Bears at Chargers (-9) Pregame Discussion (Wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    I think we win comfortably this week. The Bears suck and we take out some frustration on them.

Go ahead and call me a Pollyanna!
    No, thats spot on solid analysis, Big Rich.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
      This has the Steeler game from 2019 written all over it. Third string QB comes into our home and kicks our ass in front of all of THEIR fans and a national audience on Sunday night football. Worst Chargers home game I have ever seen. Can't wait to see more of that Sunday night.

Staley era...yay.
      The Duck Hodges game. Chargers first possession, Rivers threw a routine swing pass to Gordon over his head and behind him. It was a backward pass and Steelers LB Devin Bush scooped it and scored. Difference in the game.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Yo this game. I don’t get it because that whole offense the chiefs. You sag off like that on defense it says the Chargers are scared of the Chiefs. And Mahomes looked like we got these guys.

Play them aggressive like Detroit did.

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Our talent is arguably better than the Bears, my biggest worry is that we often play down to the level of our opponents. Have been doing this for years, one of my biggest knocks against our coaching.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

I truly do not understand this approach. We aren't stopping anything short and we are still giving up huge numbers of explosive plays. Play tight and if we get beat deep, it won't look any different than now but at least we can contest some of the short throws.
            Its the same when coaches drop 7 and guys are running wide open. Why not blitz 7 since you are not covering anyone?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

I think we win comfortably this week. The Bears suck and we take out some frustration on them.

Go ahead and call me a Pollyanna!
              Who really cares? I mean seriously. Who cares that the Chargers can beat bad football teams and lose to every single good team they play. They have beat one playoff team in Staley's last 24 games.

So they beat the Chicago Bears, Whoopty fucking doo. Means absolutely nothing to me at this point

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

If the Chargers lose this game, I wonder if they would fire Staley on Monday. The Spanoses have fired a head coach mid-season: Kevin Gilbride in October 1998 after four straight losses in Ryan Leaf's rookie year. They fired him after losing 7-6 to the Raiders.

June Jones, who was the OC, and formerly head coach of the Falcons, reluctantly agreed to serve as head coach for the remainder of the season, and won 3 of 10 games. If I recall correctly, they wanted make Jones the permanent head coach, but he turned them down and took the head coaching job at Hawaii instead. So Beathard turned to Mike Reilly, who was Oregon State's head coach. We know how that turned out.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  If the Chargers lose this game, I wonder if they would fire Staley on Monday. The Spanoses have fired a head coach mid-season: Kevin Gilbride in October 1998 after four straight losses in Ryan Leaf's rookie year. They fired him after losing 7-6 to the Raiders.
                  Fire him and hire Moore as interim HC. I want a preview.

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Bottom feeders don't blow out anyone.

Chargers open a big lead in the first half but barely survive with a late FG is my guess.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

June Jones, who was the OC, and formerly head coach of the Falcons, reluctantly agreed to serve as head coach for the remainder of the season, and won 3 of 10 games. If I recall correctly, they wanted make Jones the permanent head coach, but he turned them down and took the head coaching job at Hawaii instead. So Beathard turned to Mike Reilly, who was Oregon State's head coach. We know how that turned out.
                      The Spanos fired Gilbride because he was an abrasive personality.
                      His team losing games was secondary.

Hey, they fired a 14 - 2 coach once: anything is possible.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                        Bottom feeders don't blow out anyone.

Chargers open a big lead in the first half but barely survive with a late FG is my guess.
                        That's how I see it.
                        They open up a good lead in the 1rst half, and then the fan base is sweating bullets near the end.

Staley then gives his patented 'every game in the NFL is tough' comment at the post game presser.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Who really cares? I mean seriously. Who cares that the Chargers can beat bad football teams and lose to every single good team they play. They have beat one playoff team in Staley's last 24 games.

So they beat the Chicago Bears, Whoopty fucking doo. Means absolutely nothing to me at this point
                          I care, I want them to win every game.

Comment

Working...
                          X