Chargers (-1.5) at Jets Pregame Discussion (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

the jets have a great front 7 and at least one shut down CB..... in a close game just one deflected or batted pass might become a pick 6 or set up a jets winning FG.....or end our last chance to take the lead....

if the teams switched QB's, which team is better???...... Jets by far..... no contest.....

Herbert is OUR X factor..... he has to carry this team if we are to win..... herbert will have to create plays that didnt exist by escaping their vicious pass rush, buying time and hitting big plays downfield... Jets have at east 2 great big fast nasty LBers who can cover and blow up Ekler if we dump off to him too often..... we cannot rely on that.... like you can against bad teams like MIN, Vegas, and Bears....

Jets have a talented, physical team and their QB is much better than 2 of the 3 QB's we have beaten.... and their coach gets his team so fired up.... its like they are on drugs and play above expectations.....

This game is on the road in a loud hostile environment... and it will be cold...... this will not be a cakewaik like the bears game.....
    Saleh will have his guys playing at a fever pitch on Monday night football. We have to match their intensity . . . . . . . . . . .. I think this one's more about emotion than X's and O's. I don't expect a 'Bears' result - as other have posted I'm expecting another close game . . . . . . .

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

7 games in..it is now clear that the Miami game was the outlier for our run game...It has been terrible ever since and the main reason we struggle to close out games

We had 54 yards on 25 carries last week...against the Bears.

Since week 1 Chargers rank dead last in expected rushing success rate.

Not sure why some think Chargers will rack up the rushing yards against a good Jet defense.

This will be a tough cold road game in a noisy stadium against a team that plays hard, that has some playmakers. I think Herbert will have to be on his game and this game could be close.
      Was that the only game Ekeler and Linsley played together?
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

They need to play loose and with some energy, like the last game. Their attitude has a big say in the win and loss record. Go into NY with an attitude and we will win. That, and protecting the ball a bit! A win against any East Coast team is always sweeter.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Was that the only game Ekeler and Linsley played together?
          Yes

How does that factor into Monday night and beyond? We wont see Linsley this year again

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Saleh will have his guys playing at a fever pitch on Monday night football. We have to match their intensity . . . . . . . . . . .. I think this one's more about emotion than X's and O's. I don't expect a 'Bears' result - as other have posted I'm expecting another close game . . . . . . .
            I agree with this - very much so. Monday Night Football - fans are going to be ready and probably a little "sauced" -

That said, turnovers, field position, punting - those are going to be key factors. Staley needs to make Wilson beat the defense. That means shadowing Garrett Wilson and stacking the box to stop Breece Hall

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree with this - very much so. Monday Night Football - fans are going to be ready and probably a little "sauced" -

That said, turnovers, field position, punting - those are going to be key factors. Staley needs to make Wilson beat the defense. That means shadowing Garrett Wilson and stacking the box to stop Breece Hall
              Good plan. It is comforting to know that Staley has been so effective at eliminating the other teams most dangerous weapon 🤣

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Good plan. It is comforting to know that Staley has been so effective at eliminating the other teams most dangerous weapon 🤣
                My guess he will come out with 3 lineman and drop 8 deep hoping the coverage stops Zach Wilson from making plays. End result Wilson will have plenty of time to make plays and he will make them

When I think against a guy like Zach you speed up his clock with pressure -- forcing him to make quicker decisions

Comment

• Bolts0503
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2022
                  • Send PM

Seems to me we have a tale of two coaches-one who gets a middle of the road team to play better and one who gets a good team to play worse. I think this game will come down to a defensive play that puts 7 on the board. The Jets just seem more likely to do that.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                    They need to play loose and with some energy, like the last game. Their attitude has a big say in the win and loss record. Go into NY with an attitude and we will win. That, and protecting the ball a bit! A win against any East Coast team is always sweeter.
                    I hope they don’t go in with their 2nd half attitude.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts0503 View Post
                      Seems to me we have a tale of two coaches-one who gets a middle of the road team to play better and one who gets a good team to play worse. I think this game will come down to a defensive play that puts 7 on the board. The Jets just seem more likely to do that.
                      This could be low scoring.

Jets have the #1 CB, 2 really good LBs and a ruthless D line. We thought the Cowboys front gave Herbert trouble, the Jets is overall better

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

This could be low scoring.

Jets have the #1 CB, 2 really good LBs and a ruthless D line. We thought the Cowboys front gave Herbert trouble, the Jets is overall better
                        The Jets defense is what we all hoped Staley would build. I want a defense that is like Mike tyson - smacks you in the proverbial mouth
                        Bend but don't break
                        Pray for an incompletion on 3rd down
                        3rd downs are truly a flip of a coin

Comment

• el_jefe999
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

The jets have serious oline issues and are down to their third center which the Chargers need to exploit. If they do I think they get a couple gifts from Wilson. I'm not confident by any stretch but this is a very winnable game if the contracts on the dline earn their money

Comment

Working...
                          X