Bears at Chargers SNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

I’ll take the W, and the team looked good. But this win still doesn’t give me confidence moving forward. This is how the Chargers should have beat Chicago. Now if they can go beat a really good Jets D back east. The confidence will start heading up in the right direction.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

Staley said Parham looked like the 2021 version of Parham, haha. If you utilized him more, maybe you'd see more of that. Not sure why no one in the coaches' staff meetings ever had a thought that he can be utilized almost like Mike Williams which they've been harping as being a major setback for this offense. A 6'8 athletic TE who's a good catcher and you don't think to include him in the vertical game?

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I did think they would flag it for maybe him driving to ground, but he hit him clean and hard, no helmet, not late.
        You're right, they should have flagged it for driving to the ground.
        the actual hit was clean but violent and imo we've been getting flagged for hits that are too violent, even clean ones.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          My only contribution is:
          regarding the big hit Herb took in the 4th quarter.
          had any of our defenders hit ANY quarterback exactly like that, it would have been a flag all day and possible fine.
          I feel Herb has had the yips since breaking his ribs hopefully this snaps him out of it that he can take a hit again and not play scared ... although he did throw a sidearm throw that didn't need to be and he also threw a low pass of their helmet that could of been picked, I want him to go back to throwing over the top

Comment

• AFboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2018
            • Balboa Park bench
            • Medical Simulation
            • Send PM

We dominated a team we should have dominated and yet only got 2 field goals in the second half.... That right there is both infuriating, concerning, and telling.

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
              JH needs JH
              • Dec 2021
              • SW FL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree,,,,, yhis may be worst team we will face this season because of their div 2 bqckup QB......
              And even this Div 2 rookie qb managed some huge chunk plays against us. First play of the game they got a 41 yard pass. Good thing our defensive genius of a head coach is focusing on not giving up big plays.
              Last edited by Air Coryell 84; 10-30-2023, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Don’t get carried away. Same problems exist.

In the second half, Bears score was the same​​​​​. 6 to 6.

If you examine 2-4 quarters, Chargers were only up by 3 points over this totally shit team.

It was only the first quarter Bolts dominated.

Chargers have the same problem that made Staley the laughing stock of the league in the playoffs last year.

Come out like Tarzan, end like Jane.

He is a poor in game manager.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

KC was crushed by the Donks.
                  I saw that, was bummed it wasn’t televised in SD market. I also saw the field was covered in snow pregame - was weather a big factor in the game? If anyone knows …
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Cant put this in the right place, because thread seems locked...

The other day, I made a flippant remark about quitters, while trying to laud a positive post. It was lazy posting, and I stepped away for awhile, only to return to about a dozen notifications, realizing I set off a skirmish...I didnt target anyone...but I can see how it was implied I was referring to some individuals...that was my mistake.

Just wanna set the record straight...

Fleet was right...I was the one in the wrong this time.

I didnt report ANY posts...for anyone wondering...

I gave no blowback to Fleet...took my MILD ass eating like a man, lol...he quoted my post and asked me publicly to not post like that anymore...perfectly fair.

Im a little chagrined at myself to be honest...sometimes you gotta think before you go poking around an old burn site...sometimes there are some embers buried that can flare right up if you expose them to air...

Anyway...my apologies TPB...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

On Thursday I turn 70. The way I lived my life I never thought I'd make it past 35. How I look at that post, if someone wants to post out of their ear hole to hear themselves, let them. I don't let that get to me. There's nothing you or I can do to change it. Enjoy your team and a charger win. They earned it. We know that team has alot of pride. They showed it tonight. Doesn't do any good to get all worked up, bad for the heart...

just sayin dude...
                      Yeah, i should ignore posts that bother me. Was thinking about that later last night. Good advice, thank you. Apologies to all for my rash impulse to pick up the flag on behalf of whoever it is I think I’m carrying it for.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Don't worry about it... you know how these things go. Let dudes vent... it's cathartic for them.
                        I don't post on the game threads too much. I'm too busy watching the game closely.
                        I have it open... treat it like entertainment. View it as Theatre of the Absurd. You'll have more fun.
                        Solid - agree, thanks for the thoughtful perspective. I don’t post during games usually either for the same reason.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You're right, they should have flagged it for driving to the ground.
                          the actual hit was clean but violent and imo we've been getting flagged for hits that are too violent, even clean ones.
                          I thought the same - I agree that it was clean normal hit back in the old days of football as we all knew it. But I thought he clearly drove Herbie to the ground and landed full weight on top of him for physical effect and we are told that is now illegal and we see that is getting flagged all over the league every single week now. Shocked it was not flagged here - Herbie didn’t have the ball anymore and that usually means an automatic for that type of hard tackle.

I saw the clip of Prime’s kid getting kicked out of the CO-UCLA game on Saturday for a clean shoulder-shoulder hit, that was crazy.

Comment

Working...
                          X