• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

They'll pick up a few meaningless games at the end of the year to finish with like a 3 game winning streak, like an 8-9 overall record but just enough plausible deniability for Spanos to extend him AND ruin our draft position at the same time.

It's the Chargers way.

Then they can get to work on the important things: filming more "All In" episodes for next year! Big time franchise.
    I don’t believe this. Anything less than the playoffs and a win in them is the end of Staley.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don’t believe this. Anything less than the playoffs and a win in them is the end of Staley.
      rich, I would really love to believe this but this is the same franchise that has kept a guy like TT around for a DECADE despite an utterly abysmal resume. Don't underestimate their ability to continue to fuck it up.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

rich, I would really love to believe this but this is the same franchise that has kept a guy like TT around for a DECADE despite an utterly abysmal resume. Don't underestimate their ability to continue to fuck it up.
        One of the few franchises that likes continuity to a fault.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Has it dawned on anyone that Las Vegas will possibly take 2nd place in the division this year?

They don't have a qb this year.

Staley may possibly end his career only finishing ahead of Las Vegas once.
          Critty no doubt will argue that Las Vegas had more talent.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I really don’t think they will. He has one year left after this season and they do not like lame duck coaches. He’ll be extended or fired and I just don’t see them extending him.

Comment

• rensoul
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

They'll pick up a few meaningless games at the end of the year to finish with like a 3 game winning streak, like an 8-9 overall record but just enough plausible deniability for Spanos to extend him AND ruin our draft position at the same time.

It's the Chargers way.

Then they can get to work on the important things: filming more "All In" episodes for next year! Big time franchise.
              I agree with you, 8-9, 9-8 and no playoffs would be worst case scenario. They already leveraged the cap for 2024 so some big names are likely to be let go and they don't have any extra draft picks right now.

With a mediocre finish, no cap space, and no extra draft capital then adding mediocre draft position would screw this team pretty good next season.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
                I voted yes.

It's clear that this guy should never have been hired.

With McCoy and Lynn, there were at least periods of high quality football.

Who would have thought the Dolphin game would be the high water mark for the team this year.

Oh, and Telesco should follow him out.

Imagine putting two raw guards on the interior, and buttressing them with a shaky vet,
                where the backup has played center in slightly more NFL games than me.

But, Staley also was in on that decision.
                Lynn's moment of glory was going for the 2-pt. conversion vs. the Chefs and winning the game...that and the 12-4 season in 2018, when he rode River's coattails and we benefited by some lucky bounces and a weak schedule...then got stomped in the playoffs by the Cheatriots...it was all downhill before and after that...have u forgotten some of the stinker game calls Lynn made his final season with us?

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

That's fine, gives us something to jaw about.

K.C. will body slam the Chargers next week; believe me, this thread will only pick up steam.
                  or that idiot derwin will body slam kelce and get a 15 yd penalty only to have kelce own him in the waning minutes and have the last laugh as he scores a winning TD on dj.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

It's the Chargers way.

does it feel like this team is more "hollywood/follower-grabbing/tiktokking/social media-ing" than being a real football team?

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

does it feel like this team is more "hollywood/follower-grabbing/tiktokking/social media-ing" than being a real football team?
                      Yes, I don't follow any other team(s) as closely so I don't know if they have as big a social media presence as the Chargers do, and a lot of it I am sure comes from the NFL itself.

That being said, when you're a clown franchise, it's just a bad look to be hyper focused on these trivial things. But Spanos has zero feel for the optics of this. The stadium is like 75% opposing fans each week and he gives zero fucks.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Does Staley lose the locker room at 2-4?

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Does Staley lose the locker room at 2-4?
                          He's already lost SOME of the players, who have made some negative comments about the direction of this team...does he lose MORE at 2-4? Indubitably...

Comment

Working...
                          X