Chargers (-1.5) at Jets Pregame Discussion (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
    I predict Chargers will commit 2 turnovers in the second half and scoreless because that’s Staley ball.

Ahhiight?
    Oddly, Moore and Herbert are faithful to that pattern but we can always hope.
    Maybe we'll attack their crappy run D successfully and avoid that embarrassment.
    Jets D is allowing an average 144.9 ypg on the ground.
    Ekeler- protect the ball.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

These are the kinds of games we typically don't win since Marty left - on the road against scrappy teams with better than average defense, overall well coached.

I don't know if that trend will change but we'll see.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I predict the Chargers will defeat the Jets as efficiently and convincingly as they defeated the Bears. The Chargers are currently favored -3. I predict a similar score to the Bears game, 33-14 Chargers.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I predict the Chargers will defeat the Jets as efficiently and convincingly as they defeated the Bears. The Chargers are currently favored -3. I predict a similar score to the Bears game, 33-14 Chargers.
          I'm with ya brutha....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm with ya brutha....

Glad to know it.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

The Jets are lucky to be at 4-3. Last week’s putrid performance against the Giants tells me that. They’re due for a market correction (stock market lingo.)

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Glad to know it.
                Just way too much negativity going on around here for my liking regardless that we Under achieved against accomplished teams. Maybe nice to beat up on some unbalanced teams out there for a few games...
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Just way too much negativity going on around here for my liking…
                  I expect more from a $9 billion dollar team, heh.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

This is hilarious. The butthurt guy says the Jets are being disrespected by Vegas for being home dogs. The smart guy points out the Jets' offense is averaging 164 yds per game and it's not good.

Jets prepare to face Chargers at home as underdogs, trust Zach Wilson? | NFL | THE CARTON SHOW

​

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Just way too much negativity going on around here for my liking regardless that we Under achieved against accomplished teams. Maybe nice to beat up on some unbalanced teams out there for a few games...
                      This is true. They aren't losing to bad teams, the Titans being the exception. They lost that game because both Asante Samuel and Michael Davis got complacent on two plays. The Jets are bad team and the Chargers should cruise to a win like they did against the Bears.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

This is true. They aren't losing to bad teams, the Titans being the exception. They lost that game because both Asante Samuel and Michael Davis got complacent on two plays. The Jets are bad team and the Chargers should cruise to a win like they did against the Bears.
                        The Chargers may win this game, but they are not cruising as they did against the Bears. This is going to be a difficult affair. The Jets are not going to allow
                        a lot of points in this game. So it's going to be up to our defense to shut down their lousy offense. The Jets have won three in row based on their defense.
                        They also have played a brutal schedule against Buffalo, Dallas, KC and Philly. They beat Buffalo, Philly and came pretty close to beating KC. Their worst
                        loss was to Dallas 30-10, but that was in week 2. Beating them in their home stadium is not going to be a piece of cake.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

The Chargers may win this game, but they are not cruising as they did against the Bears. This is going to be a difficult affair. The Jets are not going to allow
                          a lot of points in this game. So it's going to be up to our defense to shut down their lousy offense. The Jets have won three in row based on their defense.
                          They also have played a brutal schedule against Buffalo, Dallas, KC and Philly. They beat Buffalo, Philly and came pretty close to beating KC. Their worst
                          loss was to Dallas 30-10, but that was in week 2. Beating them in their home stadium is not going to be a piece of cake.
                          Chargers are going to have to realize that Herbert not taking a sack but throwing the ball away and not forcing a pass that might get picked, and punting might not be the worst play. I get field position is important in all games - but making Zach Wilson go 75 yards is different than say Mahomes or Tua go 75 yards

You are right, that defense is real. It could be a little ugly on Monday night. I would again ask Moore - maybe think about more protection and less 5 wide stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X