Chargers at Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Guyton won't help, unless Herbert has time to throw deep.
    Yeah the center-RG-RT has been brutal this year.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

If Suckbert were worth a shit this team would currently be 4-2 not 2-4. Look at the bengals. Nobody is playing good on that team either and Burrow is injured - but he’s held it together well enough for them to get things straightened out and avoid falling completely off the rails and start stacking some wins. Suckbert gets those same opportunities to pull things together or win a game, but he just goes 3 and out and throws interceptions.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Tutu played great. I mean that defense was lights out a whole Quarter holding Kansas City scoreless. If our offense did anything we’d win the game.

Let’s be honest the touchdown to put them up 14 was nothing. The game was already outa hand by then. This was a prizefight. And we knocked out ourselves. We kept jabbing.

instead of going at them. We were timid as fuck in the second half. We’re we’re the splash plays. The reverses???? The run run sequence three straight destroyed the game.

I put this on Moore and Herbert for not scoring in the red zone. You can’t throw a pick there. That’s Geno Smith territory.

Kellen Moore saved all the great plays for the Cowboys game. And didn’t have shit for tonight.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Staley and TT know that they are likely to be fired at the end of the year so I see no way they are sellers.
          What's the justification for firing TT? He's doing no worse than any other year he's been here. If anything, he's been consistent.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Shit we had Nick Sirani here also.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree, but disagree...... This TEAM cannot make plays when it really needs to.....

for a couple of decades, the Chargers defenses have only looked good for short meaningless periods of time.... Chargers can never stop ANYONE from scoring if they really need to score..... no matter how little time is left..... if the opponent needs a first down they get it.... if they need a TD, they get it, if they need a mircle play on 4th and 30, they get it or if they need a 40 yrd PI penalty to set up a miracle 60 yard FG, they get it.....

And like you said, the offense also always fails..... especially, the OL melts down and gives up pressure and sacks when it really counts.... and I think the fact that herb ert cannot count on having time, he ends up misfiring throws, or making bad decisions...... hard to tell if he reads defenses well or not.... the OL is still horrible except for Slater.....

The coaching is bad, but so is the GM..... TT has been here over 10 years and hits about 50 % in first round but almost zero percent after the first round...... first 3 rounds should be starters, and next 3 rounds should be solid depth and future possible starters..... Rarely do we have an impact rookie that was not taken top 10-15 picks.....and those that were were no brainer, obvious BPA;s like Bosa, Herbert, Slater......

bad cheap ownership wont spend any money that they do not have to due to required cap......coaches are not paid with cap so they have to be paid out of profits, which is why Spanos always hires Cheap HC;s......
              The biggest problem for me is they don't stick to a philosophy. Which is why Herbert is on his 3rd OC already. I would figure it is easier to develop a QB if he can have consistentcy. Mahomes has been in the same system his entire career. So was Brady and Montana, Manning, even when change teams they new organization changes offense to match what QB knows and does well.

I think best chance for SB is don't change, commit to JH10 and this system and terminology. And then the game will slow down as he gets super charger comfortable.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Herbert lost us the game for the 2nd straight week. Defense was awful in the 1st half but Herbert showed no situtional awareness in taking advantage of posistions. He really has regressed and all these losses may indeed be to much to recover from. He looks shell shocked out there. But it may end up being a good because as more losses ply on it will become more obvious to clueless Spanos and company things need to change. I was all for sneaking into playoffs and getting lucky but this orgnization is broken and needs all the scrutiny and critcism it gets.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

On a brighter note as of today we are drafting in the top 5 of the draft!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

I have experience working in other sports. The scary thing is I feel what I feel about Johnston that I would feel and see in and feel in other players. Trying to Will this guy to say how great he is.

But shit looking at these other rookies they jump off the screen. I’m not seeing it out of Quentin. I’m hoping he can change it and come around but damn.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                      I have experience working in other sports. The scary thing is I feel what I feel about Johnston that I would feel and see in and feel in other players. Trying to Will this guy to say how great he is.

But shit looking at these other rookies they jump off the screen. I’m not seeing it out of Quentin. I’m hoping he can change it and come around but damn.
                      I'm really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but it may have to wait until next year with a new coach.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                        Nobody brings up the fact that you have no receivers that can go downfield they all do the same thing.

I wanted USC Addison for that reason.

the guy in here who wanted Zay Flowers was a genius.

he wasn’t on my list. He wasn’t on my board.

So we all made lemonade outa this shit and acted like Quentin Johnston was a great pick.
                        I was all over both guys. I had a 2nd round grade on QJ. I didnt consider anyone in this draft a legit #1 type guy though. But moving around with Mike and Keenan on the perimter? Flowers and Addison would have been nice picks. It doesnt mean i didnt think they could end up as legit #1's...just that they would contribute this year in 11 personel which is a starting position for us. Or should have been. Poor OL and QJ looking clueless out there as forces into more 12 looks. And still cant protect him.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I’ve got no blue left to bleed.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X