• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

POLL: Is it Time to Fire Staley?

Sorry, I'm tired of watching mediocre football, shoddy tackling and pitiful game planning, especially on defense. Staley had TWO WEEKS to prepare for this game, IN OUR HOUSE, and what do we get? More of the same slop we've seen the rest of the season. Staley's defensive plan called for two deep safeties, apparently to take away the long ball. Well, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Cowboys offense wasn't elite, but good enough to beat us, especially with the mid-range chunk plays right in the neglected center of the field. Staley displays an incredible inability to adjust, game after game. Where was the adjustment to take away the mid-range pass game? Why were our CB's consistently playing 5-10 yds. off the wideouts? No attempt to disrupt their routes, delay them, even a bit, NOTHING! And on O, where was the max protect to reduce the pressure on Herbie? NOWHERE to be seen! Pretty sad when most of us see it, but Staley doesn't. It doesn't help that Herbie is still feeling the effects of that jammed finger, but it's still no excuse. This loss is mostly on Staley, and though I think the Spani don't make any moves, SOME of us do. Is it time to fire Staley?
    YES
    83.87%
    NO
    16.13%
  • victoriaboltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • victoria b.c.
    • Send PM

Really suprised it took you this long Topcat lol

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by victoriaboltfan View Post
      Really suprised it took you this long Topcat lol
      I've been very patient...looking for some signs of hope. But with Stale Staley, I'm afraid this is as good as it gets...fire him now, try Moore out at HC to see what we've got...better than staggering through this season with about 2 losses for every win...

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I've been very patient...looking for some signs of hope. But with Stale Staley, I'm afraid this is as good as it gets...fire him now, try Moore out at HC to see what we've got...better than staggering through this season with about 2 losses for every win...
        You don't want Moore as HC. Maybe Ryan Ficken of anyone currently on staff.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Moore has been everything Cowboys fans warned us about, re: play calling at the end of halves. No thanks to Moore.

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Moore has been everything Cowboys fans warned us about, re: play calling at the end of halves. No thanks to Moore.
            We had that great opening drive, then Herbie got harassed the rest of the first half and some of the second half...Moore could have done a better job of adjusting to counter all that pressure...what about a few screen passes? What about max protect?

Comment

• rensoul
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

You don't want Moore as HC. Maybe Ryan Ficken of anyone currently on staff.
              For an interim HC I think Ficken would be a better choice.

Let Moore focus on the offense to see how good he can get it as part of his interview process for the future.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

I was gonna say "No" only because I think it's past time.

But you get the idea.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Oh yay, another poll for something that won't happen until after the season.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Oh yay, another poll for something that won't happen until after the season.
                    That's fine, gives us something to jaw about.

K.C. will body slam the Chargers next week; believe me, this thread will only pick up steam.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

That's fine, gives us something to jaw about.

K.C. will body slam the Chargers next week; believe me, this thread will only pick up steam.
                      They'll pick up a few meaningless games at the end of the year to finish with like a 3 game winning streak, like an 8-9 overall record but just enough plausible deniability for Spanos to extend him AND ruin our draft position at the same time.

It's the Chargers way.

Then they can get to work on the important things: filming more "All In" episodes for next year! Big time franchise.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2023
                        • Send PM

I voted yes.

It's clear that this guy should never have been hired.

With McCoy and Lynn, there were at least periods of high quality football.

Who would have thought the Dolphin game would be the high water mark for the team this year.

Oh, and Telesco should follow him out.

Imagine putting two raw guards on the interior, and buttressing them with a shaky vet,
                        where the backup has played center in slightly more NFL games than me.

But, Staley also was in on that decision.

Comment

Working...
                        X