Bears at Chargers (-9) Pregame Discussion (Wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • 21090
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

    Bears at Chargers (-9) Pregame Discussion (Wk 8)

    Chargers open as a 9 point favorite over the Bears.

    Discuss.
  • KrazyLegs
    Registered Dude
    • Sep 2018
    • 1071
    • Westminster, MA
    • Send PM

    #2
    Do we have to?

    Comment

    • richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • 21090
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

      #3
      Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post
      Do we have to?
      LOL - we could discuss how astonishing it is that we could be a 9 point favorite over any team in the league at this point.

      Comment

      • Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • 934
        • Send PM

        #4
        I can honestly see them letting Chicago’s UDFA QB have 250 yds and 3 TDs against this secondary. I would not be surprised if they lost this game.

        Comment

        • Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • 32168
          • Send PM

          #5
          I'd wish this game was flexed back into the afternoon. Bears had a good game against the Raiders, they might carry that into this game. Maybe a massive loss in primetime will embarrass the ownership enough to fire people.

          Comment

          • Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • 7135
            • Send PM

            #6
            Trap game.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

            Comment

            • rensoul
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • 464
              • Send PM

              #7
              If Staley keeps putting his CB's in that soft zone 10-12 yards off they are capable of losing to anybody, including the Bears.

              Comment

              • richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • 21090
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

                #8
                Originally posted by rensoul View Post
                If Staley keeps putting his CB's in that soft zone 10-12 yards off they are capable of losing to anybody, including the Bears.
                I truly do not understand this approach. We aren't stopping anything short and we are still giving up huge numbers of explosive plays. Play tight and if we get beat deep, it won't look any different than now but at least we can contest some of the short throws.

                Comment

                • jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • 13158
                  • Send PM

                  #9
                  Originally posted by richpjr View Post

                  LOL - we could discuss how astonishing it is that we could be a 9 point favorite over any team in the league at this point.
                  Yes it seems crazy that we would be favored by that margin or really any margin

                  Comment

                  • victoriaboltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • 2178
                    • victoria b.c.
                    • Send PM

                    #10
                    If we lose will Staley finally be fired?

                    Comment

                    • MagicMamba88
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • 2013
                      • Send PM

                      #11

                      Comment

                      • ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • 1818
                        • Send PM

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        I'd wish this game was flexed back into the afternoon. Bears had a good game against the Raiders, they might carry that into this game. Maybe a massive loss in primetime will embarrass the ownership enough to fire people.
                        When games get flexed, it has to be done 12 days in advance. It is past that now, and the game with Chicago is staying on Sunday night. The reason the game is staying on SNF despite both of the team's record is because the game features two of the biggest city markets.​

                        Originally posted by richpjr View Post

                        I truly do not understand this approach. We aren't stopping anything short and we are still giving up huge numbers of explosive plays. Play tight and if we get beat deep, it won't look any different than now but at least we can contest some of the short throws.
                        That's what's been happening. How we give up underneath lanes or get beat deep. The defense is bad either way. Staley made adjustments in the second half of the week 7 game. He's not as bad as his haters make him out to be. The talent in the secondary and coverage is lacking. It is that bad.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X