Chargers at Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    All the positive Pollyannas owe all the realists an a apology for attacking us this off season and labeling us as negative nay sayer fans for not letting Brandon Staley off the hook! We were not negative fans we were realists who had the ability to see through all of Staley's BS and understood he doesn't have the right stuff to be a good HC! Year of the flip, that's the ticket.
    LOL! We don't owe you shit. You've enjoyed the "I told you so" a lot more than we enjoy losing.
    Current best possible 2023 season : 13-4 , though I highly doubt it.
    Go Bolts!

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      TT, Staley, Moore and Herbert share responsibility. Herbert is holding the ball too long, play calling is iffy and the OL blocked better for Lombardi.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

On a positive note, Staley never went for it on 4th down on our side of the 50 yard line. He is learning.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

TT, Staley, Moore and Herbert share responsibility. Herbert is holding the ball too long, play calling is iffy and the OL blocked better for Lombardi.
          WTF has happened to our OL?
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Pretty sad when your 5 lowest graded players are 3 of your starting offensive lineman and two of the TEs.

And here is the top 5:

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

LOL! We don't owe you shit. You've enjoyed the "I told you so" a lot more than we enjoy losing.
              Current best possible 2023 season : 13-4 , though I highly doubt it.
              Go Bolts!
              You think it's funny? This response about matches what I expected from the fans that don't want to admit that they were wrong and were brutal to anyone who tried to state the obvious. Sure twist it and think incorrectly that I told you so is more important than winning. As a matter of fact the realist view is all about winning and what matters most and the refusal to accept anything less! You are the ones that were itching to say I told you so!
              Last edited by electricgold; 10-23-2023, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

WTF has happened to our OL?
                Staley listened to media and fans screaming about throwing it deep.

Anyone with eyes can see that the WR corp on the Chargers needs time to get downfield and this or last year's line can hold that long. Even if they could the WRs don't get much separation.

When they drafted QJ I figured they'd go heavy quick crossers and outs.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

What's up with Zion having multiple bad games this year? Wasn't he the highest rated guard in his class? Sophomore slump?

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Staley listened to media and fans screaming about throwing it deep.

Anyone with eyes can see that the WR corp on the Chargers needs time to get downfield and this or last year's line can hold that long. Even if they could the WRs don't get much separation.

When they drafted QJ I figured they'd go heavy quick crossers and outs.
                    It seems like we were having a better season with Lombardi as our OC therefore the problem was and is our HC! The one thing that has remained a constant is the way these games have played out in spite of all the changes. Saying Staley is a leader of men just doesn't quite fit, and I find it hard to believe these players here ever bought into his vibe and coaching style. When Allen tweeted "What are we doing" that is a clear illustration that Staley never had these players, also what Bosa said at practice this year.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      What's up with Zion having multiple bad games this year? Wasn't he the highest rated guard in his class? Sophomore slump?
                      Zion is not all that good and without Corey in the middle he is below avarage guard.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

You think it's funny? This response about matches what I expected from the fans that don't want to admit that they were wrong and were brutal to anyone who tried to state the obvious. Sure twist it and think incorrectly that I told you so is more important than winning. As a matter of fact the realist view is all about winning and what matters most and the refusal to accept anything less! You are the ones that were itching to say I told you so!
                        I had no idea that you were so sensitive. You sound so much like Freak who demands worship.
                        Sorry!
                        Feel better?

ps: You realize that we'd be saying "I told you so" if we go deep in the playoffs. Guilty as charged.
                        Last edited by sonorajim; 10-23-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Zion is not all that good and without Corey in the middle he is below avarage guard.
                          He's OG sized, strong, high IQ. Avg should be his baseline.
                          Coaches Moore and Nugent aren't getting the job done.

Comment

Working...
                          X