my shortlist, however womanizing your friend thought of him. No offense of course.
      Offense Is taken. Delete it please. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I'd like to be credited as part of that vocal minority.
        I certainly took some heat for it since as far back as offseason between 2020 and 2021.
        Gave Staley benefit of the doubt as a defensive HC who held him to such a high regard, but wanted to trade him that offseason for Oline help. My "receipts" will show.
        21, hat tip to you for the reminder that you were one of the few, along with Velo, Lefty and me, to dare to suggest that Derwin isn't exactly elite...
        (In fact, he's actually a detriment to our D at times...now, is that him, or Staley's scheme?)

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Me too . . . . . . . . . .. I got bludgeoned. Where ARE all the 'Derwin's great he's a pro bowler' guys anyways?
          They're all hiding along with the "Lombo is the Greatest OC in the Universe" guys...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
            Cowboys blitzed Justin Herbert on blitzed 42.9% of his dropbacks.

Freaking absurd.
            • Herbert was blitzed on 42.9% of his dropbacks, which is an absolutely absurd percentage of blitzes. One might have thought Wink Martindale was engineering this Cowboys’ defense for the evening. Dan Quinn sent a big blitz when the Cowboys needed it most, resulting in this ugly play on 3rd-and-long for the game-clinching INT:
            https://football.pitcherlist.com/what-we-saw-cowboys-at-chargers/

I am still looking for the snap breakdowns to find out the number of run blitzes into the A gap were called.

#All22

[/QUOTE]

Yep...so where was the max protect, or at least some more chipping/blocking on Herbie's blind side...and the other side??? Where were the adjustments, Staley/Moore?

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

Yep...so where was the max protect, or at least some more chipping/blocking on Herbie's blind side...and the other side??? Where were the adjustments, Staley/Moore?[/QUOTE]

They don't come into games with multiple gameplans for contingency. They install one, and practice that half of the week and pray it works out.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Somehow Andy Reid doesn’t strike me as a true alpha.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Me too . . . . . . . . . .. I got bludgeoned. Where ARE all the 'Derwin's great he's a pro bowler' guys anyways?
                  I’m “debating” one of them at the DB thread where we hashed this out over the summer. But every time I bring up Derwin’s performance in relation to his salary he keeps deflecting to whataboutism re Ekeler and Herbert.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Andy Reid is a sigma version of an alpha, honestly. Not an alpha that's bombastic and overly extrovert, but one that thinks outside the box, and understands human dynamics and peer relationships. He looks big and cuddly, but he can let out a loud bark when necessary that his players respect.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I'm sure you're making a connection I haven't.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

I’m “debating” one of them at the DB thread where we hashed this out over the summer. But every time I bring up Derwin’s performance in relation to his salary he keeps deflecting to whataboutism re Ekeler and Herbert.
                        Not true, and bringing this to another thread just shows how desperate you are in the "debate."

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Justin Herbert was way off last night. We can slam Moore all day long but Justin Herbert was straight trash last night. 2 TD bombs missed to Keenan. He missed wide open guys a couple times. That finger is an issue it cant be a coincidence. Worst game ive seen from him. We win that game if he doesnt miss so many throws. And the D not stopping another 3rd and long was pathetic. Penalties killed us all night. Not having Linsley is an issue for the run game. But that front 7 is really good and will make overrated OL look bad. Pipkins should have never been the guy. At this point...if we are passing on Flowers in the draft...just take a RT. Those were my wishes. The QJ pick saddens me. Just dont think his game translates. And he struggles with press. But was Kellen on that draft pick? Offense needs to get its shit together for sure. But Herbert was so bad last night and it was obvious he wasnt himself. I just would have rolled him out all night.

Comment

Working...
                          X